sweetie

Promo Single: "Terrence Loves You"

This artwork is so beautiful, wish it was the album cover  :aw:

The song has grown on me, I think I was underwhelmed initially because it wasn't jazz as described but after a few listens I think the song gets more beautiful as it goes on, very sad song. :whatever:

The guitars in the beginning are a nice start imo but when her angelic voice apeared I was like :oprah: she sounds SO hauntingly beautiful in this song !! Seriously, when she sang I lost myself when I lost you I had goosebumps all over my body and I remembered why I once fell in love with Lana. :crying5: The bridge was also absolutely pretty.

However, I strongly dislike the vocal layer parts in the chorus, it just sounds odd and random. And it is such a huge waste that they didn't make some instruments last longer than 2 seconds.

TLY is really beautiful but I'm not quite sure if it won't lose its magic sooner or later for me...

I just wish she'd do her background vocals less messily

Sounds boring, just like Honeymoon. They're both good but I just don't really care to listen to them again. High By The Beach is good, but still, none of the songs released from "Honeymoon" are anywhere as near good to me as Born To Die, Off to the Races, Blue Jeans, Video Games, National Anthem, Summertime Sadness, Ride, West Coast, etc.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Sounds boring, just like Honeymoon. They're both good but I just don't really care to listen to them again. High By The Beach is good, but still, none of the songs released from "Honeymoon" are anywhere as near good to me as Born To Die, Off to the Races, Blue Jeans, Video Games, National Anthem, Summertime Sadness, Ride, West Coast, etc.

I wholeheartedly agree with this entire post.

This song is beautiful and I won't hear of any of you twinks and shitty tumblr collage makers trashing it

YES. thank you.

i don't see how anyone can find it boring or outright hate it. it's heartbreaking and gorgeous. it was cloudy here today and i was walking around downtown with this song on repeat and it was just LUSH. so ready for the album. lana is about to slay my LIFE.

I'm wondering - and not to be snarky or mean, but genuinely wondering - if people who think this is boring or dull have ever really suffered a loss. Not just a breakup, but a true, tear-you-apart, knock-you-down, no light at the end of the tunnel kind of loss.  Because I feel like anyone who has really experienced THAT kind of loss, or depression, will GET this song. It moves me so deeply, I can hardly bear it's beauty. Not boring at all. Slow does not equal boring, and I think that's something we tend to forget. 

i just hope the reat of the albums dont have such a messy structure like HM and TLY have

so far this album sounds like a tracklist for a Quentin Tarantino movie

Care to elaborate? Both songs follow the 'basic' song structure

intro

verse 1

chorus

verse 2

chorus

bridge

chorus

outro

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Care to elaborate? Both songs follow the 'basic' song structure

intro

verse 1

chorus

verse 2

chorus

bridge

chorus

outro

they start with a melody where lanas vocals are very long and dreadful on verse 1 and verse 2 that goes for about 2 lines (strings play), then the next 2-4 lines (could be pre choruses but both have different lyrics) build up and the melody changes (guitars or other musical instruments come in and her vocals begin to stop being as dreadful and more alive and energetic) , then the choruses comes and theyr beautiful but both are very alike (very minimalist and cinematic, also very awkward and disjointed since an instrument will start like the guitar and itll play for 2 seconds then leave then come back and then leave) (both choruses woud be mainly cinematic strings, a couple of chords from a guitar and the same for the piano) and the bridges for both are the most alike, you could switch them and they would fit the other song, heavy drums and very dramatic (in both her voice is very drowned out and edited), and then the last chorus and the outros (both fade at the end mysteriously), hope i elaborated enough :kiss: