Subversive

Music to Watch Boys To: Official Music Video

The only upside to insomnia is when Lana releases something in the middle of the night.

The guitar, the hairbrush, the goofy 'kind of pretending to play an imaginary guitar', the smiles, the spinning gramophones...

She's such a weirdo. I love it.

This video slayed me, she looked sooooo beautiful. I'm not sure I was a fan of the underwater footage being played behind her while she was sitting though. Now I need a video for Salvatore

tumblr_inline_niykm3FFhC1rujz3w.gif what do you need to get high for? when your baby's so to die for?

Y'all thirsty motherfuckers have no chill.

Please don't use this kind of language, thanks.

Anyway, the video is gorgeous. I'm not gonna complain about the B&W cause it's probably how she envisioned it but it was a little disappointing considering the lovely colour palette she showed us. Love the fact the models were so proud and shit and you can't even see their faces :toofunny:

I WANT one of those spinning gramophones for my backyard too :oprah:

Sooo much better than Crappy By The Beach thank God

ZmJh1LG.jpg

This video is so perfect. It's better than I was expecting tbh. Like some of you have said, I wish it was in color for more scenes but the black and white suits the song really well tbh.

I would've loved it if it was black and white for the beginning but then she puts on the headphones and everything is in color.

Also that flamingo footage is so out of place and random (even though it goes with the lyric) :rip:

Y'all thirsty motherfuckers have no chill.

Please don't use this kind of language, thanks.

Anyway, the video is gorgeous.

Tell it to Lana, thanks.  :icant2:

What is this, the BBC?

Anyway, thou desperate forum members who have figuratively consummated their Oedipus complexes possess nary an iota of coolheadedness.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Tell it to Lana, thanks.  :icant2:

What is this, the BBC?

Anyway, thou desperate forum members who have figuratively consummated their Oedipus complexes possess nary an iota of coolheadedness.

No but you always seem to call out users for using foul language and I think as a mod, you should set the example you know? :P

Imma let you finish but "Crappy By The Beach" is one of the best videos of all time :lel:

your taste is v questionable then :awk:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I mean that could have been the director/editors decision. She said it was a video narrative

I'm in love with the video, and I'm not saying that it's her fault with headphones thing, its just a detail that bothers me... The rest is pretty good to me...

I get what you're saying

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I think the colors for the garden set would be awsome in video, but I guess that's how Lana had it in her mind. I like that she's having this visual concept for HM, after the three few videos for UV. I really liked the video. Who may not have liked is the male models who were hyping so much and ended up only with their sillouettes in the video  :toofunny:

The underwater scenes aren't totally random to me. They're the "hoes with lies akin" to Lana.  :troll:

To me the song is about zoning out with some weed and good music while you check out hot dudes. It's all about that dreamy stoner atmosphere. In the song there's mention of both boys and girls, so I guess it fits. Maybe she's trying to show the opposite ends of boys and girls--the boys playing basketball, the girls looking like dreamy nymphs underwater. Maybe being a mysterious feminine being is what she means by "I know what only the girls know." I don't know, I'm reaching to make connections here. 

What I don't get AT ALL is that pink flamingos line. Even before the video, I didn't get the place of that in the song and I don't get what it has to do with anything, so seeing the birds in the video just emphasizes the confusion for me.

149o3h3.jpg

No but you always seem to call out users for using foul language and I think as a mod, you should set the example you know? :P

The language I call out may often happen to be foul, but it is generally not its foulness I'm calling out, rather something else I think could be particularly objectionable about it.

Shit, if never using foul language was a criterion for being a mod, I don't think any of us would qualify.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.