annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I never know what to think about the record. It is very VERY good musically, lyrics are perfect to my opinion, she never sang that well, but the thing is, I barely feel anything, the whole is heartless. It's missing something.

except on Honeymoon. that one is absolute perfection  :hooker:

i keep flip flopping on this album. do i like it a lot, or do i hate it???? i think her artist statement for honeymoon is "all i wanna do it get high by the beach"??? shes being like yeah all i wanna do is get high and sing about different guys and not care what anyone else thinks. i feel like in every song she kinda references time, love, dream like states/getting high. i do not care for the lyrics on this album, but i do feel like she accomplished what she wanted. she just wanted to have fun, get high, and sing. which i truly appreciate. lolol cuz if i had money i'd just wanna do silly albums and get high all the time. duuuuuuhhhh. good fer her??? idk. even the word honeymoon is kinda like a drugged up state of mind??? idk idk idk im a bored loserrrrr

also i like when she sings about lemonade. its tacky and surreal???? lolol. 

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

i keep flip flopping on this album. do i like it a lot, or do i hate it???? i think her artist statement for honeymoon is "all i wanna do it get high by the beach"??? shes being like yeah all i wanna do is get high and sing about different guys and not care what anyone else thinks. i feel like in every song she kinda references time, love, dream like states/getting high. i do not care for the lyrics on this album, but i do feel like she accomplished what she wanted. she just wanted to have fun, get high, and sing. which i truly appreciate. lolol cuz if i had money i'd just wanna do silly albums and get high all the time. duuuuuuhhhh. good fer her??? idk. even the word honeymoon is kinda like a drugged up state of mind??? idk idk idk im a bored loserrrrr

also i like when she sings about lemonade. its tacky and surreal???? lolol. 

She's not the only one who's getting high I guess :awkney:

i want her to make up a new word for the new album title.

like Ultra + Violence

CaliDaddy would be a great choice :creep:

Ultraviolence is a tangible word tho ...

and tbf we could use that same formula for Honeymoon. Honey + Moon :creep:

title251192345.png