Fluorine

Charli XCX

Someone from ATRL claims they were on the set and said the song sounds a bit immature for Charli and overall just a bit mediocre... Not the hit single she needs.

Hoping they are wrong, I really don't want this to be an Avril Lavigne wannabe punk mess to appeal to the preteens... 

This is also seeming a fair amount like the Fancy video... 

Please Charli slay me  :ohno:

Someone from ATRL claims they were on the set and said the song sounds a bit immature for Charli and overall just a bit mediocre... Not the hit single she needs.

Hoping they are wrong, I really don't want this to be an Avril Lavigne wannabe punk mess to appeal to the preteens... 

I don't expect the video for Break The Rules to be spectacular or the song really either. As much as I hate to say it I feel like Charli will try to appeal to whatever gets her sales for her singles.. Like I feel like shes going to stop with the lyrically beautiful songs like Stay Away and replace them with shouty catchy songs like I Love It. Then again I honestly know nothing about her next record and I don't want to be THAT pessimist person. I'll still love whatever she releases. That's just what I think

CRYu-l5UcAEhjM4.jpg

I don't expect the video for Break The Rules to be spectacular or the song really either. As much as I hate to say it I feel like Charli will try to appeal to whatever gets her sales for her singles.. Like I feel like shes going to stop with the lyrically beautiful songs like Stay Away and replace them with shouty catchy songs like I Love It. Then again I honestly know nothing about her next record and I don't want to be THAT pessimist person. I'll still love whatever she releases. That's just what I think

No that's totally not a crazy conclusion to jump to. I kind of am thinking the same but I didn't want to say it. The way she's been talking about this album, it sounds like she wants her own hits now and is tired of just being on features. She's going to release an album of catchy pop hits to show she can do more than just "indie electropop".

No that's totally not a crazy conclusion to jump to. I kind of am thinking the same but I didn't want to say it. The way she's been talking about this album, it sounds like she wants her own hits now and is tired of just being on features. She's going to release an album of catchy pop hits to show she can do more than just "indie electropop".

The main problem right here. Getting hits seems to be the only thing that drove her change of direction. I just can't really celebrate that.

Hoping for some good album tracks.

I agree with you all as well ^^^

That's why I've been saying my excitement is basically non-existant for the new album right now purely because I'm not expecting to love it a whole lot. Then again, I expected not to love Ultraviolence either after the style change that "West Coast" was, and it totally blew me out of the water so idk

H0bDaqU.gif

Even if the album is good I'll be disappointed if it's just a combined effort of hits.

Her fame is continuing to rise; whether she kept Album II punk or not it would still get plenty of attention and probably do much better than True Romance did on the charts. There are LOTS of artists who've remained true to themselves and are still successful because of just that. Music is just better when it's genuine, and I'll be pretty upset if her next album isn't because she just wants her own #1 hit.

14417469274.gif

You guys should all read this interview, its pretty interesting but it doesn't really tell me anything I didn't already know about album #2. http://diymag.com/2014/08/12/charli-xcx-in-the-studio-interview

Also, idk if its just me but I love this picture :flutter: charlixcx_20140812_inthestudio_2047x1365

Interesting interview. I'm excited to hear the Rivers song now! I can totally see how a song inspired by Beverly Hills would be the perfect fit for the direction she wants this album to go. A catchy pop song with a punk attitude and a bit of a throwback maybe :)))

Not as excited that she's really starting to talk about making an album for 14 year old girls though.... That's kind of a market segment I always want my favorite artists to stay away from but I guess for an up and coming female pop star who just had a song in a John Green movie, it's the most sensible route to go... I like to think Charli cares about her musical integrity as much as sales though.

Is SUPERLOVE on the album anymore?

Most likely, although Boom Clap is probably considered the lead single by now. I do think Superlove would be a non-album single (similar to Marina's Radioactive, it got demoted to 'promo single' when Primadonna replaced it).

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Most likely, although Boom Clap is probably considered the lead single by now. I do think Superlove would be a non-album single (similar to Marina's Radioactive, it got demoted to 'promo single' when Primadonna replaced it).

Charli also did this with True Romance. She has like a million lead singles and promo singles. Nuclear seasons then you're the one and then You (ha ha ha)

They are all ugly... Why couldn't she have done a professional looking single cover, with perhaps a photo of herself?

Let's be real, this entire "Boom Clap" era has been a giant mess. I mean I'm happy for the success of it and everything but you get what I'm saying.

H0bDaqU.gif

Let's be real, this entire "Boom Clap" era has been a giant mess. I mean I'm happy for the success of it and everything but you get what I'm saying.

The fact that there are two different official versions and the one that's in the music video isn't available for purchase in the US and probably never will be (except probably as part of the album when it comes out) is so messy...