annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

18 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

I’m so glad Honeymoon has gotten its flowers recently. It took time, but people came to appreciate it. Hoping Chemtrails can have the same destiny some day

And Blue Banisters, please <3

i love this album sm :$ every time i come back to it, i find something new which makes me appreciate the album even more. the atmosphere it creates is amazing and it still hasn't gotten old after all these years since its release

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Honeymoon (2015)

1. Art Deco - 10/10
2. The Blackest Day - 10/10
3. Swan Song - 10/10
4. Salvatore - 9.5/10
5. Terrence Loves You - 9/10

6. Religion - 8.5/10

7. Freak - 8.5/10
8. High By The Beach - 8.5/10
9. 24 - 8/10

10. Honeymoon - 8/10
11. God Knows I Tried - 7.5/10
12. Music To Watch Boys To - 7.5/10
13. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - 7/10

14. Burnt Norton (Interlude) - 6/10

Overall: 8.5/10 - 4th Favorite Album

favorite moments: art deco saxophone solo, blackest day bridge, terrence loves you bridge, salvatore intro, honeymoon drums

favorite cover: urban outfitters exclusive

Mi02NjYyLmpwZWc.jpeg

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

18 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

Honeymoon (2015)

1. Art Deco - 10/10
2. The Blackest Day - 10/10
3. Swan Song - 10/10
4. Salvatore - 9.5/10
5. Terrence Loves You - 9/10

6. Religion - 8.5/10

7. Freak - 8.5/10
8. High By The Beach - 8.5/10
9. 24 - 8/10

10. Honeymoon - 8/10
11. God Knows I Tried - 7.5/10
12. Music To Watch Boys To - 7.5/10
13. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - 7/10

14. Burnt Norton (Interlude) - 6/10

Overall: 8.5/10 - 4th Favorite Album

favorite moments: art deco saxophone solo, blackest day bridge, terrence loves you bridge, salvatore intro, honeymoon drums

favorite cover: urban outfitters exclusive

Mi02NjYyLmpwZWc.jpeg

Holy shit the top 5, I wanna hug your for this, that's so fucking immaculate! :spin:

url%5D

4 hours ago, longtimeman said:

Apparently 'The Blackest Day' is going viral in Mexico?

https://twitter.com/chartlana/status/1693057820915020103

The Blackest Day - the bridge part has been a little bit viral since 2021 because it has been used in several videos but checking TBD's youtube video comments there are a lot fresh comments from today and also written in Spanish so you might be right

url%5D

Last night I was playing Art Deco and The Blackest Day loud as fuck and I just cried and screamed lyrics while listening to them. The power they hold is just immaculate, mind-blowing :crying:

url%5D

omg not Terrence Loves You turning 8 years old yesterday... :trisha: it was a Friday morning when I woke up for 7th grade and saw the YouTube notification that she had released a song so I listened to it as I got ready and thought to myself "DAMN this is some slow shit" :air2: I also remember going to chorus class later that day and telling the two 8th grade girls I sat next to about it and them being like "o I don't really listen to her but ill check it out" then never mentioning it again lmao ugh god take me back lowkey Honeymoon era was soo good still my fav album TO. THIS. DAY.

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

I love listening to this album in full, but also in order of how we heard things during the era, which was Honeymoon, High By The Beach, Terrence Loves You, MTWBT, then the rest of the album in order. The experience was so strange. I had no idea what to expect. This was when nothing in Lana's discography was "oh that sounds familiar" yet, and everything was shiny brand new.

On 8/20/2023 at 10:49 AM, Venice Peach said:

Apparently people are using TBD's bridge to manifest things and posting it on tiktok :hide: love it

So this song might be witchy:wat: :oprah::illumilana:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I'm crazy for Honeymoon album you people don't understand that how fucking much I fucking adore this masterpieceeeeeee :scream::cumming2::crying5:

url%5D

The way The Blackest Day still hits me like it did on first listen:defeated: the deeper harder darker wrong places part & the entire  bridge is in my opinion one of the best things she has ever done , crying screaming calling 911 dying rebirthing levitating while streaming this timeless soul crushing masterpiece from a timeless classic album:wowcry::lange:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

honeymoon was the first new lana album release i experienced so it will always have a special place in my heart

this album is so hazy, dreamy, beautiful

fave songs are:

music to watch boys to

terrence loves you

salvatore

On 8/31/2023 at 6:57 PM, Ocean Boulevard said:

The way The Blackest Day still hits me like it did on first listen:defeated: the deeper harder darker wrong places part & the entire  bridge is in my opinion one of the best things she has ever done , crying screaming calling 911 dying rebirthing levitating while streaming this timeless soul crushing masterpiece from a timeless classic album:wowcry::lange:

Yeah The Blackest Day in general has immaculate composition. I don't know how she did that.

Terrence Loves You is my all time most listened song on Spotify! :flutter:

I can't imagine a day without listening to this album, really. You gotta listen atleast one song from this album every day. And I can't believe that it's 8 years old soon. Today's it the album trailer's/sampler's birthday! :wub:

Also, you might know these facts but did you know that the start of Swan Song sampled High By The Beach intro's and outro's "high-high-high" and The Blackest Day's chorus sampled Art Deco's bubble-synthy intro :wub:  I also adore the transitions from High By The Beach to Freak to Art Deco and Burnt Norton to Religion :flutter: What a phenomenal album, I fucking adore it, I never get tired from saying that, it's my all-time favorite album! :illumilana2:

url%5D