annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

this is actually one of the few times where I'm quite sure he's joking

God damn, now I look stupid. Stopped reading his post after the first paragraph, hence my logic over there was flawed. Apologies.

obUZKpb.gif

the main problem with HM i have is that she didt evolve with this album, with BTD she evolved, with UV she evolved. I had the expectations that she would keep reinventing herself but she didnt. HM is just a slower BTD full of songs that sound like demos and needed to be worked further. if you ask me, the songs: Honeymoon, Terrence Loves You, God Knows I Tried, and Lana's version of Dont Let Me Be Misunderstood SHOULP HAVE NEVER EXISTED. The songs: MTWBT, Freak, and Swan Song need more work because they feel like theyre missing something. HM wouldve been better if it was left as an ep like PD and have more west coast auerbach type of production to it and then she couldve taken a year long break to think about how she will reinvent herself for her next era

Β 

UV >> BTD >> HM >> PD >> AKA

Oh no you didn't. HM and TLY are heavenly. GKIT just needed to be less repetitive and DLMBM slays.

Bye girl

EotAQlJ.jpg

This is honestly how the album is set up, except the blackest day EP is wedged in the middle of Honeymoon. Your two body idea certainly has a more cohesive soundΒ 

Β 

yeah that was mostly the objective lol! I just wanted to make it run a little bit smoother without totally tainting the original tracklisting

title251192345.png

Ok, when is the nu alboom coming out?

Β 

according to her 14 months law, in november. Cant wait to be slayed beyond human knowledge by the new LP, featuring smashing singles Take Me to Egypt & Roses

tbh what imagery?

I mean, the videos so far were good in my opinion. I mean, they're not BTD era level but they're not as bad as the UV videos. The visuals we've gotten for each video are all 10/10. And on top of that, her most recent photo shoots have been really good.

Β 

This is all my opinion though obvi. To each his own

There is no point for her to come out with new music for at least 2 years. Besides a huge worldwide tour, I cannot see how she could advance her singing career but I could really envision Lana as a producer/business woman, starting a label and producing/promoting (the irony) talens discovered by her

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers