annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

54 minutes ago, x VB said:

This is old. The description says

Lana Del Rey is back! Del Rey has been no stranger for a long time. She sold more than 6 million albums worldwide and in Belgium she achieved no less than 3x Platinum with her debut album “Born To Die”. Everyone is ready for the follow-up “Honeymoon”, recorded between New York and Los Angeles. The cover and the music exude Hollywood retro. The style in which we prefer to see classy lady Lana. Single “High By The Beach” - more than 11 million YouTube views in 1 week.

And it's too cheap to be recent

The release date is literally tomorrow. They’ve just used the same description from before. 

47 minutes ago, J03 said:

The release date is literally tomorrow. They’ve just used the same description from before. 

Yes, that's why it can't be it. A repress would come with a pre-order like Ultra and Lust for Life did.

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

On 9/9/2023 at 11:14 AM, Embach said:

Terrence Loves You is my all time most listened song on Spotify! :flutter:

I can't imagine a day without listening to this album, really. You gotta listen atleast one song from this album every day. And I can't believe that it's 8 years old soon. Today's it the album trailer's/sampler's birthday! :wub:

Also, you might know these facts but did you know that the start of Swan Song sampled High By The Beach intro's and outro's "high-high-high" and The Blackest Day's chorus sampled Art Deco's bubble-synthy intro :wub:  I also adore the transitions from High By The Beach to Freak to Art Deco and Burnt Norton to Religion :flutter: What a phenomenal album, I fucking adore it, I never get tired from saying that, it's my all-time favorite album! :illumilana2:

YESS. It's just so dreamy, I feel like I'm under a spell while listening

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

Any movement on her stores yet, @hotshot2am?

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

5 hours ago, x VB said:

Yes, that's why it can't be it. A repress would come with a pre-order like Ultra and Lust for Life did.

Erm… idk how else to put it but all the albums released this year on that site just has the month and date not the year, all the older ones have the year… this does not. I’ve been checking and this wasn’t listed on this site a few days back. 

I mean I think there’s a reason to be hopeful, but that Dutch site isn’t it. So far, both represses we got were a lot more valuable to fans than the lime green NFR; so maybe her team changed their mind to only doing the rarest/most coveted pressings—a category which the red Honeymoon vinyl would fall squarely in. 

HAPPY FUCKING 8TH BIRTHDAY TO THAT GODLY ALBUM THAT'S HONEYMOON :legend:

BEAUTIFUL MELODIES, AMAZING INSTRUMENTALS, BRILLIANT VOCALS, PERFECT AESTHETICS AND MAGNIFICENT LYRICS = PHENOMENAL TIMELESS INCREDIBLE ALBUM :flutter: Time flies, my favorite album of all times :wub:

4766882-orig.gif

url%5D

8 years ago i was in high school, and Lana Del Rey owes me financial compensation (or a red vinyl re-press) for making me want to start smoking pot at age 15. :smokes4:

Personal but 2015 was a very formative year for me. 

I turned 18 years old in January. In March I traveled and got on a plane for the the very time.  In May I moved out on my own away from my family for the first time. In June I saw Lana live.
Honeymoon was released in September & then in October my grandmother who id lived with from 11 years old up until that year, passed away unexpectedly due to a car accident. 

this album along with ultraviolence is so incredibly special to me. The whole year is one of the biggest blurry nightmares of my entire life while simultaneously being one of the most fun and interesting. It’s a strange feeling. The music captures what I felt at that age so perfectly but has also aged with me like fine wine. I understand her now more than ever, we are in sync more than ever. I am so deeply thankful that these two albums exist and I will never stop shoving them down people’s throats and explaining why they are definitely going down as two very important parts of music history. 

Honeymoon, you are criminally underrated and forgotten. But I love you & I think about you everyday (and listen) and I’m so thankful you exist. Happy birthday 💙

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

No repress today unfortunately :um2: Whatever happened with the NFR repress also caused this one to get delayed or canceled.

Last month Universal Music told some of their customers that a repress is coming so plans for this definitely existed.

Suicide back on :awkney2:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・