Fluorine

Charli XCX

someone on atrl who has heard the album said this:

been listening to this recently and I kind of take back my initial comment about the album?

I still stand by what I said of her catfishing everyone into believing this is some sort of clubby rave non-stop bops record because it's not, but it's actually pretty cute for what it is (sans a few songs)

I think my main problem was that as she once was my fav artist, separating the music from the insufferable persona she's adopted in the past year was quite hard :rip: it's a nice pop album with disposable bops, but seeing her treat it like some sort of never-done-before opus definitely set my expectations way too high 

and on 360:

Von Dutch would be a fantastic opener tbh, 360 isn't bad lemme get that out the way, it's just a cute middle of the album bop, lowkey reminiscent of the XCX World album tracks

Yeah having heard (a possibly remixed version of) So I, the snippet of 360, I think about it all the time being the same length as the leak, this really doesn’t seem at all like the club album she’s been making it out to be. Still excited but a little let down 

1 hour ago, jumpropesparklequeen said:

someone on atrl who has heard the album said this:

been listening to this recently and I kind of take back my initial comment about the album?

I still stand by what I said of her catfishing everyone into believing this is some sort of clubby rave non-stop bops record because it's not, but it's actually pretty cute for what it is (sans a few songs)

I think my main problem was that as she once was my fav artist, separating the music from the insufferable persona she's adopted in the past year was quite hard :rip: it's a nice pop album with disposable bops, but seeing her treat it like some sort of never-done-before opus definitely set my expectations way too high 

and on 360:

Von Dutch would be a fantastic opener tbh, 360 isn't bad lemme get that out the way, it's just a cute middle of the album bop, lowkey reminiscent of the XCX World album tracks

Holding on to the hope of a remix album coming not so long after... although I am still loving every release and teaser I've heard so far.