annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

Honeymoon should have been a bonus disk to Ultraviolence or an EP. I don't think it should have been a major new album. I don't know if Lana is purposely releasing stuff to finish her contract with her record companies or if she is just likes releasing new music every year, but I think if she took some time to record her album, the outcome will be better. She can be a jazzy artist. She can have her bare voice on piano and record songs like that too but she needs to make sure that the songs don't end up sounding the same. That's the major issue I have with Honeymoon. Plus, the melodies in the songs aren't as catchy as with her previous albums. She can learn a lot from Fiona Apple. Fiona doesn't release new music every year. She takes her time and usually she always produces masterpieces. She also should try other producers other then just Rick Nowels. I hope she can work with Dan again and that someday she could work with Ronson.

It's a damn shame she threw Ultraviolet under a bus and move on so quickly with Honeymoon. UV was worthy of at least 4 more music videos. :facepalm:

Honeymoon honestly could've been cleaved into two separate bodies; I actually tried it and it worked really well for me and really enabled me to appreciate some of the songs on the record that I wasn't able to before (i.e. 24, The Blackest Day, Swan Song)

HONEYMOON

1. Honeymoon

2. Music To Watch Boys To

3. Terrence Loves You

4. Religion

5. God Knows I Tried

6. Burnt Norton (Interlude)

7. 24

8. Salvatore

9. Swan Song

10. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

THE BLACKEST DAY EP

1. High By The Beach

2. Freak

3. Art Deco

4. The Blackest Day

title251192345.png

Honeymoon honestly could've been cleaved into two separate bodies; I actually tried it and it worked really well for me and really enabled me to appreciate some of the songs on the record that I wasn't able to before (i.e. 24, The Blackest Day, Swan Song)

HONEYMOON

1. Honeymoon

2. Music To Watch Boys To

3. Terrence Loves You

4. Religion

5. God Knows I Tried

6. Burnt Norton (Interlude)

7. 24

8. Salvatore

9. Swan Song

10. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

THE BLACKEST DAY EP

1. High By The Beach

2. Freak

3. Art Deco

4. The Blackest Day

This is honestly how the album is set up, except the blackest day EP is wedged in the middle of Honeymoon. Your two body idea certainly has a more cohesive sound 

Honeymoon, like Ultraviolence, like Paradise are concept albums, meant to be heard in the painstakingly planned and picked order that Lana herself took the time to do, and wanted it heard that way

1 to 14 then start again

sheesh....changing the order would be like reading a book and going from chapter 1 to 4 then 6 to8, then 13 and 14 and after 14 reading chapter 5, 9, 10, 11, 12

If one wants to hear a #1 single on the radio, ask Weeknd to release Prisoner as his next single and it shall be.

Thank God Lana is not everyone else. Everyone else who had an amazing song like Terrence would have rush released a single out of it the day Bowie died and cashed in. Thankfully Lana is not that type of person

Read the book. If you don't like Honeymoon, in a few month another album will be here.

And I seriously doubt she will ever work with Dan again, she should produce herself.

Or better yet, co-produce with either Jeff Lynne or George Martin, but George is now 92, and mostly retired.

but that won't happen either. Has Jeff ever produced a female artist?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

btw @@PARADIXO I don't think HM lyrics are that bad, UV has some far worse than the "shining like a gunmetal" line. 

Am I the only one who likes that lyric? Like when someone is aiming a gun and their emotions are all at once cold and avoiding emotion, but still unavoidably uncertain. And, of course, alluding to the fact that the gun itself is probably cold if it hasn't been fired yet. 

She also needs a band that sounds like a REAL band like UV, not the garageband sounding stuff on HM. And more sax/trumpets. I don't want the 2 seconds inaudible thing in TLY or Freak to happen again. I can really see her get into a Rock/jazz sound with exotica undertones, like a Auerbach produced version of MTWBT

if BTD lana is a gangsta nancy sinatra and UV lana is a west coast sad girl, what persona is HM? throughout this era there hasnt been cohesive imagery

Independent #feminist

Lana-del-Rey4.jpg

@@PARADIXO reply 2055-

and Lana Del Rey is the inspiration for Rey in Star Wars 7, the first space science lover/nerd/geek movie since Alien to feature a female hero the entire movie/new trilogy is based on, (and ironically, the biggest money making movie of all time).

They should make a collectible series out of that iconic image Lana is showing...

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@@PARADIXO reply 2055-

and Lana Del Rey is the inspiration for Rey in Star Wars 7, the first space science lover/nerd/geek movie since Alien to feature a female hero the entire movie/new trilogy is based on, (and ironically, the biggest money making movie of all time).

They should make a collectible series out of that iconic image Lana is showing...

Oh, so now that the beloved hero of SWVIII is called Rey automatically translates to Lana being her fundamental inspiration? Let me guess, that's because their names are rather alike? Quite a pathetic and flawed logic.

obUZKpb.gif

Oh, so now that the beloved hero of SWVIII is called Rey automatically translates to Lana being her fundamental inspiration? Let me guess, that's because their names are rather alike? Quite a pathetic and flawed logic.

this is actually one of the few times where I'm quite sure he's joking

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Daisy Ridley as Young Lana in the Lana Del Rey Born to have a movie bio movie coming soon to a screen near you

written and produced by Lana (with others)

(with all vocals by Lana, including new songs so it can be nominated for Oscars for best screenplay, best song, best score, etc.)

and with a whole line of Lana Dolls. (American Girl dolls, look out)

@@Electric Body- I am sure JJ Abrams is well aware of Lana Del Rey. This star wars had no input from George Lucas.