Fluorine

Charli XCX

My opinion on Sam is I’ve never liked a song they’ve been featured on. It’s not that I think this single will be bad, it’s just that Sam’s verse (from what we’ve heard) doesn’t add anything to the track to make it better as a collab.

what could have been a great track might only be just ~good~ now

2 hours ago, pin up galore said:

people and ESPECIALLY gays are so fucking shitty towards Sam Smith when they haven't done anything wrong like I don't even fuck with them or their music like that but the way people are so reactionary towards everything their involved in is so horrid and nasty and obviously stems from internalized homophobia and fatphobia :oprah3: thats right I pulled out the liberal buzzwords but its trew :true:

neways the song sounds cute idk, its weird with Charli I feel like a lot of the time Ill hear snippets of hers and I'm like "okay?..." and then it comes out and is like the greatest thing ever but im just grateful for new music 

it OBVIOUSLY stems from that, thank you so much queen 😭

IMG-1607.jpg

everything about this conversation sucks so im shifting it to something else

charli xcx, 5 in the morning photoshoot

Spoiler

Charli-XCX-press-photo-cr-Andrew-Thomas-

nicki minaj, princess diana music video

Spoiler

Screen_Shot_2023-10-11_at_7.45.53_PM.png

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

Mmm I think some of y'all are taking the Sam criticism a little too personally. Him not being liked ain't a direct assault on yourself as an individual, just an FYI.

15 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Like HELLO. Charli is Just making up for missing out on Dancing With A Stranger

I do like DWAS. One of the rare moments Normani gets recognition too. :deadbanana:

I also do like  "Diamonds and "How Do You Sleep?" as well, although there's a giant bit of hypocrisy there on my part given the song content lmao.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

4 hours ago, Chorli Xbox said:

…gays are so quick to pull out words like homophobia, fatphobia etc as soon as people express their dislike for a certain (and i’m sorry quite cringy) artist and the mediocre music they are making :awkney2:

the sam smith hate goes far beyond their music being “bad”.

lets not act like conservative media didn’t have a field day with sam’s performances and red carpet looks. and then, like clockwork, the self-hating gays started jumping in on the hate train and repeating their rhetoric.

even the most innocuous photo of sam goes viral on twitter with thousands of people making fun of their appearance, weight, and their overall presentation.

but if you wanna pretend like that’s not an issue then that’s on you :awkney2:

bitches act like only the str8s can have homophobic attitudes

but fr also i think a lot of yall just hate sam cuz they started their career with songs like stay with me which is just ultimate white mom music lets be real

Alright I'll take it there. Sounds like what is trying to be communicated is that it's not kosher to voice any criticism or dislike of any artist (constructive or otherwise) who falls under/into a few minority groups, no matter what. Either positive vibes only or just be silent. They're shielded by their status/group membership. Got it.

If you disagree with that assessment, then like, present the terms and conditions with which criticism or dislike IS allowed to be expressed. Idk.

I'mma be silent on this note now.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

lets remember that charli is also going to be on in the city as well! we love charli right?? this is the charli xcx thread??

hows about we all just turn off the computer for 5 minutes and ask ourselves if sam smith being on a charli song is something worth screaming about

1 hour ago, juiced froot said:

the sam smith hate goes far beyond their music being “bad”.

lets not act like conservative media didn’t have a field day with sam’s performances and red carpet looks. and then, like clockwork, the self-hating gays started jumping in on the hate train and repeating their rhetoric.

even the most innocuous photo of sam goes viral on twitter with thousands of people making fun of their appearance, weight, and their overall presentation.

but if you wanna pretend like that’s not an issue then that’s on you :awkney2:

But does anyone want to lie and say he's actually been serving these last few years?

I’ve never been a Sam Smith fan but I gotta admit they were never hated as much from both straights and queers until they started openly and visually embrace their queerness and body

if they announced a collab with Charli a few years back when they were a skinny straight-passing gay there wouldn’t be as much criticism of him as today that’s for sure 

Just now, venicebitch said:

I’ve never been a Sam Smith fan but I gotta admit they were never hated as much from both straights and queers until they started openly and visually embrace their queerness and body

if they announced a collab with Charli a few years back when they were a skinny straight-passing gay there wouldn’t be as much criticism of him as today that’s for sure 

straight passing? when?