Fluorine

Charli XCX

What I wished was that Atlantic\MissXCX could release the "original party album" as another mixtape and then finally feel free to do her own new music without fans bugging about "Well We don't Have COME TO MY PARTY in HQ but we also want to hear new stuff". It would be the perfect way to drop the songs legally, in good quality, the way they were meant to be heard and let it die since there's no need to promote it any further. If she's just dropping songs that are "so close to her heart" like Girls Night Out and No Angel on Spotify just for the sake of doing it.... I feel like it would be a "nice closure" for this whole mess that started with delaying the album for months til it leaked.

It feels like she's stuck somewhere in chaos with the whole situation of having many "unreleased songs" that fans actually have and put pressure about having them in "FINAL FORM" (aka their spotify playlists) and trying to always move forward with new stuff. That's the only reason I can think of why ignoring the full batch of songs from the original XCX3 but creating 2 full albuns and call them "mixtapes" when both also sound unique on their own way.

She's a legend hun?

it's not even as chaotic as it used to be literally 1 year ago, she's finally able to release the songs she being sitting on for almost 3 years... at this point i don't even care if it's another leaked song or not, i'm just happy that she's finally releasing the music she loves. i mean, yes i'm still thirsty for taxi, 1999, round & round (it's literally dead now so leak it) etc but i'm happy for her and we are so ungrateful sometimes... like who else released 2 mixtapes and 5 songs in a 2 years span? not couting the collabs and the leaks... sky ferreira fans (me including, sadly) are waiting since 2013 and got a cover in soundcloud 128kbps rip some weeks ago lol  

For those of you that went to the ATL after party, what was the crowd/line like at the time the doors opened? Should I get there like an hour before doors or what

The doors were at 9, show at 10. Probably didn’t really start until like 11. Charli didn’t come on until midnight or later. I got in line outside at like 8:45 and still got second row for Charli. It was a very very small venue though which helped a lot.

H0bDaqU.gif

it's not even as chaotic as it used to be literally 1 year ago, she's finally able to release the songs she being sitting on for almost 3 years... at this point i don't even care if it's another leaked song or not, i'm just happy that she's finally releasing the music she loves. i mean, yes i'm still thirsty for taxi, 1999, round & round (it's literally dead now so leak it) etc but i'm happy for her and we are so ungrateful sometimes... like who else released 2 mixtapes and 5 songs in a 2 years span? not couting the collabs and the leaks... sky ferreira fans (me including, sadly) are waiting since 2013 and got a cover in soundcloud 128kbps rip some weeks ago lol  

I'm only really aware of like maybe very few extreme cases where fans have been "ungrateful" but I wouldn't consider most fans to be. It's just been a very confusing, messy couple of years... songs getting teased, album release windows alluded to, songs not coming out... the album getting delayed... people getting attached to the ideas of songs that were played live and hearing studio versions...

Just industry politics, a hungry fanbase, and some really cool music slipping through the cracks (or fading into obscurity), leaks and all-round weirdness... People just really love Charli and want to hear her music. To most of us fans, it's that simple... to the label, it's complicated. TOO complicated.

On one hand it's great that Charli is on a major label... she wouldn't be touring with the biggest female pop artist in the world if she wasn't. And I can't stand Taylor Swift but it's honestly so cool that she's on this tour with her and Camila Cabello. I hope it confirms Charli's place in the industry and that she's around for a long long time... BUT on another hand, Charli would probably have a much easier time on a more "alternative" label, where they don't question or interfere with the art or basically say you either "can or can't" release something because "streams/sales/projections." But there's probably less opportunities and creative limitations that come with all of that too... It's hard to say.

I just can't stand how these major labels place all of these "terms and conditions" on the creative process. Let your artists do their thing. If you invest in recording singles or an album, see them through. Don't throw money away like it seems like they're doing... Like don't over-bind yourself into weird contracts/record deals that hamper the artist or the process. Establish new business models, implement new payment methods and ways for people to purchase music and determine their own prices... stuff like that. Probably easy for me to say not being involved with the industry, but geez... people just want to hear some music.

The labels are quite simply, making it difficult... when you know there's a lot of music being made that will never see the light of day, it makes you really question what's going on.