Fluorine

Charli XCX

Lmao, no I actually bought two more tickets for two more friends.

Not me taking your premonitions more seriously than even you! I don't fuck with no hocus pocus

Well, I must be somewhat excited because I just caved and made my first-ever pre-order for Sucker. Hoping the title's not prophetic I've been waiting to buy Boom Clap and I love Charli and well, I just caved, that's all.

I guess BTR is sort of what we expected... as in, feared... we were just hoping for better :/  I have to admit I like parts of the song. As National Anthem pointed out, the verses are good. It really is the chorus that messes it up for me.

But hey, there's 11 more tracks. I'm still holding out hope! Even if one of them is SuperLove because I really like it in a guilty-pleasure sort of way

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I smoke weed when I'm having anxiety/panic attacks because it calms me down, but I'm sure you'd say Xanax is safer despite the dependency it causes

You're wrong. Xanax is a prescription drug many people choose to abuse and illegally obtain. As far as music, yes Charli's new music sucks. I liked Heartbreaks and Earthquakes, Super Ultra, and True Romance. That is probably where it's going to end.  

I'm listening to Break the Rules... It DID grow on me. I still refuse to say it's a great song or that its not generic, but it is catchy.

edit: Also if this song gets popular, get ready for all the people who think they are so funny and original by commenting "omg is she saying "getting raped"!?"

I was trying to find out the composer credits for Sucker through the iTunes column browser but it's confusing me with this subgenre shit...Anyone know their way around it and wanna find out?

I was trying to find out the composer credits for Sucker through the iTunes column browser but it's confusing me with this subgenre shit...Anyone know their way around it and wanna find out?

It's not even on the purchased copy of the track from iTunes so idk

BzhmW.png

Not Charlotte shading her own new album by saying both the stuff on true romance and the punk album she scrapped are better... :defeated:

"* The best song you’ve ever written / recorded?

probably all of the stuff i wrote when i was like 16, or maybe the punk album i recently recorded in stockholm"

http://blogs.taz.de/popblog/2014/08/21/my-favourite-records-mit-charli-xcx/

Not Charlotte shading her own new album by saying both the stuff on true romance and the punk album she scrapped are better... :defeated:

probably all of the stuff i wrote when i was like 16, or maybe the punk album i recently recorded in stockholm"

She did say in those interviews in September when she was making the punk album that it was the best music she's ever made.  :defeated:

X----into me, into you----X

I believe her.

She should release Valentine :eartha2:

She did say in those interviews in September when she was making the punk album that it was the best music she's ever made.  :defeated:

Hasn't she since said that about the new punk-pop album too though? All along she's been saying this is the best music she's ever made. We shall see though...

(tbh I like London Queen and Breaking Up, but does she really think those are some of the best songs she's ever written? get out Charli...)

Is she telling us to not be surprised when True Romance is way better than Sucker? Kinda sounds like it...  :ohno:

Regardless of how you feel about the new sound, would any of you honestly say her songwriting is as good on any of the songs she's done since True Romance? sans maybe Boom Clap... But what happened to the amazing imagery of Grins and Stay Away?

Beaches and oceans for my baby  :legend:

Is she telling us to not be surprised when True Romance is way better than Sucker? Kinda sounds like it...  :ohno:

Regardless of how you feel about the new sound, would any of you honestly say her songwriting is as good on any of the songs she's done since True Romance? sans maybe Boom Clap... But what happened to the amazing imagery of Grins and Stay Away?

Beaches and oceans for my baby  :legend:

Electric lights

Blow my mind

I feel alright

I never stop, that's how we ride

Coming up until we die

wZT3l2G.gif

Idk I love Boom Clap and SuperLove a lot. You can tell she wasn't trying to all rebellious with them I guess. But the minor tragedy of BTR is actually doing a lot for my Charli listening lately. Godli XCX is still in there, I know it :crying:

Electric lights

Blow my mind

I feel alright

I never stop, that's how we ride

Coming up until we die

wZT3l2G.gif

Idk I love Boom Clap and SuperLove a lot. You can tell she wasn't trying to all rebellious with them I guess. But the minor tragedy of BTR is actually doing a lot for my Charli listening lately. Godli XCX is still in there, I know it :crying:

Oh no don't get me wrong, I'm totally listening to it. It grew on me and it's catchy. I like the song now (although it feels like I had to force myself a bit). But regardless of what I like about it, the lyrics are AWFUL.

I suppose it's similar to fancy in a way... Obsessed with that song, but it's not gonna win any songwriting awards... Granted not every song has to be a serious song with great lyrics like Stay Away, but BTR's lyrics are just way too bad and forced even for a party song.