Fluorine

Charli XCX

The ending was so anti-climactic. The video was a lot better before she went to prom then it was kind of eh. But Rose McGowan!

I liked the video overall though, if just for the scenes with Charli on the bus... She is FIRE in this video. Lawdy I've never seen her get so sexy  :hawt:

I just watched to video.

Good: Charli needs a tan, but she looked hot. She definitely looked hotter than she did on Boom Clap with the puffy eyes and bloated face. The video doesn't look too cheap like almost all of her other videos.

Bad: I didn't like the video's concept. It got kind of stupid at the end. Charli has her mouth open 75% of the time just like in her Instagram photos. I'm sure she's caught many flies.

I still don't like the song. If I watch the video again, it'll be on mute.

I just watched to video.

Good: Charli needs a tan, but she looked hot. She definitely looked hotter than she did on Boom Clap with the puffy eyes and bloated face. The video doesn't look too cheap like almost all of her other videos.

Bad: I didn't like the video's concept. It got kind of stupid at the end. Charli has her mouth open 75% of the time just like in her Instagram photos. I'm sure she's caught many flies.

I still don't like the song. If I watch the video again, it'll be on mute.

Now that you point it out, her mouth is always open... But she doesn't need a tan. Her fair skin is part of her look, it really never occurs to me "wow this girl is pale", she's just gorgeous and has porcelain skin. (Although considering her mom is Ugandan, I wonder why she is so light skinned)

Now that you point it out, her mouth is always open... But she doesn't need a tan. Her fair skin is part of her look, it really never occurs to me "wow this girl is pale", she's just gorgeous and has porcelain skin. (Although considering her mom is Ugandan, I wonder why she is so light skinned)

Her father is Scottish, so my guess would be her mother isn't fully Ugandan or she'd have darker skin

BzhmW.png

I've seen Charli tan. I'm sure she's capable of tanning pretty dark. She just seems to avoid the sun. Her mother is not native Ugandan as in being sub-Saharan African. Her mother is a descendant of Indians/Pakistanis who immigrated to Uganda about 100 years ago. She may or may not have a little African blood, but yeah, her mother is still pretty dark.

DETAILS: Your real name is Charlotte, so it's clear where Charli comes from. What about XCX?

Charli XCX: It stands for Kiss Charli Kiss, which is fucking lame. It used to be my handle on MSN Messenger. Then I got signed and thought, "Maybe I need to make it cooler," so I told the record label it stood for X-rated Cunt X-rated.

DETAILS: Your real name is Charlotte, so it's clear where Charli comes from. What about XCX?

Charli XCX: It stands for Kiss Charli Kiss, which is fucking lame. It used to be my handle on MSN Messenger. Then I got signed and thought, "Maybe I need to make it cooler," so I told the record label it stood for X-rated Cunt X-rated.

She's said this many times before, no?

She changes her story on her name every other month; that's why people are confused.

I remember in 2013 someone who claimed to be a huuuuge fan called her Charli 100

X----into me, into you----X

I actually saw an interview with Iggy where she talked about Charli a bit and said Charli told her she just thought it sounded cool like instea of xoxo it was xcx... So basically since xoxo means kisses and hugs, xcx would technically mean "kiss charli kiss". But I like the way Iggy explained it, I imagine that's how charli told her. When you say "kiss charli kiss" out loud it sounds stupid. But it makes more sense when you think about "xo" or "xoxo"

I'm noticing a theme in Charli's videos. She likes closeups of her ass. There are at least three closeups in Break the Rules. Too bad those shorts were kind of baggy. They should have done more closeups when she was standing on top of the bus because her ass was hanging out of that outfit. In Boom Clap and You (Ha Ha Ha), she had on spandex pants, and in Superlove, she had on a tight dress. Those closeups were awesome. She was in her underwear in What I Like, but she had no ass back then.