annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I thought I wouldn't like this album because the Urban Outfitter snippets I listened to didn't really get to me and now

I'm sitting here and I listen to it and it's the most beautiful thing, I love it so much! 

I'm almost crying reading all those things, she's such an amazing and beautiful human being and I can't wait to see her here in Brazil again. When she came in 2013 I saw her concert by the internet only cause my parents didn't bought me the tickets to the concert. But when she returns I'll go see her and I hope I can take at least one picture with her.

original.gif

so last night I decided to lay down and listen to the whole thing in full. all I can say is this album is magnificent. everything flows so well, and every song, IMO, is uniquely it's own. I love how that muddy trap energy slightly stayed present for Religion and The Blackest Day. There is not a single song I dislike on this album, although Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood took me a second to get into. that's only because, for me, the song felt very different than anything she's done. but like all her other work, I found a way to appreciate it as art. everything she writes and sings is so mesmerizing and I believe you have to have a true passion and soul for music to really appreciate her work. every song took me into a different world and it's such an amazing thing. this is such a unique album, as are all her other albums. they all stand out in their own special ways. I do think this album is slow, but it's not "super slow" like I've seen a few people say. it flows very nicely and at times actually does pick up to a good speed. the only flaw in my opinion lies in freak. when she says, "it all seems stranger, than a stranger." had me tilting my head at first. and I was like "for real?" then as I kept playing it I was like "okay, I feel you girl." it just struck me as an odd lyric at first but it has since grown on me. everything from the slow songs, to the mid tempos, to the interlude are all stunning. Lana is amazing at painting a picture through her music and giving you particular vibes. I definitely see her as a legend and I think she'll go down in history as a classic artist. I give this album a 10/10. this woman never disappoints me.

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

The instrumental and synth breakdowns during the songs are killing me :defeated: It's so eclectic

I wouldn't say it was a truly European theme tbh. It evokes Little Italy in New York in the 40's 

Someone else agrees!!! It reminded me so much of old Hollywood movies in Little Italy. 

The Blackest Day sounds like something else I've heard before, especially the bridge and outro ???? It's so weird lol

overall I am slayed  :defeated: it's a beautiful album. It seems very slow to me however, but I'm sure it'll grow on me. My 3 favourites atm are The Blackest Day, Freak and 24.

also- was it confirmed that its a gapless album? Because it sounds like it is at least.

I'm in loooooooove with this album oh my god 

and i think the blackest day sounds a little bit like "one way or another" by blondie in the bridge :) are you getting those vibes too? i LOVE the song nonetheless ugh  :icant:

tumblr_m7ggbemthf1r7oj7fo1_500.gif

Picked up her V issue and a CD today. Really love this album tbh.

Also remember when I suggested people steal Honeymoon copies that were on shelves but couldn't be purchased...

5WUg5Zl.jpg

Now I don't feel bad for stealing her promotional poster last year thank god :toofunny:

I'm almost crying reading all those things, she's such an amazing and beautiful human being and I can't wait to see her here in Brazil again. When she came in 2013 I saw her concert by the internet only cause my parents didn't bought me the tickets to the concert. But when she returns I'll go see her and I hope I can take at least one picture with her.

Lana cum to Brazil!!!!1!!!11!!!

Quando eu vou embora dai a vadia decide fazer um show :crossed:

EotAQlJ.jpg

Every single day I think about the fact that I'm stanning the most beautiful and sweetest person ever. I never thought my life would be so influenced from a 30 year old woman, but here we are. My mom always expresses her concern about the fact that everything I say is related to Lana somehow, but that's just it; I have so much shit going on in my life, and it really feels like she's the one thing that never fails to make me happy. I know I did not hesitate to express how bitter I was about the signing today (and don't worry, I still am!), but watching the videos and hearing the things she did for people literally brought tears to my eyes. She is truly an angel and she seems so happy right now which makes me feel overjoyed. I just love her  :flutter: