Fluorine

Charli XCX

Charli is fucking TRASH for this. saying she's "white beautiful and Australian", as if that's some sort of obstacle she's had to overcome :oprah2:. Fuck off, charli. I can only imagine the trials and tribulations iggy has had to overcome, with her "beauty" and race holding her back. Such an inspirational woman!

That sentence has made me just dumbfounded. I'm honestly lost for words, there could be an essay written on that quote.

Breaking the mould, YES! Authenticity is boring af. We need talentless white artists to dominate in more genres :P

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

What she said makes no sense... "Iggy doesnt sing" yeah girl that's your only purpose on Fancy :toofunny: at least Nicki sings her own pop choruses (in the songs she mentioned) :illuminataylor:

She basically said I**y's breaking boundaries by being completely useless on her own songs and in either of her own genres. I for one am impressed tbh!

Igloo...a pop icon? lol hardly. No one will talk about her outfit or her performances because she's stiff and boring

Beg For It stalled out at 28 on the BB Hot 100 and there's no video yet. She's touring to half sold arenas in mid 2015 and she won't have another hit the rest of her life

I don't understand why that's hard for everyone to see when it's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS

BzhmW.png

Igloo...a pop icon? lol hardly. No one will talk about her outfit or her performances because she's stiff and boring

Beg For It stalled out at 28 on the BB Hot 100 and there's no video yet. She's touring to half sold arenas in mid 2015 and she won't have another hit the rest of her life

I don't understand why that's hard for everyone to see when it's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS

:hdu: I thought...

:hdu: I thought...

nah I renounced this stupid bimbo with the dry ass release of Reclassified and then when she was silent during all this AB shit dismissing established HIP HOP artists and being silent about social issues

the cherry on top was when AB tweeted "Pretending to be black is fun but black issues sure aren't huh?" and this hoe said nothing. It proved to me she's only in it for herself and some cash instead of actually doing ANYTHING. I feel like wiping my ass with my ticket stub from her May concert

BzhmW.png

I thought you stanned for Iggy?

Oh Charli, Charli, Charli...first you work with disgusting Terry Richardson, then you defend racist trash Igloo? Just what kind of feminist are you, really?

A white feminist really. I'm really disappointed. Like I know Iggy helped your mainstream success a lot, but you don't owe her anything. Iggy would be a nobody without you too.

I honestly put so much respect in Charli for being an artist that tried to break some boundaries by being a non stereotypical pop artist, and being from a non-white background herself would try to say something in defense of Banks instead of wonder bread I**y. But I just looked up stuff about her and she never really took an interest in her Ugandan-Indian heritage until 2013. At this point that's really ignorant and I might not even buy Sucker or see a show unless she further explains this shit. She lived as a white person instead of learning about half of her family.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

stanning does not mean you have to be delusional

They aren't mutually exclusive either, plenty of people blindly follow Iggy and even condone her racism and reduce it for being "apart of her struggle!1!!!1!11"

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I'm kinda behind on the whole Iggy mess, what exactly has she done to attract all this condemning? I'm aware of that "runaway slave master" line (the fact she claims that line was an homage to Kendrick Lamar is fucking hilarious) but is there more to it then that?

I honestly put so much respect in Charli for being an artist that tried to break some boundaries by being a non stereotypical pop artist, and being from a non-white background herself would try to say something in defense of Banks instead of wonder bread I**y. But I just looked up stuff about her and she never really took an interest in her Ugandan-Indian heritage until 2013. At this point that's really ignorant and I might not even buy Sucker or see a show unless she further explains this shit. She lived as a white person instead of learning about half of her family.

I'd hope this is sarcastic...Iggy does music that was conceived out of decades of oppression and rips things off without thinking

Charli's heritage in no way impacts her music, the genre of her music or even her interests. That seems logically flawed. It's not even relevant when she discusses her music really because she doesn't do interviews to talk about her family. She knows about her family so assuming she hasn't learned about it is a stretch

BzhmW.png

I'm kinda behind on the whole Iggy mess, what exactly has she done to attract all this condemning? I'm aware of that "runaway slave master" line (the fact she claims that line was an homage to Kendrick Lamar is fucking hilarious) but is there more to it then that?

Azealia used her as a modern image of what's wrong with media. Iggy is awarded for mediocre lyrics and "artistry", and when Iggy replied she basically called Azealia bitter because she isn't mainstream. But Azealia started a bigger argument with the fault in society where racism is alive in music. (that's my interpetation)

Azealia used her as a modern image of what's wrong with media. Iggy is awarded for mediocre lyrics and "artistry", and when Iggy replied she basically called Azealia bitter because she isn't mainstream. But Azealia started a bigger argument with the fault in society where racism is alive in music. (that's my interpetation)

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I'd hope this is sarcastic...Iggy does music that was conceived out of decades of oppression and rips things off without thinking

Charli's heritage in no way impacts her music, the genre of her music or even her interests. That seems logically flawed. It's not even relevant when she discusses her music really because she doesn't do interviews to talk about her family. She knows about her family so assuming she hasn't learned about it is a stretch

Charli's defense of Iggy was basically centered around her being a "mega star" an therefore above the common views of society. Although her heritage doesn't impact her music it does have an impact on her as a person. She doesn't see Iggy as offensive, and that's a problem.

Iggy’s not only a rap star, right now at this moment in time she’s a pop icon,” Charli XCX said.

And pop icons can do whatever the f--- they want. They don’t have to stick within the boundaries. They don’t have to play the rules the right way. David Bowie didn’t. I’m not comparing her to Bowie, but who gives a f---? It’s just because it’s hip hop. There’s people who really think about rap and hip hop in such an old school way.

Ms XCX says Azalea is forging new territory.

“She’s doing something I don’t think many females have successfully done, which is put rap music in a pop arena. Of course Nicki (Minaj) has done it, but most of her big big hits are songs like Starships or Super Bass where she’s singing. Iggy doesn’t sing. She’s in a very unique space. For people who are super old school about hip hop and rap it’s hard for them to swallow. Also she’s beautiful, white, Australian and female. That doesn’t really happen in hip hop too much. It’s breaking the mould.”

The bold statements basically say Iggy is breaking a mould in a genre therefore doesn't have to adhere to rules.

And although I'm sure you're VERY familiar with her tweets I'll just link you to this tumblr page.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1