Fluorine

Charli XCX

I wonder what the look/aesthetic for the album will be because so far nothing's beat the vroom vroom aesthetic (tho N1A was rlly fucking cute)

I hope the bangs go.  

we need Vroom Vroom aesthetic but w Too Cute vibes like the outfit she wore when she performed round n round @ LA Pride d2712c3a6ad118090a9fad7918c57e54.jpg

God I fucking hate the vocal effects on Pop 2. Sometimes they compliment Charli's voice but there are too many moments where it just sounds absolutely horrendous. I can't tell if it's just inconsistent vocal tone or a perfect storm of bad singing AND bad vocal processing but these moments bother me

"so I can FIGURE IT OUT/so I TURN IT UP" - just plain ugly, and the whole first verse sounds off with the timing. It also seems like Charli jumps in a fraction of the second too early, and I can't tell if it's her's or AG's fault (AG's synths also don't play well with each other) but it's like she's not riding the flow of the instrumental. 

"pills and potions and terrible things, hot on the floor when the telephone rings, all of the lies I just wanna believe, drop all my morals I just wanna sin" - the bit before this was really good, but then she enter this section with a weird tinny nasal thing going on with her voice in the first line and then on the word "believe" she lowers her larynx (think of it like a yawn). This is made more noticeable by the change in tone from that to the following line - "drop all my morals I just wanna sin" and by "believe" echoing Tove Lo in her verse. 

Charli's tone is all over the place in these moments and there are other parts of the mixtape where this happens. It's a shame because she has such a nice voice. I get that this was just a mixtape but throughout the whole process, nobody caught these things?

^ same honestly it's stuff like this that kind of makes me prefer no1 angel over pop2. I feel like she's purposely going for a rushed/messy sound but it just leaves me listening to something I feel is tinny/unfinished. I'm really unsure if it's all intentionally messy and uncomfortable or if it legit is just because charli wanted the mixtape to be this manic rush. I thought jay parks verse in unlock it sounded pretty rough too like no polishing up/processing.

:crossed: Justice for Sticky :crossed:

Ya'II need to chiII....its just a mixtape......mixtapes shouIdn't be poIished......see her previous mixtapes....they had the same amateur-ish ways...... :facepalm:

But those imperfections onIy add to it in imo :flutter:

LEAK THE EXCHANGE TRACKS FATTIES

Ya'II need to chiII....its just a mixtape......mixtapes shouIdn't be poIished......see her previous mixtapes....they had the same amateur-ish ways...... :facepalm:

But those imperfections onIy add to it in imo :flutter:

ya but her other mixtapes didn't sound ugly, a lot of pop 2 is ugly to listen to

don't @me

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7