Fluorine

Charli XCX

it bothers me that whenever charli releases a single like atap or boys or 1999, the label expects it to chart yet they pay her dust for the rest of the year... like the GP hasn't heard of charli since boys and even then it's not like that song went #1. how do they expect 1999 to do super well if they haven't bothered investing a dime into keeping charli a relevant name? angels do LABOUR to promote her and charli is clearly working her ass off, it's sad that atlantic just expects that to be enough. stream 1999

How does everyone all of a sudden know exactly what Atlantic wants for it? Lmao we have no confirmation if it’s even GOING to radio; i hope it does, of course, but y’all talk like you & Atlantic are best friends. Maybe they have some other promo stuff planned, single campaigns can last for months.

I guess with Taylor but if you invited her on tour with you, you think it would be nice to like maybe RT one of her tweets? And her and Camila are supposed to be really good friends so I think thats really weird/fake

Taylor is barely using social media this era tho, she hasn't promoted Selena's releases as well and they are best friends so...

Also, I've been out of home the whole weekend so can someone if something happened? I haven't read this thread since Tuesday night

giphy.gif

How does everyone all of a sudden know exactly what Atlantic wants for it? Lmao we have no confirmation if it’s even GOING to radio; i hope it does, of course, but y’all talk like you & Atlantic are best friends. Maybe they have some other promo stuff planned, single campaigns can last for months.

Lmao ikr. Everyone keeps painting Atlantic as the bad guys, “we want a hit!!!111”, without any evidence. Charli’s on pretty good terms with them, and I doubt that anyone is stupid enough to assume that she’s going to have a hit record anytime soon. Angels’ fanfiction is the worsttttt

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Lmao ikr. Everyone keeps painting Atlantic as the bad guys, “we want a hit!!!111”, without any evidence. Charli’s on pretty good terms with them, and I doubt that anyone is stupid enough to assume that she’s going to have a hit record anytime soon. Angels’ fanfiction is the worsttttt

Labels put money into songs to make a profit its simple or otherwise they wouldn't of put Troye on the song to boost its commercial appeal.Of course they expect this to be a hit otherwise it wouldn't of gone through multiple production stages which isn't cheap for it just to be thrown out there for the fans Atlantic aren't dumb they knew it had a similarity to a similarly released hit single(2002) and decided to capitilise on it.

Also the fact that this is supposedly her biggest budget video since boys judging on the imagery cements this.

Labels put money into songs to make a profit its simple or otherwise they wouldn't of put Troye on the song to boost its commercial appeal.Of course they expect this to be a hit otherwise it wouldn't of gone through multiple production stages which isn't cheap for it just to be thrown out there for the fans Atlantic aren't dumb they knew it had a similarity to a similarly released hit single(2002) and decided to capitilise on it.

Also the fact that this is supposedly her biggest budget video since boys judging on the imagery cements this.

1) 1999 was made before 2002.

2) In what universe would TROYE be giving the record commercial success? If they wanted that, they would've gone for an actually big artist.

3) You assume that it was the label who made the song go through production stages. Charli herself could've easily been the one dissatisfied with the original version.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

1) 1999 was made before 2002.

2) In what universe would TROYE be giving the record commercial success? If they wanted that, they would've gone for an actually big artist.

3) You assume that it was the label who made the song go through production stages. Charli herself could've easily been the one dissatisfied with the original version.

Also we're only aware of it going through two production stages, which is like.........extremely common for pretty much any song.

diplo, dua lipa

I follow neither  :toofunny:  sorry

You guys are talking a lot about Atlantic trying to recreate the success of that 2002 song which is really interesting because I've never heard that song in my life and have only heard about it in this thread

It's technically her biggest hit, peaking at #3 in the UK. I'm personally not a fan, but after the success of that track it is obvious why Atlantic were willing to invest in 1999.

Today is election day on my country and we are closer than ever to a fascist government. I really hope RNR leaks this year so I can forget for 3 minutes that LGBTQ+, black people, women and other groups might be hunted for the next 4 years. Music is what keeps me steady these days.

After days of good behaviour...

Leak round & round!

but for real... 1999 is growing on me girlies! Pray for me and my sinful desires

While you're still giving her those stream coins, you're doing nothing wrong