Sign in to follow this  
essiductonto

Lana Del Rey talks new album and coming back to Australia

I agree that one should respect other cultures but I really don't think muslims do that (at least not when it comes to them having to adapt). I live in Paris and the region is full of arabs and muslims, and even though the burqa is forbidden here for example, you still see ladies wearing them in the Champs Elysées ( now try to go to one of those really strict countries wearing short shorts and tight clothes (what Brazilian girls normally wear tbh) and you'll have a really hard time). Another example is Sweden: Ever since the country has opened its borders it's become a mess (Swedish people told me this). The muslims there do not want to adapt and instead demand the country's gov to do it. I'm an immigrant too but I try to adapt to French culture as much as I can. In that sense I DO have a problem with Islam (with all religions tbh, but Christianism doesn't have that much influence anymore and doesn't affect daily life and laws in most countries I believe). And before I'm labeled as racist, I'd just like to say that in no way I have a problem with the people themselves. The problem is religion tbh

Summarized version of your post: "I'm not racist BUT..."

summertime sahara

million dollar mohammad

babaganoush baby

sahad girl

tabbouleh loves you

burka eyes

Ummm....  :biblio: 

why do you always HAVE TO say the stupidest shit oh my god

How dumb are you? I guess you never heard of other cultures except of yours. I pray for narrow-minded people like you.

SHUT UP!

There's a way to smack down problematic comments without escalating things. These were not it.

stop complaining like a basic cunt.

People who like to stir political/religious shit in a Lana Del Rey forum BITCH WHO HURT YOU

Islamophobic and xenophobic cunt

Watch the name-calling and keep it civil or I'm gonna start giving warning points like a child molester hands out candy.

I live in Paris and the region is full of arabs and muslims, and even though the burqa is forbidden here for example, you still see ladies wearing them in the Champs Elysées

Honestly, I think burqa bans are extremely illiberal and an unacceptable violation of freedom of expression, not to mention discriminatory. Hell, if I lived in France I'd wear a burqa just to make a point, and I'm an agnostic cisgender hetero white guy.

And I have a really good muslim friend, but we never discuss about religion.

Reminds me of this at 1:07:

stop trying to find racism where there is none...

Yes, but also start trying to put yourself in the shoes of others and try to understand why they might see something as racist.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

this is absolute bullshit and has to stop. Whether you were offended by LimeLights or not, their post was not fucking racist, and at the very least was at least not intended to be racist whether you think it was or not. Calm the fuck down I am not here to see my friends get attacked over comments that have been exaggerated, misunderstood, misinterpreted or whatever by people??? Stop this RN... seriously fam

It's about keeping your facts straight. In my case, I just mentioned that we should NOT see their culture as a bad aspect.

Sorry if you took it personally, I wasn't really addressing you and btw I meant 'bitch' in a funny way (hence me using caps), some people need to understand that lol

you guys need to relax :awk:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

People are more and more wanting to look like an equality martyr online these days. There are ways to address and correct inappropriate/uneducated comments without the self righteousness.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Interesting questions ! I'm glad she explained how it went with Mark Ronson ... Too bad, though, I was very curious to see the result ! Maybe "Honeymoon" (the album) would have sounded totally different or would have gone a totally different route !

(Where are the three songs left she talked about :creep: 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

These kind of reactions are one of the reasons why society can't overcome these issues. Pure ignorance towards topics that are important.

This is literally so dramatic. The person was trying to be lighthearted and move on from the conflict. It's not ignorant because not everyone wants to participate in the racial conversation. This isn't a thread about race, so how can you tell someone who chooses not to join in on your bullshit that they're ignorant and the reason society isn't overcoming issues?