annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

Is the Honeymoon Instagram dead? Did Lana only realise now that she can be intimate on her public instagram as well? FFS

Will the Honeymoon video ever be revealed????

She literally just posted yesterday on the Honeymoon instagram

Guys, why is the album called "Honeymoon"? I can't quite find a honeymoon-theme through the entire record except for the title track.

<<<<< V interview excerpt >>>>>>>>>>
James Franco: Why did you call the new album Honeymoon?

Lana Del Rey: “Honeymoon.” I guess its the word that sums up the ultimate dream. I mean, life is a honeymoon, you know? Life, love, paradise, freedom.. thats forever. With someone, or just with yourself. It just felt right, kind of the way Ultraviolence felt right before that, when I had a little more rage (laughs). I love the concept that life is a dream and you curate your own space so that it becomes your heaven. Its all contingent upon your state of mind, which is why I don’t always do interviews – because it puts me in a bad fucking mood. I really try and keep my world beautiful but its tricky. We’re at a point in time when life truly can be what you want it to be.
<<<< end Quote >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So the followup question I would have asked is: "If Life's a Honeymoon, then what is the marriage?" She should respond a marriage "between spirit and matter" as in @@litewave 's  post 10 in his esoteric origins of mankind thread (Lana thoughts).

Does DLMBM sound almost medieval to any of you? It's just that little synth I'm the instrumental that makes it sound that way to me lol

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Will the Honeymoon video ever be revealed????

There's no Honeymoon video. Francesco posted a capture of the HM snippet yesterday and he said it's just some random VHS footage they shot together before the album was made

https://instagram.com/p/7ydkDhiIIE/

We shot this VHS footage months ago when it was an idea now it's real

ZmJh1LG.jpg

BUT. I put in the time to soak it up, and it truly was a beautiful listening experience. Her vocals are top-notch. And I'm satisfied that she has made the album she wanted to. Bottom line, I'm going to give Honeymoon the chance to be a grower.

The CD player in my car wasn't working, so I had to wait until now to hear the CD through hi-fi stereo speakers … now I get it. The thick bass and the delicate etheric vocals, rendered in perfect fidelity … it's pure sex; the lowest and the highest in one.

Hi - 

I am out of the country until the first week of October so I can't buy Honeymoon (well, officially, my Itunes Domain doesn't work here).  Can someone PM a link for the 320kbps or FLAC D/L for this?  Someone routed me before to a D/L but it sounded like a recording of the songs...? I can't access most torrent sites either.. this hotel's wifi blocks friggin every site. Please help.

Thanks,

Meh, am I the only one who doesn't really like Freak? I find Freak and Art Deco is very similar, but I prefer Art Deco. Beside that I love everything on the album, I'm still waiting for Freak and Swan Song to grow on me though.