Calling WM her most overrated song when Bounce exists is wild

I SAID IF YOU'RE IN THE SAUNA 

BOUNCE

IF YOU'RE IN THE GYM 

BOUNCE

IF YOU'RE GOING TO WORK

BOUNCE BOUNCE 

Djm6ETRUYAAvd6N.jpg

this kinda tells an incredible career arc… true romance ignored vs. i love it, fancy, boom clap; sucker out of frustration/retaliation; period post-sucker… leading her to sophie, a.g., and everything since. i would love to see a documentary on it, especially 2015-16 (also a great opportunity to release the exchange tracks, could even bundle them with movie tickets which is very sophie).

Her career has always been super fascinating to me... Like she said her debut album was ignored and had very little success, all people cared about was I Love It. If it hadn't of been for Boom Clap, I think the same would've happened with Sucker, the hype and questions would be about Fancy whilst the album got ignored.

It's even strange to me how in some countries Sucker was marketed as her debut album, like she's 8 years into her career as a major label pop star yet she still feels like an up and coming or alternate artist. That must be frustrating for her! Especially when she's tried and experienced mainstream success.

Then you have the whole tour scenarios, always the opener and never the headliner. Opening for Taylor, Katy and also Halsey, a fellow alternate popstar who hasn't been in the industry as long as Charli. Like that must have been annoying or even confusing?

Then we have the whole XCX World drama, trying to create her most pop album, then it becoming PC music influenced. Then her label interfering, having to release a song that she didn't write in hope of success just to get her album released. The leaks.

I'd love her to do a For The Record kinda thing, just sit and talk about her experience for a couple of hours.

If you all want to hear a really good interview with her, I highly recommend listening to her “And the Writer Is...” episode. Its a podcast where Ross Golan (songwriter, Same Old Love co-writer) interviews other writers about their careers and processes. Her episode was about an hour long and its probably the best interview/profile on her

I got it, mow that lawn, track 10, and lucky all exist lol

i got it, lucky and track 10 are literally the essence of pop 2?? can u stop hating on pop 2 its not fear and love 

i got it, lucky and track 10 are literally the essence of pop 2?? can u stop hating on pop 2 its not fear and love 

pop2 is so lazy lmAO yall pretend it's the best thing to ever happen to charli but it's one of the most lazy and boring things she's ever done

femmebot is good but that's about it

xMcVPI7.jpg

pop2 is so lazy lmAO yall pretend it's the best thing to ever happen to charli but it's one of the most lazy and boring things she's ever done

femmebot is good but that's about it

I don't really see how laziness is a statement on quality. Like, regardless of the creative process Pop 2 is an amazing album, with 8 features that blend so well into each other and with iconic songs

I mean I would be more mad at N1A considering she had songs like TKO, RnR, Taxi and HBHG lying around and she chose shit like Emotional instead. How is that ok? How is Emotional over Taxi ok? How is ILY2 over RnR ok? 

I don't really see how laziness is a statement on quality. Like, regardless of the creative process Pop 2 is an amazing album, with 8 features that blend so well into each other and with iconic songs

I mean I would be more mad at N1A considering she had songs like TKO, RnR, Taxi and HBHG lying around and she chose shit like Emotional instead. How is that ok? How is Emotional over Taxi ok? How is ILY2 over RnR ok? 

pop2 isn't cohesive sonically or lyrically, especially in comparison in N1A. N1A could've been much 'cooler' but the way it's formatted actually makes sense unlike pop2. pop2 is just compilation of songs she threw together lmao.

also no emotional or ily2 slander fat!!!!

xMcVPI7.jpg

pop2 isn't cohesive sonically or lyrically, especially in comparison in N1A. N1A could've been much 'cooler' but the way it's formatted actually makes sense unlike pop2. pop2 is just compilation of songs she threw together lmao.

also no emotional or ily2 slander fat!!!!

lyrically: all the songs (aside from I Got It) are about love, how is that not cohesive? it's not like N1A didn't exclusively talk about love either lol 

sonically: Cohesion isn't a statement on quality either, again, it's like saying you prefer somebody over somebody else just because they're taller. ???

Pop 2 works and that's enough. We can talk about why that works but that is a discussion that's like... long... and boring... plus I'm not good at deconstructing why I feel the way i do about something and people who do that inevitably end up talking gibberish like Shittony Craptano or whatever his straight ass name is 

I feel like you're feelings towards Pop 2 are similar to mines towards Love+Fear and it's totally fucked up

edit: also I feel like variety in terms of song isn't detrimental? Pop 2 is a synth pop album, and PC music relies heavily on computer-produced sounds. As SOPHIE once said, it's silly to just stick to few sounds when you can virtually create anything you like, so from that point of view the very nature of her musical genre encourages a "lack" of cohesion which again isn't a bad thing in favour of a larger artistic vision 

Oh god not the N1A v. Pop 2 argument again. I guess its been like 10 pages since the last one so we’re due for it

can’t believe we’re still here debating n1a vs pop 2!! number 1 angel has like 4 good songs lmao

let us debate stuff that doesn't really matter in peace!!!!

xMcVPI7.jpg