Fluorine

Charli XCX

She's actually "over" Sucker already, since the songs have been in her life for a year, and she's far along on her next album: "It's super-hyper-real, like Care Bears, J-pop-inspired, but also more urban than anything I've done before."

She's becoming SOPHIE. :legend:

X----into me, into you----X

The last paragraph of the Sucker review on pitchfork sums up the way I view it pretty well I guess. (They gave it a 7.6 btw, like damn this album is getting such good reviews and I was scared it was going to be torn apart...)

"With that said, there's something undeniably exciting to me about a scenario in which a young fan, fresh out of falling in love with "Boom Clap" or "Fancy", comes to this record and discovers an uncompromising, ferocious talent, self-assured and empowered and incredibly versatile. Sucker isn't an endpoint for Charli—she's already talking about her next record, inspired by J-pop and "intensely weird and childlike"—and it's not her finest work, but it's plenty good enough to rope a cohort of new fans into what's promising to be one hell of a creative ride."

The last paragraph of the Sucker review on pitchfork sums up the way I view it pretty well I guess. (They gave it a 7.6 btw, like damn this album is getting such good reviews and I was scared it was going to be torn apart...)

"With that said, there's something undeniably exciting to me about a scenario in which a young fan, fresh out of falling in love with "Boom Clap" or "Fancy", comes to this record and discovers an uncompromising, ferocious talent, self-assured and empowered and incredibly versatile. Sucker isn't an endpoint for Charli—she's already talking about her next record, inspired by J-pop and "intensely weird and childlike"—and it's not her finest work, but it's plenty good enough to rope a cohort of new fans into what's promising to be one hell of a creative ride."

OMG...The fact that we expected it to be torn apart by critics but it's actually getting praised pretty accurately represents my experience with the album I guess :toofunny: Sort of glad I was ready to hate it because now it's tha jam.

That's a higher score than Ultraviolence though, the inaccuracy :judgingu3:

Absolutely agree. Someone joked earlier in the thread about the death of Charli's artistic integrity when the commercial tracks started coming out but Sucker hits such a sweet spot between being accessible, irresistible, yet still engaging. It's the smartest move she could have made. I'm going to play the hell out of this record and dance and sing along but anticipate her to release her magnum opus in a few years. 

The verdict is IN!

Breaking Up

Sucker

Body of My Own

Need Ur Luv

Boom Clap

Gold Coins

Doing It

London Queen

Caught in the Middle

Money

Famous

Break the Rules

Hanging Around

Die Tonight

Now you can either agree or be on the wrong side of history :(

The verdict is IN!

Breaking Up

Sucker

Body of My Own

Need Ur Luv

Boom Clap

Gold Coins

Doing It

London Queen

Caught in the Middle

Money

Famous

Break the Rules

Hanging Around

Die Tonight

Now you can either agree or be on the wrong side of history :(

Doing It

Famous

Body of My Own

Sucker

Need Ur Luv

Breaking Up

Boom Clap

Hanging Around

Money

Caught in the Middle

Break The Rules

Gold Coins

London Queen

Die Tonight

:runs:

Doing It

Famous

Body of My Own

Sucker

Need Ur Luv

Breaking Up

Boom Clap

Hanging Around

Money

Caught in the Middle

Break The Rules

Gold Coins

London Queen

Die Tonight

:runs:

*comeintomybedroom voice* No one cares lol

Jk lowest track solidarity I guess? :slayty:

*comeintomybedroom voice* No one cares lol

original.jpg

Need Ur Luv redeems every low point on Sucker. :defeated:

What are the low points?

Yeah even though the vocal mixing on Need Ur Luv sounded weird at first, I'm used to it now and the whole thing is just flawless.

I hated it live. I heard it like three times live and I was so bored and not looking forward to it at all but I've loved it since I heard it.