Subversive

Music to Watch Boys To: Official Music Video

Someone make an edit of the underwater footage we've gotten and make a UV vid pls

the video was SO GOOD, one of her best since the UV era, wish it was in colour though  :facepalm:

i can't wait for the models to have a meltdown on instagram though  :defeated: they hyped it up and teased so much and only their silhouettes and one of their necks ended up being in it

RVhKIwP.gif

Hm ... am I the only one who doesn't think it's that great?

The underwater scenes are nice but their use seems random and they don't really fit the rest of the video. It's obvious they were shot for something else. Unerwater Lana looks great but .. yeah. I'd LOVE to see the original UV video even more now.

Then we have the boys. I'd actually expected her to WATCH them but that doesn't really happen, so these scenes are kind of pointless as they only appear a few times.

Then the scene in the garden. That could have been great if you'd actually see her watching something but she's just randomly lying there and singing. No atmosphere evoked by these shots, the only nice part is the one where she stretches her arms and sings along during the second chorus and the two scenes during the last chorus where she takes a zip of her cocktail and puts on her headphones. And I don't get why these scenes are in b/w. After the logo in the intro of the song, it would have made sense to see this shot in color, or at least from the point on where she puts on her headphones.

And those scenes with her "glittering" and sometimes singing along are unneccecary aswell, not looking too great or special and she's not even constantly along.

The video is too random for my taste. Black/white LQ scenes, mixed with LQ color scenes and HQ color scenes. Firls making out underwater, boys playing basketball at the beach, Lana listening to music. She's not really lipsincing nor is she really acting or posing in an interesting way apart from a few exceptions. The scenes where she smiles feel especially unfitting for the vibe of the song which is more like bored/bitter/cool.

The shots of this video would have had potential, but the way it was cut so anticlimatic and edited and generally directed destroy it. It's a nice video, but I would not miss it if it wasn't there. Definitly inferior to the hillarious HBTB video everyone whined about.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

what songs do you think will/should have videos for this era? do you think this will be it? we got 3 videos for Uv (apparently tho she did record one for PWYC)

I think Freak or Salvatore will be next to get one

Then the scene in the garden. That could have been great if you'd actually see her watching something but she's just randomly lying there and singing. No atmosphere evoked by these shots, 

I just disagree with you on this one. Maybe some scenes are bit random and there isn't really much a story going on, but it captures really well the whole "noir" vibe she wanted in the first place with the song but now on video. 

Hm ... am I the only one who doesn't think it's that great?

The underwater scenes are nice but their use seems random and they don't really fit the rest of the video. It's obvious they were shot for something else. Unerwater Lana looks great but .. yeah. I'd LOVE to see the original UV video even more now.

Then we have the boys. I'd actually expected her to WATCH them but that doesn't really happen, so these scenes are kind of pointless as they only appear a few times.

Then the scene in the garden. That could have been great if you'd actually see her watching something but she's just randomly lying there and singing. No atmosphere evoked by these shots, the only nice part is the one where she stretches her arms and sings along during the second chorus and the two scenes during the last chorus where she takes a zip of her cocktail and puts on her headphones. And I don't get why these scenes are in b/w. After the logo in the intro of the song, it would have made sense to see this shot in color, or at least from the point on where she puts on her headphones.

And those scenes with her "glittering" and sometimes singing along are unneccecary aswell, not looking too great or special and she's not even constantly along.

The video is too random for my taste. Black/white LQ scenes, mixed with LQ color scenes and HQ color scenes. Firls making out underwater, boys playing basketball at the beach, Lana listening to music. She's not really lipsincing nor is she really acting or posing in an interesting way apart from a few exceptions. The scenes where she smiles feel especially unfitting for the vibe of the song which is more like bored/bitter/cool.

The shots of this video would have had potential, but the way it was cut so anticlimatic and edited and generally directed destroy it. It's a nice video, but I would not miss it if it wasn't there. Definitly inferior to the hillarious HBTB video everyone whined about.

kinda agree with you.

the three parts - underwater girls, boys playing sports and Lana listening to music - don't have a great connection among them..

the shots are beautiful. but seem a little bit random.

though i really like the "reverse male gaze" concept.

(and the intro with the neon light of MTWBT is somehow awkward... LOL)

and i definitely want to watch the whole video in colour instead of B&W tbh

giphy.gif