• Pete Ibsen
    • Alexis Smith
    • Tim Larcombe
    • Steven Mertens
    • Jack Antonoff
    • The Rural
    • The Flight
    • The Nexus

I love Braide & Haynie purely for producing 2 of my top 3 BtD tracks and giving them life :defeated: 

but overall Haynie, Dan, and Nowels all have gorgeous songs under their belt while working with Lana

and i already know Dan is loved purely bc of UV :creep: 

still gonna go with Nowels fuck just READING their lists of songs makes me so still and confused

fuck i love them so much

went with Haynie purely for his own embellishment: that alien-esque wavy metallic sound is so pretty and iconic, i could listen to a track of purely track for 6 minutes and be happy

It's between Rick and Dan Heath for me. Rick has done ALL my favourite songs, but Dan Heath has done my favourite instrumental parts of songs :') (G&M strings and horns, Ride strings, Y&B DH orchestral version... All these have taken me away)

Tim Larcombe has produced some serious bops, all my faves like OTTR, Gods and Monsters, Go Go Dancer.

Dan Auerbach captures the fun side of Lana's soul, I think.

Emile Haynie brings the elegance and purity of Lana's music.

Rick Nowels has produced some of my fave unreleased tracks like JFK, Fine China, Hollywood etc.

Ugh this is so hard. :defeated:

I'll have to go with Emile Haynie

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I chose Dan specifically b/c Ultraviolence is my favorite. It wouldn't be what it is if they had not come together. That said I believe Rick is probably better when generally applied. Him and Lana have made so many amazing songs together. They have this vibe/connection that is very noticeable. Plus the songs span many different sounds and genres that they have worked on. I also really like Dan Heath's stuff too but I'm thinking more in terms of big picture. The Rural sessions were pretty cool too! As far as who's overrated I'd easily say Emile and Auerbach, and I voted for the latter lol. I don't feel like Rick gets the respect he deserves honestly. Notable mention goes out to Greg Kurstin though cause MPG has always been one of my songs!

David Kahne albums wise. AKA is just magical and I think they really had such a strong connection beyond her other collaborators (except maybe Old Man Nowels)

But as for unreleased ... all songs done by The Flight are excellent or Crispin Hunt purely because of Resistance.

Rick is for sure her best co-writer, not her best producer, tho he brought a lot of interesting sounds. I love Kahne but sometimes parts of AKA sound kind of cheap and out of place ? Whereas Mertens is a lot classier but seemed unable to come up with finished songs and ideas. So it's kind of a tie for me on that. Dan's work with her is superb & lavish, and idk what went on between them but it's really a shame they're not working together anymore.