Fluorine

Charli XCX

11 hours ago, v1town said:

To be honest, what I think that isn't clicking for some people is just that all the A. G. produced stuff were so well constructed, with an intro, verses, chorus, break and the iconic outros and these 4 singles don't have it. Maybe if the whole album was only A.G. + OPN + Ariel + Justin Raisen production, we could enjoy even more.

I don’t actually agree, I don’t find the Charli album well constructed at all but maybe it’s charlis melodies and lyricism on that record I just dislike and AG was all over that record. 

certainly AG had a big influence on N1 Angel and it’s one of her best and most diverse albums but it’s not experimental nor PC really bar lip gloss(more EDM though) and Roll with me. It’s mostly a heavy hip hop inspired pop record. 

I think most of the Critique are from stans who just want tune tbh, I remember people trashing vroom vroom as an ep when it came out. It’s all about finding the right audience but Baby definitely fits a well constructed song to me. 

I know she’s a repetition queen but I don’t love the repetition of “I can make you my” for the chorus, it’d be better if she was actually saying something and ended the chorus with “and I can make you my…baby”

giphy.gif

For me personally, Charli’s approach to the 80’s/disco/funk/whatever sound, has something that songs like Don’t Start Now, Hallucinate, Blinding Lights etc. simply lack? All of those songs have a level of polish and cleanliness, that simply makes them less interesting to me :creep: dare I say more GP friendly

maybe it’s her voice, but I’d honestly say that there are way more Charli-isms and quirks in all of the 4 tracks, than some realize tbh

or I’m just biased lol

44 minutes ago, Estheim said:

For me personally, Charli’s approach to the 80’s/disco/funk/whatever sound, has something that songs like Don’t Start Now, Hallucinate, Blinding Lights etc. simply lack? All of those songs have a level of polish and cleanliness, that simply makes them less interesting to me :creep: dare I say more GP friendly

maybe it’s her voice, but I’d honestly say that there are way more Charli-isms and quirks in all of the 4 tracks, than some realize tbh

or I’m just biased lol

yeah bc NF is boring 

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

I don’t actually agree, I don’t find the Charli album well constructed at all but maybe it’s charlis melodies and lyricism on that record I just dislike and AG was all over that record. 

certainly AG had a big influence on N1 Angel and it’s one of her best and most diverse albums but it’s not experimental nor PC really bar lip gloss(more EDM though) and Roll with me. It’s mostly a heavy hip hop inspired pop record. 

I think most of the Critique are from stans who just want tune tbh, I remember people trashing vroom vroom as an ep when it came out. It’s all about finding the right audience but Baby definitely fits a well constructed song to me. 

IMO Charli is her worst project and some of the songs are just bad (Official is so boring im sorry) but Pop 2, N1A, VV, and all the demos we heard (XCX World) are examples of good PC/pop hybrid and I think that's the standard (or should be) for Charli (the singer not the album)

10 hours ago, the ocean said:

i think you misunderstood the point i was trying to make

a. people need to stop being afraid of the term "hyperpop" - the so-called "experimental" music she's made SO FAR has fit within the genre of hyperpop - this doesn't mean it's bad this doesn't mean i don't like it but it's what the genre of music is and trying to deny that is just wrong

b. i'm not one of the twitter gays that have been shitting on crash - i actually think this is some of the best music she's made in awhile so yes i agree with you 100% there

c. i absolutely don't mind her collaborations with ag but i'm a bit confused on what you mean when you say "that kind of approach" - if you're talking about the pc music / hyperpop sound then it's profitable because she's pandering to what people want but i wouldn't even call it experimental anymore - it's good that she enjoys it and i'll take any music she's gonna make but it's become boring and predictable at this point and it contradicts with what charli said in the rolling stone article on how she wanted to make people feel a bit uncomfortable with her music - she can absolutely make music with ag that doesn't fit the hyperpop sound and i hope she continues to experiment in DIFFERENT ways in the future

Big tea! When Charli was working on vroom vroom/XCX world she was constantly saying she’s making the “most pop music ever” it was all the other outside people who called her “hyperpop” and it got old real quick! Not because of her but because of every SoundCloud gay wanting to be her. I get it, she’s a template for the DIY/indie tumblr artist gone major BUT there’s a difference between getting inspired over just jacking a style. Let’s be honest, so many people have taken her aesthetic and ran with it and what was once so “ahead of it’s time” has become stale. Sorry not sorry. It’s just crazy how some people tweet like they are the only listeners of her music in the world. Not everyone is going to like everything but that doesn’t give people the right to attack her and tell her who she needs to be and what she needs to make.  Honey this is CHARLIS music not YOURS. There’s plenty of “hyperpop”out there and no one is telling others to stop making “hyperpop” but let Charli live and create what she wants!!!!!

omg at first i thought it might just be a lipliner but i checked on her recent paparazzi photos and i think Charli fully yassified herself with new lips this era!!! i love them ngl 

charli-xcx-lips.png

22 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

13 days til crash :air:

this will be visually/sonically my fave charli album: the cover, the message, the arts work, videos, vibe etc is all so so good

the message:

FMynF1sWQAgoDQX.jpg