Fluorine

Charli XCX

The fact that there are two different official versions and the one that's in the music video isn't available for purchase in the US and probably never will be (except probably as part of the album when it comes out) is so messy...

Not to mention the various single covers, the fact that it is a total backtrack for Charli compared to True Romance (imo), and that this song basically made her scrap the album process the she was in the middle of and start all over with a new sound :deadbanana:

H0bDaqU.gif

There are plenty of 14-year-old girls out there interested in expanding their taste in good music :)

tumblr_mnwcvaWl4V1r5umu6o1_1280.png

Hopefully these are the girls she's talking about reaching. I really want to see her lure in the masses with a couple of conventional pop hits, and on the rest of the album take it to the next level.

Hey, I can dream. :D

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

There are plenty of 14-year-old girls out there interested in expanding their taste in good music :)

Hopefully these are the girls she's talking about reaching. I really want to see her lure in the masses with a couple of conventional pop hits, and on the rest of the album take it to the next level.

Well we can also take into consideration that True Romance earned her a lot of her 14 year old fans too, and that was an amazing album. It was also experimental and serious enough to earn her critical acclaim and respect among an older audience. I'm just hoping album 2 is also like that and not "Charli lite: for the one direction crowd"

Well we can also take into consideration that True Romance earned her a lot of her 14 year old fans too, and that was an amazing album. It was also experimental and serious enough to earn her critical acclaim and respect among an older audience. I'm just hoping album 2 is also like that and not "Charli lite: for the one direction crowd"

:rip:

But yeah I agree.

H0bDaqU.gif

Please post here more I don't browse enough in other threads anymore so I miss your posts. :flutter:

Critical acclaim? I don't remember True Romance getting critical acclaim. Weren't critic reviews generally mixed?

Edit: Yeah it's got a 76 on metacritic. Mostly positive reviews, but even those were just like "it's pretty good." I wouldn't say True Romance had critical acclaim. LP1 is a good example of an album with critical acclaim.

14417469274.gif

Please post here more I don't browse enough in other threads anymore so I miss your posts. :flutter:

Critical acclaim? I don't remember True Romance getting critical acclaim. Weren't critic reviews generally mixed?

Edit: Yeah it's got a 76 on metacritic. Mostly positive reviews, but even those were just like "it's pretty good." I wouldn't say True Romance had critical acclaim. LP1 is a good example of an album with critical acclaim.

Ok maybe acclaim is an exaggeration. It never saw the overwhelming acclaim that LP1 saw. But it was reviewed very well. It was certainly seen as a promising debut, and I think many of the reviewers assumed she could do even better with her next album. (it isn't looking this way however).

Ughh I would like it if her voice weren't so messed up... idk if I can listen to it like this :<

Can't complain about not getting a leak in a while now I guess... But where's midnight?

Ughh I would like it if her voice weren't so messed up... idk if I can listen to it like this :<

Can't complain about not getting a leak in a while now I guess... But where's midnight?

Catchy as fuck, the vocal effects are awful though.

Btw... not me thinking it was "Jungle" original version :(  it's a whole new song though :D

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde