annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

It's so weird no one has talked about this interview and how it hasn't left this thread. It's cue to hear Lana talk about the album, giving us little details that hook you up again, keeping the hype. It's cool

So Lana, you only stay with Rick because he's easy to manage and never complains? Now I get why you say Dan Auerbach brought the fire back in to your life  :teehee:  it's ok to stay in your confort song but you need to spice your life a bit sometimes. Thank god she said she's willing to try new producers for the next one. Unless she changed her mind  :deadbanana:

And the fact she's letting the ones who say her lyrics are repetitive win!  :lmao:  

When she said Father John Misty's song kills her I was like :illumarina: "dear lord, don't let this be another I wish I was dead already :pray2: " and when the later he asked if she was talking about dead and she said yeah I was like  :excited:  :pray: . I couldn't stop but think "his leading questions about dead and persona were calculated"  :toofloppy: . I feel every interview she has done since always push to that subject.

I wonder if Lana feels that way too, I think she does.

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

Wasn't it weird was she said about UV? She was relieved to be done with the "second album" and move onto the third one.

You're past your debut and your sophomore releases, you've worked with many different artists and you've toured. What made Honeymoon different?

I was glad to be past that second record. [laughs] It was fun. I worked with this guy that I love. He's been my producer for a really long time. His name is Rick Nowels.

Wasn't Paradise her second album?

Or should we count Paradise as part of BTD, and so UV is her second album, and Honeymoon is the third? I always thought HM was her 4th official Lana album, but apparently she views it as the third...?

YAS I knew there was a full length Honeymoon video. Thank god I didn’t let anybody convince me there wasn’t one.  :usrs:

there was a full version of Life is Beautiful and?

:creep:

When she said Father John Misty's song kills her I was like  :illumarina: "dear lord, don't let this be another I wish I was dead already  :pray2: " and when the later he asked if she was talking about dead and she said yeah I was like   :excited:   :pray: . I couldn't stop but think "his leading questions about dead and persona were calculated"   :toofloppy: . I feel every interview she has done since always push to that subject.

I wonder if Lana feels that way too, I think she does.

but honeybear kills me too.

would like to hear a collab from them.

i want to have both FJM's cynicism and Lana's sarcasm in one song so BAD.

giphy.gif

YAS I knew there was a full length Honeymoon video. Thank god I didn’t let anybody convince me there wasn’t one.  :usrs:

Pretty sure it was obvious :awkney: idk what other ppl where thinking that she randomly recorded herself singing the chorus and randomly the second pre-chorus :uh:

image.png

Is anybody here not really in love with the record (sorry, don't want to monger hate, just don't feel like reading almost 80 pages of this topic)?

I mean, it's okay, but after 3 spins it seems so Lana by numbers. Maybe I'll change my mind.

i am nothing and should be everything

honeybear kills me too

I thought I was the only one :´) 

I was just being paranoic lol, like I know she only meant she really liked the song but I instantly thought about some magazine twisting her words :deadbanana:  

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

I thought I was the only one :´) 

I was just being paranoic lol, like I know she only meant she really liked the song but I instantly thought about some magazine twisting her words :deadbanana:  

MESS  :toofunny:

============

i mean bored in the USA literally destroyed me when it first came out.

i feel so connected with that song :( like i'm connected with "there's nothing for us to talk about... Like the future and those things" in TBD  :ohno:  :ohno:

useless education

grad loan debt

subprime loan

etc

:ohno:

and then the whole album was released and i was like DAMN he really is THE spokesperson of this generation.

giphy.gif

Idk why but I lost interest in this era for like almost a month, I didn't listen to Honeymoon for like two weeks until now, I'm slowly starting to get into it again, all because of that interview, really hope she means it and do a proper world tour, Lana, you got plenty of material to do a proper show, use it right! I wish she could make more videos and idk, just more things, I really want more from her, she doesn't have to do it all at once, she can take her time and make this era last a year or two, like with BTD/Paradise, I just want her to use her own material the way she should. I'm not asking for a lot, I'm asking for things she can make and has done, she's still on time, it's been a month + days since she released the MTWBT vid, I hope she surprises us with something exciting before the year ends! 

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif