annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I realize the more I listen to Honeymoon, I somehow start liking Ultraviolence way more.

Its strange, Ultraviolence used to mysteriously put me to sleep when I would listen to it :tsk:

thank God you came to your senses, UV is the album of the decade

I take back what I said.

I love Terrence, really like The Blackest Day, enjoy Freak a lot, Swan Song might be the most "imperial" song in the album, REALLY loved it... And well, I like Salvatore.

What does it mean if a song is imperial

I realize the more I listen to Honeymoon, I somehow start liking Ultraviolence way more.

Its strange, Ultraviolence used to mysteriously put me to sleep when I would listen to it  :tsk:

OMG I feel the same way!

Like "Flipside" came on shuffle today and even though I always loved the song I felt it in a way I didn't in a long time! And then I felt the really strong urge to listen to PWYC, MPG and Cruel World. Needless to say, I had a good time :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

And then I was like let's keep going and I listened to Ultraviolence (song) and the bridge fucked my ears so good I was totally dead.

Lana still does things to me

It seems like Lana has been gradually turning up the heat with those singles in a magnanimous effort to prepare me for the shock of hearing the biggest gems.

God Knows I Tried, Art Deco and The Blackest Day currently on a loop.

Watching all our friends fall in and out of Old Paul's, this is my idea of fun

Update: hm might be growing on me atm

I had a long car drive today and listened to the whole album several times & it really has quite a few great moments! I begin to understand its ~vibe~ i think

kySyfQZ.jpg

I really think this album needs to be listened to a couple of times in order to truly love it. Lana albums always take a few listens for me to get into, just because there's so much going on in the production or lyrics or whatever that keeps surprising me even a dozen listens in. Not everyone will love the album, I'm sure, but I think with more listens people will enjoy it more. 

Something about the "And you won't wait...another day..." or whatever she says in Swan Song is so cringeworthy. The way it's sung literally makes me hit the skip track automatically. 

The song sounds like an invitation to suicide. Love it :creepna:

Watching all our friends fall in and out of Old Paul's, this is my idea of fun

It seems like nobody here is excited  for the MTWBT video

Because we don't know anything about it, more than the "water girls", we need a teaser something lol. And she hasnt announce the video yet, she just posted some screenshots lol from pale fire and the one yesterday, when the fans were hearing the album lol