Fluorine

Charli XCX

The “release the leak” argument is all about money. The investment was there, there’s a product out there for consumption, but it’s hollow... otherwise people couple just be content with having a leaked track and that’s it, discussion over...

But it’s about putting another $15+ dollars in Charli’s pocket that otherwise wouldn’t be there, even though the songs exist... because people care.

The “release the leak” argument is all about money. The investment was there, there’s a product out there for consumption, but it’s hollow... otherwise people couple just be content with having a leaked track and that’s it, discussion over...

But it’s about putting another $15+ dollars in Charli’s pocket that otherwise wouldn’t be there, even though the songs exist... because people care.

This is the biggest reach I’ve ever seen.

Ponytail should be Charli’s hair for the next era and NO it doesn’t count for Vroom Vroom

Mehhhhh

Charli’s hair is too thick, beautiful, & lustrous for it to be pulled back like that... she should embrace her hair & grow it back out. Besides if she goes ponytail all the Ariana stans will come for her.

14417469274.gif

No, it’s not. Charli stated many times that these songs are dead. She’s on another point of her career now, these old songs are just... old. The “forget the leaks” argument is about trusting her vision as an artist and respecting Charli’s work. I want new things, things that she really wants to put out. What’s even the point of asking for songs that she don’t want to release... at end of the day we are talking about someone’s else career. It’s not our job to decide what’s best for her.

I always thought Charli’s older music was unlistenable and this still goes for her newer stuff but not because it’s generic but because it’s so experimental now :rip:

So ironic because pop is the core of her musical identity but I really can’t bump a lot of these songs for casual listening because the production is so out there. I love that though. Taking a sound that most people scoff at for being overproduced and absolutely reveling in it until it becomes something innovative in its own right. There’s so much artistic merit to that.

Charlotte popped off! Excited for what’s to come in her career.

She kinda flirted with J-pop during that collab with Kyary but I would love for her to start working with more underground producers in J-pop because some of their production is incredibly forward thinking and futuristic.

No, it’s not. Charli stated many times that these songs are dead. She’s on another point of her career now, these old songs are just... old. The “forget the leaks” argument is about trusting her vision as an artist and respecting Charli’s work. I want new things, things that she really wants to put out. What’s even the point of asking for songs that she don’t want to release... at end of the day we are talking about someone’s else career. It’s not our job to decide what’s best for her.

Right and this is true too, so if she’s willing to just scrap it all as she’s publicly stated now, we have to respect that too. There’s two strong sides to the argument, as there often is... my take on it is pretty cut and dry and to the point. I don’t think everyone actually sees it that way. Maybe they just hate to see her scrap her work, maybe they think certain songs could’ve been hits, but regardless of the reasoning, it’s about putting out content.

When there’s content, there’s streams and purchases... where there’s no content, there’s none of that. With the leaks that’s the problem, we end up knowing that there’s content when we’re not supposed to. Idk, it’s just messy...

I don’t think so... why else would people want an official release of something they already have? They want the artist to benefit.

Are you speaking for some people’s views or your own? Because you just stated that her and her label had invested money in the songs so she should just release them so “we” can put money in her pocket, and thinking it just works that way is a very ignorant/naive idea of how releasing music (especially through a major label) works.