annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I actually prefer that Lana doesn't collaborate with anyone on her albums to be honest. I really enjoy Prisoner, but that's on The Weeknd's album so its just an extra track to listen too. I would like them two to collaborate again though.

qsVmBMd.png

Best music

1. Ultraviolence

2. Lana Del Ray

3. Honeymoon

4. Born To Die

5. Paradise

Best visuals

1. Born To Die

2. Ultraviolence

3. Lana Del Ray

4. Paradise

5. Honeymoon

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Imagine if Grimes produced a Lana album :icant: :icant: :icant:

It would sound like a hot mess and y'all know it. Grimes is actually not a great producer. Her songs are great from some indie-tumblr standards, but that is about it.

Collabs rarely really work. So many ppl make them and they really sound forced, so many times. Especially between two females. It is so hard to nail that down.

The underage fomos on here would wet their pants if Lana and MariNO did something together, but it would sound horrible and horribly predictable.

I think something that is not too close to home may work. Somebody we would not think of normally, but even then, chances of doing nothing special are pretty high. (see: Rihanna, Kanye West and the dead man walking)

It would sound like a hot mess and y'all know it. Grimes is actually not a great producer. Her songs are great from some indie-tumblr standards, but that is about it.

Collabs rarely really work. So many ppl make them and they really sound forced, so many times. Especially between two females. It is so hard to nail that down.

The underage fomos on here would wet their pants if Lana and MariNO did something together, but it would sound horrible and horribly predictable.

I think something that is not too close to home may work. Somebody we would not think of normally, but even then, chances of doing nothing special are pretty high. (see: Rihanna, Kanye West and the dead man walking)

I can see Grimes producing LDR on the right selection of leaks, but LDR would have to be interested in doing electronica. Also Grimes produced by LDR would be interesting, imo. I've always found it weird that girls don't pack together as often as boys do into groups and on occasion supergroups. It may have something to do with the greater instrument focus boys have generally (requiring collaboration to get a coordinated sound?) and the vocals focus of the girls, I suppose. 

Yeah. The Weeknd collab was mediocre at its best but all the tenge drem gurls loved it. I hope if she does a collab, it's someone who contrasts with her a bit. Maybe she could do sonething with Mando Diao. Björns voice would go along with hers and a rock song would be better than sone tumblr-alt-pop collab stuff.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I thought the collab with The Weeknd was a great collaboration and didn't feel forced at all. The theme suits Lana so well, and I haven't really listened to much of TW's stuff but it seemed like it suits him as well.

qsVmBMd.png

If there were duets-

I want to see duets with Leonard Cohen, David Johansen (aka Buster Poindexter, NY Dolls lead singer), Elton John, Elvis Costello, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Jonathan Richman... etc

and would love a spliced together Elvis Presley

unfortunately, the duet I really wanted now cannot happen live.

That being a Lana-Bowie Christmas song perhaps a remake of Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth

Iconic would be some sort of collab with Doris Day (Que Sera Sera done Lana style)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

If there were duets-

I want to see duets with Leonard Cohen, David Johansen (aka Buster Poindexter, NY Dolls lead singer), Elton John, Elvis Costello, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Jonathan Richman... etc

and would love a spliced together Elvis Presley

unfortunately, the duet I really wanted now cannot happen live.

That being a Lana-Bowie Christmas song perhaps a remake of Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth

Iconic would be some sort of collab with Doris Day (Que Sera Sera done Lana style)

Lana and Leonard would be beautiful

For me the Honeymoon era has been a bit boring for me. :(

I don't like the album's official photos, even though some of them are from the amazing Neil Krug. The album cover itself   :facepalm:

The music, although beautiful, lack's something. There's little variety. The songs start sounding the same. Too slow. The album is good, but not great. BTD was brilliant. UV was brilliant. HM is just good.

Had Dan Auerbach had his hands on HM, I'm sure he would have breathed some life into these songs. He and Lana would have fought a lot but I'm sure Dan would have done a brilliant job. Mark Ronson is another one who would have made something magical with Lana. Every time I hear Amy's Back to Black album, I can picture Lana singing songs like "Wake Up Alone" or "Love is a Losing Game". Too bad though. What could have been ;)