Fluorine

Charli XCX

CTMP is one of the best from the world album

honestly, ctmp is a highlight career. it's one of her best songs. the production is so advanced for a song made in 2015 and the chorus is her strongest hook by far. really hope it's released :(

CTMP is great but as of now, it has the same problem as Bounce.

They both slam but you can definitely tell they're from 2015/16. They just have that sound.

well the same happens with no angel & girls night out but she released them anyways so i don’t think charli really cares about the “age” of her songs

well the same happens with no angel & girls night out but she released them anyways so i don’t think charli really cares about the “age” of her songs

Two different situations. No Angel didn't sound dated and Girls Night Out sounded dated, but in a good 90's kind of way.

I meant it as some of the most mediocre and memorable sounds from those times can be found in Bounce and CTMP...

the thing I dislike about the leaked CTMP was the production sounded too busy when the hook was strong enough to hold its own 

it reminds me of the released No Angel like TiM are good but they tend to add too many additional sounds and they lose their effect 

there's another CTMP version that was like was pretty similar but just had more of the nice intro synth in the mix to carry the song without all the squeaks that ended up making the song sound dated. it's the version from the initial leaked snippet CUM2MYPARTY. kinda lets the vocals and instrumental both shine

d2z2Mep.png

The synths in the pre-chorus of CTMP are what make it sound dated to me. It reminds me too much of Beg For It and Fancy.

I think that's what they were TRYING to do, maybe if it reminded people of those songs it would be a hit? IDK.