Fluorine

Charli XCX

My only hope at this point is that there is an "Old Money" on the album. A track that sounds like the previous era stuck in the mix of the new (inferior) sound.

Let's NOT go there :whoopi:

"Break the Rules" blows. I can't even imagine it being a radio hit, but mainstream music isn't at its best right now, so who knows. If she's going to be morally bankrupt promoting substance abuse over education to 14 year old girls, she could at least make the music sound good. I don't think I'll be buying this album. I'd rather listen to Avril Lavigne. 

"Break the Rules" blows. I can't even imagine it being a radio hit, but mainstream music isn't at its best right now, so who knows. If she's going to be morally bankrupt promoting substance abuse over education to 14 year old girls, she could at least make the music sound good. I don't think I'll be buying this album. I'd rather listen to Avril Lavigne.

Ok it's a party song though... I don't think she's actually encouraging kids to drop out of school and become druggies. It's not worse than something like tik tok by Kesha. (Tbh it's pretty comparable :/ )

Ok it's a party song though... I don't think she's actually encouraging kids to drop out of school and become druggies. It's not worse than something like tik tok by Kesha. (Tbh it's pretty comparable :/ )

LOL at anon's post omg.

But they're kinda right I mean Charli says she wants to make music to appeal to that age group and the lyrics are about skipping school and getting trashed sooooo...... :toofunny:

14417469274.gif

LOL at anon's post omg.

But they're kinda right I mean Charli says she wants to make music to appeal to that age group and the lyrics are about skipping school and getting trashed sooooo...... :toofunny:

It's almost kind of punk of her though! The Sex Pistols had young fans and they never claimed to be role models. I think the line about getting high and getting wrecked is supposed to be controversial. Tbh it's the only part of the song that saves it from being a Selena Gomez song so I kind of like it...

I think there is a difference between attracting young fans unintentionally while being a bad role model and intentionally attracting young fans while being a bad role model. Charli's target audience is teenage girls. The "getting high, getting wrecked" line is just more of Charli trying too hard to be a badass. I'm not convinced. I feel the same about Tinashe and "2 On" after seeing her old videos being a good girl and talking about how she dislikes alcohol. Now all of a sudden, she likes to get drunk and high at the same time. 

I think there is a difference between attracting young fans unintentionally while being a bad role model and intentionally attracting young fans while being a bad role model. Charli's target audience is teenage girls. The "getting high, getting wrecked" line is just more of Charli trying too hard to be a badass. I'm not convinced. I feel the same about Tinashe and "2 On" after seeing her old videos being a good girl and talking about how she dislikes alcohol. Now all of a sudden, she likes to get drunk and high at the same time.

Tbh I think Charli has always liked getting drunk and high though... She mentions getting high multiple times in What I Like, she says someone is her favorite drug and she'd smoke them in the club on superlove, Take My Hand is about taking ecstasy, and even one of her way earlier songs "Do It Well" mentions sipping a Smirnoff. I'm also pretty sure there's images of weed in the Cloud Aura video and Brooke Candy mentions it.

I just don't think Charli has ever not had that kind of stuff in her music.

This is probably redundant, but I got this from an email from Charli's website:

"I've revealed a SELECTION of the tracks on SUCKER now with MORE TO COME in the following weeks, so stay tuned for more details and songs..."

I just hope we get better music/promo singles, tbh.

AND IS SUPERLOVE GOING TO BE ON ALBUM BECAUSE???

Tbh I think Charli has always liked getting drunk and high though... She mentions getting high multiple times in What I Like, she says someone is her favorite drug and she'd smoke them in the club on superlove, Take My Hand is about taking ecstasy, and even one of her way earlier songs "Do It Well" mentions sipping a Smirnoff. I'm also pretty sure there's images of weed in the Cloud Aura video and Brooke Candy mentions it.

I just don't think Charli has ever not had that kind of stuff in her music.

True, but the punk attitude seems forced. Honestly, Charli always came off as a dork trying to act cool, but it was more tolerable in True Romance. She even said she was too focused on trying to be cool on that album, but I think it's even worse now. I like "Take My Hand" even though I don't engage in self-poisoning. I also regularly bump "2 on." "Break the Rules" just sucks, and the lyric about school is just stupid. 

True, but the punk attitude seems forced. Honestly, Charli always came off as a dork trying to act cool, but it was more tolerable in True Romance. She even said she was too focused on trying to be cool on that album, but I think it's even worse now. I like "Take My Hand" even though I don't engage in self-poisoning. I also regularly bump "2 on." "Break the Rules" just sucks, and the lyric about school is just stupid.

I really can't tell if you are talking about more than drug references though... It's hard for me to take your critiques seriously because you seem really anti-drug. Which I understand but that's a minor part of her music...

I really can't tell if you are talking about more than drug references though... It's hard for me to take your critiques seriously because you seem really anti-drug. Which I understand but that's a minor part of her music...

As far as Charli trying to be "cool" or "punk," I am talking more than just about drug references. The whole drinking and getting high thing with Tinashe was just an example of another artist trying too hard to be "hard" or "edgy" kind of like Drake being a studio gangster rapper. I already knew that Charli liked to fry her brain and it seems to be affecting her song writing. Like I said, I like True Romance, so my opinion of her music has little to do with drug references. I mostly listen to hip hop. If I avoided songs with references to drugs and liquid poison (alcohol), I wouldn't have anything to listen to. 

As far as Charli trying to be "cool" or "punk," I am talking more than just about drug references. The whole drinking and getting high thing with Tinashe was just an example of another artist trying too hard to be "hard" or "edgy" kind of like Drake being a studio gangster rapper. I already knew that Charli liked to fry her brain and it seems to be affecting her song writing. Like I said, I like True Romance, so my opinion of her music has little to do with drug references. I mostly listen to hip hop. If I avoided songs with references to drugs and liquid poison (alcohol), I wouldn't have anything to listen to. 

are you part of the christian parents association or the temperance movement   :pls:

BzhmW.png

are you part of the christian parents association or the temperance movement   :pls:

I'm agnostic and have a bottle of whisky in my house, but it's probably going to sit there for years. I'm just a person who has seen too many people ruin their lives over something as unnecessary as drugs. It's a scientific fact that alcohol is a poison; it has nothing to do with religion. If people knew anything about how alcohol acts in the body, they would know it's a poison; but, they don't. 

This is probably redundant, but I got this from an email from Charli's website:

"I've revealed a SELECTION of the tracks on SUCKER now with MORE TO COME in the following weeks, so stay tuned for more details and songs..."

I just hope we get better music/promo singles, tbh.

AND IS SUPERLOVE GOING TO BE ON ALBUM BECAUSE???

I think it's likely that SuperLove made it based on the font alone. Makes it seem like a cohesive era, using it not only there but in the placeholder album cover and the Boom Clap cover. Unfortunately, it's also the font for The Bling Ring and some show on MTV :toofunny:

But yes at more coming. I don't like BTR but at least I know Breaking Up is in the near future. That song shits regardless. And would've been a better single because it sounds anthem-y without trying to be an anthem you feel me