annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

For me the Honeymoon era has been a bit boring for me. :(

I don't like the album's official photos, even though some of them are from the amazing Neil Krug. The album cover itself :facepalm:

The music, although beautiful, lack's something. There's little variety. The songs start sounding the same. Too slow. The album is good, but not great. BTD was brilliant. UV was brilliant. HM is just good.

Had Dan Auerbach had his hands on HM, I'm sure he would have breathed some life into these songs. He and Lana would have fought a lot but I'm sure Dan would have done a brilliant job. Mark Ronson is another one who would have made something magical with Lana. Every time I hear Amy's Back to Black album, I can picture Lana singing songs like "Wake Up Alone" or "Love is a Losing Game". Too bad though. What could have been ;)

What might have been and what has been, point to one end. Which is always present. :oprah3:

For me the Honeymoon era has been a bit boring for me. :(

I don't like the album's official photos, even though some of them are from the amazing Neil Krug. The album cover itself   :facepalm:

The music, although beautiful, lack's something. There's little variety. The songs start sounding the same. Too slow. The album is good, but not great. BTD was brilliant. UV was brilliant. HM is just good.

Had Dan Auerbach had his hands on HM, I'm sure he would have breathed some life into these songs. He and Lana would have fought a lot but I'm sure Dan would have done a brilliant job. Mark Ronson is another one who would have made something magical with Lana. Every time I hear Amy's Back to Black album, I can picture Lana singing songs like "Wake Up Alone" or "Love is a Losing Game". Too bad though. What could have been ;)

I agree with all of this :)

The album is "good" but not "great".

I think the reason why I'm that dissapointed is that she released her best album in 2014 and a year after something that couldn't compete with it

Mfhp.gif

it just feels like this album came out of the blue and has no real purpose. BTD was her debut. Paradise was an addition that took away the hip hop beats so she could broaden her genre. UV was aimed towards mocking the press and evolving her sound and showing she can sing. Honeymoon talks about the press and showing her vocal abilities (which was done many times before in UV) and talks about being young and stupid (which was done many times before in BTD)

honestly, HM has very good songs, but its a pointless album. it just adds more songs to her registry she can perform live. this album didnt bring a new sound or a new meaning. after releasing a great album like UV and evolving her sound, i thought she would continue to show different sides of the 50s 60s and 70s but no. im not entirely dissapponted with HM but im not nearly satisfied either. its missing something and i cant put my finger on it.

I think that she wanted her career to get quieter with less promo and exposure even if that means less fans. It's her decision and I respect that even if things are getting more "boring". I noticed that she talked recently on insta about her "beloved" discography which seems overly defensive for me...maybe she is starting to worry about her career. Her upcoming tour will answer a lot of questions and at least we'll see her doing something

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers

I think that she wanted her career to get quieter with less promo and exposure even if that means less fans. It's her decision and I respect that even if things are getting more "boring". I noticed that she talked recently on insta about her "beloved" discography which seems overly defensive for me...maybe she is starting to worry about her career. Her upcoming tour will answer a lot of questions and at least we'll see her doing something

therefor you don't have to release an album. Just don't release anything.

honestly, HM has very good songs, but its a pointless album. it just adds more songs to her registry she can perform live. this album didnt bring a new sound or a new meaning.

This! Born TO Die was the Gangsta Nancy Sinatra debut, Paradise was a really nice addition that moved a bit more in the direction of the dramatic diva and UV was a masterpiece, having a big change in her style and showing different facettes.

HM has a lo of nice songs (even though assuming she will perform them live is a bit naive at this point) but it's not really special on it's own. She didn't explore any kind of atmosphere or big concept with it, not even visually. It's there and it's nice but it kind of feels a bit like a filler album. Nothing really new, not exactly like the stuff before but also not spectacular on it's own. Nice to have it, that's it so far.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

On Honeymoon she sounds hyper-focused on a sound but not inspired. I think that's what's wrong with Honeymoon. She didn't really have any ideas or inspiration so it sounds kind of lazy. IMO she needed to continue the UV era through to its whole potential, not half ass it and give up in the middle of it. Who knows what album would have followed UV if things had been different.

Nothing scares me anymore.