annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

332 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

happy bday Honeymoon :party:

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

Happy Birthday to my favorite album of all time :oprah::heart:

Can't believe it is almost a decade old :trisha: Timeless masterpiece :true:

j9Fpjea9OY.webp

"Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon."

• HAPPY 9TH ANNIVERSARY, DEAREST HONEYMOON! •

I don't know how to begin this. You cannot believe how much does this album mean to me! This is the number one album for my soul, brain and heart. It makes me feel so many things, so many emotions. All the melodies, instruments and lyrics combined. I rediscovered Lana in Honeymoon era, in September 2016, I remember going to her website and it had this Honeymoon layout which was so beautiful and I loved it. Although it took my one and a half years to listen to the album full back to back (because for some reason I couldn't play non-singles on YouTube). And it was one of the most magical experiences of my life. I after listening to it, I knew that not only it is my favorite LDR album, that it is my favorite album of all times. I'm currently listening to it, The Blackest Day is playing, one of the most amazing songs in the world. A perfectly written break-up song.

Honeymoon is so brilliant and amazing, FOR ME, it is Lana Del Rey's best album and perhaps the world's best album ever released, the best album I have ever heard. Perfectly timeless, suits for the past, the present and the future! The most beautiful album the world has ever witnessed. A totally perfect timeless masterpiece! Aesthetic was perfectly captured as well, reminiscent of the beautiful Southern European (especially Italian - the city of Portofino) rivieras! Every melody of each track is just simply breathtaking. Just so powerful. Such an cinematic, film noir experience. An art in fashion. It's music to cry to, a music to dance to, music to smile to, music to sleep to, music to make art to, music to watch boys to (pun intended!) and most importantly, for me it's music to dream to, because it's such so dreamy, I love everything that's dreamy and hazy, her dreamiest work of art! All those beautiful and amazing lyrics, production, vocals, instrumentals and melodies!

The strings in the first track Honeymoon takes you to another dimension. The sound of Music To Watch Boys To makes you fly. Terrence Loves You is the most incredible song my ears have heard. God Knows I Tried is painfully gorgeous and makes always emotional. High By The Beach is a breezy fresh summer bop for ages. Freak is so sultry and sensual, yet so hypnotizing. Art Deco is the most brilliant blend of jazz music, classical music and trap and is a total eargasm, muddy trap beat perfection. Burnt Norton puts you in a trance, it elevates your brain. Religion is one the greatest sensual bittersweet love songs ever. Salvatore is one of the most magical songs ever composed. The Blackest Day is the greatest break-up song ever written, every word crushes your heart and it's one of the greatest music peace ever composed, it's so magical, every string, every guitar, every drum beat you hear, it just makes you feel alive. 24 is the greatest James Bond track that got away. Swan Song is one of the most magical songs ever written, so airy, so heavenly, so spacey, so bittersweet, so heart-breaking but yet so hopeful, the definition of beautiful. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood is so heart-breaking, one of her best covers.

This is an important album for me. I'm on cloud nine every time I listen to this album. I LOVE THIS ALBUM SO MUCH, THIS ALBUM IS AN EXPERIENCE FOR AN AGES! This album is a definition of high renaissance art displayed in an art museum. Sorry for writing such a long essay about this album but I really shouldn't apologize because you really should know, why this album is so powerful like it is. Applauding Lana Del Rey, Rick Nowels and Kieron Menzies for creating this album, they should be very proud for this achievement! It's a once in a lifetime album, for me it's an unique child in her discography, like she herself thought in a Vogue interview last month in August! I also love those gorgeous visuals for this album, the album's photoshoot by Chuck Grant and Neil Krug is to die for, such dreamy visuals and the glossy dreamy hazy noirish music videos for High By The Beach, Music To Watch Boys To, Freak and Honeymoon are so beautiful and amazing to watch to as well! The pre-release and post-release eras were perfect too, the little beautiful Festival Tour was amazing!

Happy Ninth Birthday, Honeymoon. You're so beautiful to me. My favorite gorgeous piece of art. The most stunning album in the world! An absolutely amazing masterpiece for ages! A one brilliant sounding and perfect skipless album! Now, Art Deco is playing in shuffle, this song is just so, so so ashtonishing in production. That's my kind of music which is also rare because I do not know any similar songs in that style! :flutter:

2.gif