Fluorine

Charli XCX

glow, cold nites, heatwave, and velvet dreaming are SO GOOD. my favorite of charlis songs probably. tbh heatwave and glow should have been extended and put on true romance to replace black roses and cloud aura.

Super Ultra was incredible, such amazing production (most of the instrumentals were already released songs by their respective "producers") and such a fresh sound. True Romance definitely followed up on that "fresh sound" but was more pop centric (in a very good way) where SU was more experimental (which is the purpose of a mixtape). Cold Nites was so amazing, and after listening to that, How to Dress Well quickly became one of my favorite artists, I actually tweeted him casually a month ago saying they should work together again and he favorited it so at least one of them is open to collaboration! Sadly I don't think we'll ever get anything like SU or HB&EQ again as commercial success seems to prevent artists from doing things like that  :crying4:

stay away is still her best song

tumblr_nmrwwoMvuc1u5ee3so1_250.gif

I GOT AN ACCOUNT JUST TO DEFEND SUPER ULTRA.

IT IS THE BEST MIXTAPE I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE. IT IS ALL PERFECT.

WHY DOES EVERYONE SLANDER CLOUD AURA IT'S AMAZING.

WERE YOU NOT

S O B B I N G

WHEN LISTENING TO VELVET DREAMING FOR THE FIRST TIME? BECAUSE I WAS.

Basically I miss the old Charli XCX and Super Ultra is reminiscent of a better time.

Super Ultra is so BORING. the lyrics are dull + the production is so tiresome...the only remotely good song is Heatwave and even then I wouldn't voluntarily choose to listen to it #sorrynotsorry

+ I hate cloud aura because of Brooke Candy's "rap", it's so white that it ruins Charli's part (which is actually fairly decent, I will admit)

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

you are a sinner

glow, cold nites, heatwave, and velvet dreaming are SO GOOD. my favorite of charlis songs probably. tbh heatwave and glow should have been extended and put on true romance to replace black roses and cloud aura.

agreed. or at least one of them.

Glow, Velvet Dreaming, and Forgiveness are amazing, but nothing shouldve replaced Black Roses... How dare you compare it to Cloud Aura!

#SuperUltraDefenseSquadUntilDeath @ heartcore you need to listen to it more honestly because theres no way in hell u can like true romance and listen to *cringe* sucker (assuming you do) while hating the GODLY super ultra.

Glow, Velvet Dreaming, and Forgiveness are amazing, but nothing shouldve replaced Black Roses... How dare you compare it to Cloud Aura!

black roses is weak af honestly glow and heatwave are sooooo much better in my opinion

CRYu-l5UcAEhjM4.jpg

#SuperUltraDefenseSquadUntilDeath @ heartcore you need to listen to it more honestly because theres no way in hell u can like true romance and listen to *cringe* sucker (assuming you do) while hating the GODLY super ultra.

O noooo Sucker does not even compare to the TR stuff! even though I dislike SU, it's still miles better than Sucker. imo: H&E >>> TR > SU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sucker

im kinda starting to like Velvet Dreaming a bit more but still..ehhh

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Black Roses gets so much hate but it's definitely in my top 5... It would be such a strong song if there were another verse or something. It falls victim (no pun intended) to the same end of song treatment as How Can I where it literally just repeats itself for the last minute of the song and everybody is over it.

But I love the production, the lyrics, the melody, and just everything about it except that it needs something extra in the second half.

Super Ultra is so BORING. the lyrics are dull + the production is so tiresome...the only remotely good song is Heatwave and even then I wouldn't voluntarily choose to listen to it #sorrynotsorry

DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT

14417469274.gif

O noooo Sucker does not even compare to the TR stuff! even though I dislike SU, it's still miles better than Sucker. imo: H&E >>> TR > SU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sucker

im kinda starting to like Velvet Dreaming a bit more but still..ehhh

:creep:  keep listening boo

CRYu-l5UcAEhjM4.jpg

her mixtapes are the best thing she has released :(

h+e is genius and SU is perfect

i miss 2012 

also stay away is one of her best songs i agree

Black Roses I think has a lot of potential to be a lot more. But, the basic point is that her mixtapes will be 30 million times better than Sucker. Sucker is a disgrace. I really would hope she would make more music like in her mixtapes and True Romance, but I doubt it. #BringBacktheOldCharli

Black Roses I think has a lot of potential to be a lot more. But, the basic point is that her mixtapes will be 30 million times better than Sucker. Sucker is a disgrace. I really would hope she would make more music like in her mixtapes and True Romance, but I doubt it. #BringBacktheOldCharli

let's not

lABVyGE.png

At the end of the day, Sucker isn't the worst thing that's ever happened. There's some good songs on it. She just hyped it up WAAAAY too much and described it as something it's not (at least not anymore. I get the feeling the record underwent a lot of changes due to label pressure after she got big with Boom Clap)

if she had marketed it as a pop record, it would've been great. calling it pop-punk/punk is totally wrong (putting in a few expletives + guitar does not make a punk record, Charlotte)

OAjeWdG.jpg?1