Sign in to follow this  
GodBlessMe

Lana’s Best Album / Your Favourite

Now that Honeymoon has been released, which album is your favorite?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite Lana album

• Lana Del Ray a.k.a. Lizzy Grant
    • Born To Die
    • Paradise
    • Ultraviolence
    • Honeymoon
    • Lust for Life
    • Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Blue Banisters
    • Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

Ultraviolence really is amazing, but it definitely has some filler / unfinished sounding tracks. I just don't feel the same about LDR. Every song on Lana Del Ray manages to sound different than the last somehow, while still remaining cohesive... idk how they managed to pull this off. Every song is just this beautiful little gem in Lana's discography. :crai:

Gramma is ugly

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

Ultraviolence really is amazing, but it definitely has some filler / unfinished sounding tracks. I just don't feel the same about LDR. Every song on Lana Del Ray manages to sound different than the last somehow, while still remaining cohesive... idk how they managed to pull this off. Every song is just this beautiful little gem in Lana's discography. :crai:

this!!! exactly what I was thinking, too. 

o4qjp4j.png

Ultraviolence 

Only a few albums have a massive impact on my life and this one of them.  Lana's gonna have to do something real special imo to top it...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

that's changing the whole meaning behind the thread though?

i definitely do not think my favorite lana album is her best... they're separate ideas

Best depends on what dimension of her work you happen to value the most (at the current moment?), so I don't see best and favorite as all that distinct. Also, it's hard to think about a single best, if what you pay attention to is the artist's range over albums.

However, I voted for HM just on the basis of listening to it as much as the others...and having a similar positive reaction to it. The singing and production slays me through most of the tracks. It's her best *focussed* retro album,  if you happen to value the retro dimension of her work the most (e.g., old-school type singing). It's sort of like Amy's Back to Black but with a different retro target, though it is not as anal with respect to perfectly reproducing *new* classics from an older era. Instead HM has rougher personal statements that are pretty enigmatic too, imo. It goes deeper and deeper, harder and harder, darker and darker, and looks for pop in all the wrong places (omg). 

Tossup between BTD and Paradise, which I personally see as one album, even though I'm aware that they were released seperately. I voted for Paradise to show it some love and because my absolute favourite LDR song is on it (Gods & Monsters). Also, everything on Paradise is great, while there are maybe a couple of lesser tracks on BTD.

I'm actually a bit shocked that Ultraviolence wins in a landslide here. It is my least favourite of her big label albums. It's not that I think the songs are bad, but it is a somewhat dreary listen to me and I prefer the overall sound and feel of the other albums. Maybe I just need to listen to it some more - LDR's songs always seem to grow on me.

And what's with all the votes for the first non-major label album. I do have it, but haven't listened to it much.

And what's with all the votes for the first non-major label album. I do have it, but haven't listened to it much.

You are really missing out!! There's something so magical about AKA, none of her other albums capture the same beautiful feeling / atmosphere that Lana & Kahne created together. Her voice is gorgeous, the lyrics some of her best, IMO no filler tracks whatsoever. 

My personal favorites... Yayo, Smarty, For K Part 2, Mermaid Motel. I could list the entire album tbh, but go fully discover it for yourself! :) 

14417469274.gif

You are really missing out!! There's something so magical about AKA, none of her other albums capture the same beautiful feeling / atmosphere that Lana & Kahne created together. Her voice is gorgeous, the lyrics some of her best, IMO no filler tracks whatsoever. 

My personal favorites... Yayo, Smarty, For K Part 2, Mermaid Motel. I could list the entire album tbh, but go fully discover it for yourself! :)

Well, this thread has inspired me to listen to it again. Infact, I am listening to it right now! Over the next couple of days I will track down some of her unreleased stuff and generally try to listen to the stuff that hasn't really hit me yet. It took me ages to love BTD/Paradise the way I do now.

Well, this thread has inspired me to listen to it again. Infact, I am listening to it right now! Over the next couple of days I will track down some of her unreleased stuff and generally try to listen to the stuff that hasn't really hit me yet. It took me ages to love BTD/Paradise the way I do now.

That's one of my favorite things about Lana. You might not like some of her songs right away, but eventually they'll start to grow on you. Hell I've been listening to Lana for 4 years and i'm still just beginning to like some of her material. She's the gift that keeps on giving!