Fluorine

Charli XCX

adore charli, but to all the people who are praising this album: did you not listen to anything of hers apart from the official singles beforehand? or are you just marveling over the sequencing/selection of all these previously released tracks and the 1? 2? new tracks? her calling this album her baby and saying how much went into it kind of baffles me because she's put all this stuff out there in some form previously, the hard part's been done for her for some time...

tumblr_mg9v6lYlwT1qhhn3go1_500.png

adore charli, but to all the people who are praising this album: did you not listen to anything of hers apart from the official singles beforehand? or are you just marveling over the sequencing/selection of all these previously released tracks and the 1? 2? new tracks? her calling this album her baby and saying how much went into it kind of baffles me because she's put all this stuff out there in some form previously, the hard part's been done for her for some time...

I'm looking at the album in the grand scheme and not just this moment. I like to think that a few years down the line, the fact that very little of the material was new won't make any difference. It's just a reall strong album, speaking from someone who was very familiar with all the song on the album that she'd already put out. I think it's her baby because it's her perfect debut. For her, it probably never was a collection of her better tracks from prior releases. I can respect that.

There's really great parts about the album even as someone who has been a fan for a while. Like you said, the sequencing and selection is great and the atmospheric touches really do the trick for me.

PM it over 

Bought the deluxe on iTunes! If you haven't preordered yet and plan on buying a digital copy, do it quick because the prices will go up by around $2  :hooker:

It SUCKS I SWEAR TO GOD

I woke up and though "oh I can download it now, that's cool" AND I CAN'T, SINCE I'M BROKE AS HELL

last.fm  

I'm looking at the album in the grand scheme and not just this moment. I like to think that a few years down the line, the fact that very little of the material was new won't make any difference. It's just a reall strong album, speaking from someone who was very familiar with all the song on the album that she'd already put out. I think it's her baby because it's her perfect debut. For her, it probably never was a collection of her better tracks from prior releases. I can respect that.

There's really great parts about the album even as someone who has been a fan for a while. Like you said, the sequencing and selection is great and the atmospheric touches really do the trick for me.

reading this i definitely see things differently. i feel kinda harsh with what i said before =x i didn't really consider how many people still do not explore mixtapes/online leaks even in 2013, so in that respect the fact that she was able to collect what she considered the best of it all and make an album that is garnering acclaim from both the public and critics is something to celebrate <3

tumblr_mg9v6lYlwT1qhhn3go1_500.png

Got an email that it dispatched. Now to wait 2 weeks for it get here from the UK.

I wish she posted pics of her signing them because if I get it and it isn't signed or it looks fake, I'm disputing the charge. I'm not paying almost $20 for an unsigned or stamped autograph copy  :whitney:

BzhmW.png

It's so annoying, I want to listen to the entire album and whatnot but I can't turn off Cloud Aura, it's so…………I don't even know if it's any good lmao. In other news, my copy of True Romance was shipped today too, and Charli has more plays than Lana in my last.fm libary, ups. AND CHARLI IS PLAYING IN OSLO TONIGHT (probably like right now idk) and it's not fun since it's 18+. Bitches.

last.fm