Subversive

Music to Watch Boys To: Official Music Video

I just disagree with you on this one. Maybe some scenes are bit random and there isn't really much a story going on, but it captures really well the whole "noir" vibe she wanted in the first place with the song but now on video. 

Yeah but fo example just the fact she's always smiling is .. unfitting. Not that I don't like her smiling but ..yeah, it's unfitting for the atmosphere of thesong. And yeah, if the scenes would have been cut in another way, they maybe would have went along better with the song. But the way it is, it's not really very atmospheric in my opinion.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I like it when she smiles...it's a sweet smile but combined with the atmosphere of the song, it implies something more sinister.

SINISTER! Exactly! Lana is manipulative and powerful and keeping a tab on all these boys. Controlling them with secrets for eternity. This isn't a dark song for Lana herself because she knows exactly what she's doing and it's thrilling for her. The tone is darker for the subjects of her heartbreaking. (or at least that's how I see it)

SINISTER! Exactly! Lana is manipulative and powerful and keeping a tab on all these boys. Controlling them with secrets for eternity. This isn't a dark song for Lana herself because she knows exactly what she's doing and it's thrilling for her. The tone is darker for the subjects of her heartbreaking. (or at least that's how I see it)

I think that's a problem. The idea of "sinister smiling" is great, but the way she smiles is not .. sinister, sexy or mysterious.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

6FOdI3j.png

CY2HYTl.png

AKA vibes. Love how young she looks. 

Tbh I don't see anything sinister in these smiles, sorry @ and @

From my knowledge of Lizzy Grant she can maintain a cute smile like that while saying "Is it wrong that I think it's kind of fun when I hit you in the back of the head with a gun?" so I still think her intentions could be dark, haha

spent the whole video waiting for a transition to gorgeous colour... it would have been infinitely better if it was in colour and the flamingo scene was shorter. I get why blue jeans would be better in black and white cos it was literally lana in a white swimsuit in a pool but in the particular video we've seen how fucking gorgeous the colours were and the setting and her outfit. the boy scenes are good as black and white tho

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

I think that's a problem. The idea of "sinister smiling" is great, but the way she smiles is not .. sinister, sexy or mysterious.

I think it's her having fun, which I really like to see. It reminds me of her Lizzy Grant days where she was always smiling throughout her vids.

I think most of the video was black and white so that the colorful blue water scenes made more of an impact.

Like, every time those come on the screen lights up and that contrast is interesting.

Plus blue is a running theme thorough the album, so that fits too

Gorgeous video, I like how there was 3 parts to it (the boys, the girls, lana). She also looks the youngest she's ever been since AKA. Love the title part as well.

I'm disappointed it was in b/w though. The colours from the shoot were so vibrant, it's a shame she got rid of them all. Oh well.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1