Fluorine

Charli XCX

It's just not good :sadcore2:

I knew you would agree with me... all y'all who say I'm always negative are just haters. I've been one of Charli's biggest fans since 2011-2012 but I can't listen to this and pretend I can't see right through it... This is the most "manufactured" song she's ever created, Marina and the Diamonds releasing Primadonna teas tbh... Just counting on Sucker to have some better album tracks, I still loved Electra Heart!

This is really a commercial song, she wants a hit (another) or maybe not her but her label.

It bothers me how recent this all is though. It is not the original plan she had for this album. Remember when she used to talk about having people at her label listen to Serge Gainsbourg and said they looked at her like "wtf" but she said she will make it work? I feel like she had way bigger plans and due to label pressures and the success of Boom Clap and Fancy she sold out and made a song she thinks will be a radio hit. I honestly think she is better at that when she's not trying so hard. 

RIP "old" Charli? wtf. This is golden. It's what Charli wants. She said she wanted to do pop, but with an rock/pop influenced sound. This is EXACTLY what this is, to me atleast.

This is so fucking good. Fuck you guys. :lmao:

lABVyGE.png

RIP "old" Charli? wtf. This is golden. It's what Charli wants. She said she wanted to do pop, but with an rock/pop influenced sound. This is EXACTLY what this is, to me atleast.

Maybe I would like it more if it sounded bigger... It seemed like it would from the live snippet but the full studio version just sounds like a generic pop song with a more rock sound... It could be rock influenced and not have a build up and a repetitive breakdown after every chorus. It just is a little bland to me...

Regardless I'm sure I'll get over it and bop to this, ESPECIALLY if it does become a huge hit in the mainstream. I'm not really good at predicting that stuff. I did NOT think Fancy would be a hit.

I mean yeah if you like Avril Lavigne

Not going to say anything either way about this but I just saw it and remembered it was originally printed a while back:

""I never want to make the same thing twice," Charli told Billboard in May. "I never want to make another True Romance -- I want to make something different and something special. I remember when I went into the studio with Stargate, and they had this beat that they wanted me to write on, and it had the same tempo as [icona Pop's] 'I Love It.' They were like, 'This is your thing now!' And I was like, 'No! Oh no!'""

This new song sounds like it's totally the Stargate one though right? Granted I'm not saying it's the same song they gave her that she rejected before, but she has said she's worked with Stargate on this album and this sounds like it could be them. So I guess she gave them a second chance?

I mean yeah if you like Avril Lavigne

that's the type of music she said she wanted on this record

like I really don't know what people were expecting when she said she wanted a punk-ish album that appeals to younger teens. "Break the Rules" hits the nail on the head, songs like "Allergic to Love" does not

BzhmW.png

like I really don't know what people were expecting when she said she wanted a punk-ish album that appeals to younger teens. "Break the Rules" hits the nail on the head, songs like "Allergic to Love" does not

She also said it would not be like avril though. I thought she was going to find a way to do it.

This is pretty much what I expected, but I guess deep down I hoped it wouldn't be this. I hoped somehow it would blow me away even though I wasn't expecting it to. Annnnddd it didn't. The verses are nice tho. Sorry but I agree, RIP True Romance Charli

H0bDaqU.gif

I listen to Simply irresistible and Allergic to Love all the time, I had them in an unnamed punk album.

I've decided that since this album is gonna be Sucker, I'd call the punk album "Sucker Punch", because she took the punch out of it. Hahahahaahahahaha  :(

X----into me, into you----X

Alright so I've listened to Break The Rules like 50 times and I really think the song would be so much better if she didn't add the "I don't want to go to school" lyric. It makes the song seem so childish? I think. It's super catchy though!!! But yeah definitely RIP old charli

It is also co-written with the guy who wrote Best Song Ever by One Direction and has also written for the Wanted and Olly Murs.

Not too excited for this.

CRYu-l5UcAEhjM4.jpg

She also said it would not be like avril though. I thought she was going to find a way to do it.

I mean Avril had a legit rock band, this is more electronic in nature

on the other hand, Charli said it had a live feel to it and well...it doesn't 

BzhmW.png

I feel like the instrumental/production is the main thing about this song I dislike, and not because it's more rock-ish or whatever, it's just quite basic and I feel like any mainstream pop girl could make a song with this instrumental. It's not "Charli". At least Boom Clap, Superlove, Breaking Up, and London Queen all had something very special about them. 

There's nothing quirky at all in the instrumentation to set this apart as Charli's. It's just a stargate song.

I feel like the instrumental/production is the main thing about this song I dislike, and not because it's more rock-ish or whatever, it's just quite basic and I feel like any mainstream pop girl could make a song with this instrumental. It's not "Charli". At least Boom Clap, Superlove, Breaking Up, and London Queen all had something very special about them.

There's nothing quirky at all in the instrumentation to set this apart as Charli's. It's just a stargate song.

100% correct. This song is nothing special and nothing Charli.

14417469274.gif

So BTR is track 2 and Boom Clap is track 6...13 songs overall.

That doesn't mean it's ideal at all :mj3: And have you been in this thread lately? This is exactly what we were all expecting.

Although I feel like every interview has had this disclaimer going, like, "it's NOT pop punk"...but this is...