Fluorine

Charli XCX

Sucker is literally three year old radio hits tho

Like I don't get how WM is suddenly shit?

You really listened to WM and thought this is new and amazing? She's cute at best but way too close to other songs.

Let's take Lanas "The Greatest" for example. When It starts you immediately feel like you always knew the song. The production is very Beatles and just familiar but still totally original. WM on the other hand is just a melody you definitely heard before.

I don't get the hype. It's not bad but probably (or hopefully) one of the weaker tracks on the album.

You really listened to WM and thought this is new and amazing? She's cute at best but way too close to other songs.

Let's take Lanas "The Greatest" for example. When It starts you immediately feel like you always knew the song. The production is very Beatles and just familiar but still totally original. WM on the other hand is just a melody you definitely heard before.

I don't get the hype. It's not bad but probably (or hopefully) one of the weaker tracks on the album.

It’s not new and it’s not amazing, it was done 8 years ago by Lady Gaga, so what? Grace Kelly and Relax by MIKA reuse an old melody and they’re still amazing song, despite sampling something that already exists

Honestly 1999 is the weakest track on the album, and 2099 doesn’t look that good either

I’m not saying WM is her magnum opus but it’s a good song and probably one of the fan favourites (cause let’s face if I don’t see none of these singles ever becoming fan favorites)

oh wow

apple/spotify/whatever streaming service top 1500 will have a meltdown  :deadbanana:

GIRL

Pop music reuses melodies & chords all the time. Nothing can ever be 100% original because everyone is inspired by something. Can y’all find a better reason to hate White Mercedes? It’s a gorgeous ballad. Charli is serving vocals, good lyrics, & raw emotion... but I guess y’all are never happy?? :flop:

14417469274.gif

Still with this White Mercedes uses the same melody as *insert downtempo pop song from literally any pop act*? Yeah thats all you can say. Can you come up with something else? Can you come up with something else?

Can we stop bashing WM altogether? It’s a great song and a SOLO one and god knows we need it

I have never heard White Mercedes period so I'm curious to see what all the constant commotion around this song is about

It's wonderful.

People just like to complain

Anyways February 2017 is going to suck, everyone say thank you Clairo!