annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I don't usually celebrate album birthdays, like all other things, because I consider birthdays to be for people, in order to remind them that life is a precious gift and that we must celebrate every moment of it.

That said, that doesn't stop me from telling all the good things I think about this album.

I didn't really liked it at first listen, but it has since grown so much on me.

No smashing hits here, it's more bluesy and jazzy. It's a slow album which tells a journey through Lana's tormented emotional life, the story of a young woman who tried everything to keep her love alive but finished on her own again.

The first track sets the pace. It's bittersweet.  

My favorite songs are Honeymoon, Terrence Loves You, High by the beach, Freak, Salvatore (this one is special for me I don't know why) and The Blackest Day.

After all these beautiful songs, the closing track "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" is the perfect cover to conclude this wonderful album.

Lana's masterpiece.

This album means so much to me. 

I remember its first snippet, the HM title track, on Insta, when I was on a trip in California. In the daytime, I was listening to UV non-stop and in the nighttime, back at the hotel, I would play the snippet on repeat :flutter: Still one of her most hypnotic, mysterious and Lynchian tracks to date.

My first listen was through the UO listening party leak. You know an album is fucking good and some tracks are insanely great when even a LQ snippet with people chatting over them doesn’t bother you that much (still remember the end of God Knows I Tried and the chorus of The Blackest Day, I was like :wowcry:)

a couple of months after HM was out, my mom passed away and this album was pretty much all that I could listen to that would bring me solace. Swan Song has a total new meaning to me, same with the bridge of Terrence Loves You. Fun fact: it’s the only Lana album I bought my mom, before she passed away, because she loved how calm and melodic the songs were. 

Still one of her best. I’m glad it’s slowly getting more attention now in the fan base. 

Honeymoon is definitely her dreamiest album, pretty much every song belongs on a movie soundtrack. The production always blows me away and I hope she wants to do something so cinematic and dramatic like this again in the future. I love how the music video for Music To Watch Boys To really captures the essence of this album.

My most played songs from Honeymoon in recent years are Art Deco and Freak, but back in 2016&17 it was Salvatore and Music To Watch Boys To that were my most played Honeymoon songs. In fact, songs from Honeymoon (especially Music To Watch Boys To) were consistently in my Spotify top played from 2016-2019, and then last year it made a comeback in my Spotify Wrapped with God Knows I Tried. No idea what that says about that year for me because it honestly wasn't that bad :peace:

I initially thought Honeymoon was sort of an acquired taste for me but looking back now at how much I've actually listened to it, I realize how much of a timeless classic it really is!

I used to skip '24' for years and it finally clicked some time ago. Like GOD DAMNN her vocals.....the production :worship: . 

Btw for me it feels like UV and HM are sisters somehow yet very different. I love the concept of 'honeymoon' after she was a 'bride' in the UV music video :flutter: 

34 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Love that the Blackest Day won this poll. It's objectively the best cut off the record.

Still wish it was on UV though, woulda fit much better.

We need to collectively stop saying "objectively" cuz it's being used and abused

I love how this video gets recommended on YouTube all the time (at least for me) :cryney2:

And the way how people in the comments understand the power and beauty of this song and video too :cryney2:

url%5D

4 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

Petition for them to release the God Knows I Tried acapella performance

:uh:

Unpopular opinion but God Knows I Tried is one of my favourite songs from the entire album. I would DIE to hear this whole recording :pray2:

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

7 hours ago, jealous girl said:

Honeymoon is definitely her dreamiest album, pretty much every song belongs on a movie soundtrack. The production always blows me away and I hope she wants to do something so cinematic and dramatic like this again in the future. I love how the music video for Music To Watch Boys To really captures the essence of this album.

My most played songs from Honeymoon in recent years are Art Deco and Freak, but back in 2016&17 it was Salvatore and Music To Watch Boys To that were my most played Honeymoon songs. In fact, songs from Honeymoon (especially Music To Watch Boys To) were consistently in my Spotify top played from 2016-2019, and then last year it made a comeback in my Spotify Wrapped with God Knows I Tried. No idea what that says about that year for me because it honestly wasn't that bad :peace:

I initially thought Honeymoon was sort of an acquired taste for me but looking back now at how much I've actually listened to it, I realize how much of a timeless classic it really is!

I would argue that Ocean Boulevard is the closest to capturing that cinematic feel of Honeymoon.

Proof points:

- the lush, cinematic, orchestral production on the title track.

- the cinematic orchestral production on the Grants

- the Broadway-like melody of Sweet

- two interludes that do little more than conjure an image in your head. 

- the movie reference in the Paris, Texas title

- the Noir black and white CN video with a big budget

- the trap cinematic production on Taco Truck with a movie reference (Carlito's Way), - the High by the Beach of Ocean Boulevard

- a storytelling approach to multiple songs like AW, Paris, Texas, Let the Light in, Peppers, conjuring images in our heads

I don't think we've been fed these cinematic vibes (to that extent at least) between Honeymoon and OB.

2 minutes ago, barttttender said:

I would argue that Ocean Boulevard is the closest to capturing that cinematic feel of Honeymoon.

Proof points:

- the lush, cinematic, orchestral production on the title track.

- the cinematic orchestral production on the Grants

- the Broadway-like melody of Sweet

- two interludes that do little more than conjure an image in your head. 

- the movie reference in the Paris, Texas title

- the Noir black and white CN video with a big budget

- the trap cinematic production on Taco Truck with a movie reference (Carlito's Way), - the High by the Beach of Ocean Boulevard

- a storytelling approach to multiple songs like AW, Paris, Texas, Let the Light in, Peppers, conjuring images in our heads

I don't think we've been fed these cinematic vibes (to that extent at least) between Honeymoon and OB.

Absolutely agreed :agree: There's a reason both of these albums are in my top three list — just so cinematic in different ways ... Honeymoon is world-building, full of colour, it feels like early mornings and late sunsets in sunny places; Ocean is introspective, black and white, noir, it feels like the light from a lighthouse flashing over a dark stormy sea, like twinkling lights of a big city at night, like looking out over the mountains illuminated by just the moon (or least to me) 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

Loved to see Honeymoon in my top 3 most listened albums this year:flutter: After all these years I truly think it is set in stone that Honeymoon will  always be my fave album ever created, it's hard to top it:xcry:Honeymoon you will always be a fantastic timeless masterpiece

trisha-honeymoon-honeymoon-trisha-paytas

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

When I opened my Spotify Wrapped for the very first time, it started playing The Blackest Day :trisha: and when it announced that Lana is my most listened artist, it played Art Deco in the background, it played Art Deco twice! I listened Honeymoon many times this year. In fact Art Deco was my 8th most played song this year! 🛐

url%5D

1 minute ago, Crimson and Clover said:

Do y’all remember the reaction video to this album with the girl that basically hated HM?? But she was dancing with the vinyl?? I can’t find a trace of it but I remember it was everywhere on this site pleaseee give me a link 

i'm guessing this gif is from it? 7CSF5BH.gif

i find it so crazy how people hated honeymoon when it first came out :heidi: now it's considered one of her best, at least it is here, i'm glad we've come around because it's a fantastic album and honestly lana at her best :true: 

WGe8ynS.gif