ilovetati

What musical direction should Lana go in for LDR5?

I want something that has unique instruments and sounds (MTWBT) w/ beat switches (like OTTR, Brooklyn Baby) and surf (Wayamaya, Mermaid Motel) and/or trap influences (HBTB). With dark lyrics like Disco, Pin-up Galore, Money Hunny, and Pawn Shop Blues.

He loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart.

I think Lana's jazzy tangents are beautiful, the only problem is that they're too short and often just tacked onto slow or boring pop songs in an attempt to liven them up. If Lana would really follow through with an attempt at jazz I think it would sound amazing. Her free-form vocals are by far her most emotionally genuine and rarely fall into this monotonous 'I'm too cool to give a fuck' tone that she often does.

I think Lana's jazzy tangents are beautiful, the only problem is that they're too short and often just tacked onto slow or boring pop songs in an attempt to liven them up. If Lana would really follow through with an attempt at jazz I think it would sound amazing. Her free-form vocals are by far her most emotionally genuine and rarely fall into this monotonous 'I'm too cool to give a fuck' tone that she often does.

I would kind of be interested in hearing something like this! If I personally had to pick I would prefer a more rock infused album but this concept is intriguing.

I wish Lana would make songs like this for her upcoming album  : A classic fusion of jazz, rock and roll, psychedelia and classical music.  Just imagine if Lana covered this song....Its soooo fucking perfect for her!!!  

BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS LYRICS

"I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know"

If I ever leave you
You can say I told you so
And if I ever hurt you baby
You know I hurt myself as well.

Is that any way for a man to carry on ?
You think he wants his little loved one gone
I love you baby, more than you'll ever know
More than you'll ever know.

When I wasn't makin' too much money
You know where my paycheck went
You know I brought it home to baby
And I never spent one red cent.

Is that any way for a man to carry on?
I love you baby, more than you'll ever know
More than you'll ever know.

I'm not tryin' to be any kind of man
I'm tryin' to be somebody you can love, trust and understand
I know that I can dream, yeah
A part of you that no one else could see
I just gotta hear, hear you say: 'It's all right, yeah, yeah, yeah'.

I'm only flesh and blood
I can be anything that you demand
I could president of General Motors baby, heh
Or just a tiny little grain of sand.

I love you babe, I love you babe
I love you more than you'll ever know.

Yeah
Yeah, yeah.

If I ever leave you
You can say I told you so
And if I ever hurt you
You know I hurt myself as well.

I tried to tell I love you baby, love you baby, yeah love you baby
I love you more than you'll ever know, ooh yeah yeah...

I love you, I love you, I love you baby.

Well all right!
I told you so many times before
I love you, I love you, I love you
If you don't know then I'll tell you one more time
I love you, I love you, I love you...

I honestly would like Lana to do a type of album in a style in which its a completely new style for her but I would still like it to have some underlining influences from UV BTD and AKA b/c I loved HM but in the end I got kinda sleepy it was real good hell I just want her to go to something more faster something like Fake Diamond, Playground meets You, Mister and Put The Radio On/JFK

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

She should just finally embrace the fact she's supposed to sing over rock-ish instrumentals.

Stuff like her Yayo-rock-version, her Body Electric - rock version, her Heart-Shaped-Box cover, the unknown song she rehearsed during the Paradise tour in Russia or the OTTR live version during the ES tour. Instrumentals with power and drive. She did a good step in that direction with UV but she should go further. Something that really .. rocks! It goes along with her voice so well and it would be a great change after Honeymoon.

I disagree. I don't think she was ever comfortable in the rock idiom. She's a jazz artist at heart.

I disagree. I don't think she was ever comfortable in the rock idiom. She's a jazz artist at heart.

She nevr did jazz at any point, she just likes dome older jazz songs and loves to throw the word around. And she seems to be very comfortable with it, they played a jazz instru at the Maide session etc.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I would love some really dark rock music. Something like PJ Harvey's To Bring You My Love or maybe something produced by John Cale.

I would also love a sad, sweet folk sound along the lines of Nico's Chelsea Girl.

And it would be really cool for her to go back to her surf noir Hawaiian glam metal sound. I would love an album full of songs like Wayamaya, Trash Magic, Motel 6, Kill Kil and 1949 studio version.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I want poetic lyrics like AKA's (Pawn Shop Blues/Oh Say Can You See/Raise Me Up) with a dark UV vibe (Flipside, Brooklyn Baby, West Coast) and a crisp BTD like production (Born To Die/OTTR/Blue Jeans) but I feel like that's asking way too much after something as rushed as Honeymoon :toofunny: don't kill me honeymoon lovers

I don't care about her sound anymore. She was/is eclectic enough musically anyway. Regarding her next record, I will care, for the first time seriously, about the concept of the album and the lyrics. If she will sing again about some doomed romance, namedrop some dead legend or she'll use some of her now "signature" tropes (die young - live fast, crazy woman, sad girl, red dress, misunderstood artiste etc.)  I'm out and I will never look back. I'm done excepting her laziness in songwriting and I expect something interesting from her next time around. Also, I don't want to hear on her next record any lamenting/trolling songs about critics (who btw where exceptionally nice with her regarding HM). Since she doesn't do any promo for her stuff at least she can sit at home and create something beautiful and meaningful lyrically. Musically I want her to sing with passion, to feel that she is interested to convey something, that she believes in something. If she mumbles through an album like HM again than she can keep it for herself. 

If she cannot improve lyrically, it wouldn't be a bad idea to hire some writers for her next record, but in that case she'll loose her songwriter status and she's not much of a singer besides her records...so she needs to write (she said that she's a writer first anyway). So I hope that she'll come up with something good next time around and I can get into her music again

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers

I hope that the fact that Honeymoon was well received by critics means that she's more willing to be controversial again on her next album. Let's face it, Lana saying & singing controversial stuff is 1857% better than her trying to keep it safe. Also this era has been super boring when it comes to visuals, the music videos have been boring and there have hardly been any photoshoots. It's ironic how she said that she didn't make many videos for UV because she didn't see many visuals for that album, but imo there are so many possibilites how to render every song on UV visually, while Honeymoon is seriously lacking in that department