Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

so far it hasn't blown me away, i was expecting it to be a little more quirkier and unique, i think the singles were fantastic so this was very underwhelming, she should have went in a more alternative direction.. it feels too easy, just a simple and average bop after bop kind of album, it wont be memorable, only tolerable meaning it'll probably age like milk. but this is only my opinion so far having heard the album twice, it might grow on me a little more  (hopefully)

couldn't have worded this better myself. was disappointing to me. 

imagine still thinking that listening to leaks is disrespectful in 2020. almost every single person on the earth has a spotify/apple music account and once the album is out they'll be streaming from those devices! let's not forget how people are still collecting cds, vinyls, box sets and all that. our girlie ain't losing shit. 

imagine thinking that two fucking weeks of reproductions lost won't affect the hype value and the strem counts of an album that will be old once published. i'm not talking about a couple of days prior leak. it's not that difficult :facepalm:  

i saw the videos of her crying on ig live before she announced the new release dates. i feel bad because she seemed to put a lot into this era only to have (most of) the last month of it go to shit :(

wait what? where was this said? i looked at her twitter and her latest post says BMH in 5 days

During her Q&A livestream on IG.

As always, the leak won't really affect her. Hopefully people are able to use this album as a distraction as the number of cases in the US continue to go up this week. At least for me this music has been a great escape. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

During her Q&A livestream on IG.

As always, the leak won't really affect her. Hopefully people are able to use this album as a distraction as the number of cases in the US continue to go up this week. At least for me this music has been a great escape. 

THIS. As cheesy as it is, music seems to be the only medium that now lets me fully escape the rest of the world. Routine is now working from kitchen table every day (which I know I'm fortunate to be able to do, and thankful for it), then spend evenings looking for distractions from what's happening in the world (tv, video games, facetiming friends+fam). New music being released is the best escape for me. Dua's perfect pop album is providing just that. Very thankful her label didn't push back the release – or worse, scrap it completely!!!

(and yes I downloaded the leak but will legally stream starting this Friday)

Also – fav non-single tracks from the album:

1. Pretty Please
  2. Cool
  3. Hallucinate

Any of these could be successful singles IMO

I don't mean to sound insensitive but was she really crying because her album leaked. Like, there's a pandemic, people are dying. You're a millionaire. Jesus, I don't fucking get it.

It seemed that she was more so emotional about the virus situation, actually. Especially since people she knows have gotten it. But also, why couldn't she cry over it? She's been planning something for months, and this situation is causing it all to change. Of course she's aware of the gravity of the situation, but we can't fault her emotions over something so personal to her (even if its a minor thing in context of what's happening.) Everyone has cried or been really emotional about cancelled plans. 

I hope she's able to tour the US next spring because I need to hear these songs live with her. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

I don't mean to sound insensitive but was she really crying because her album leaked. Like, there's a pandemic, people are dying. You're a millionaire. Jesus, I don't fucking get it.

Who's to say she isn't upset about the pandemic? Literally grow up. People can feel more than one emotion at a time. Dumb dumb

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

she wasnt even crying about the leak, she was literally crying about the things going on in the world right now and how she had to postpone her tour and how she didn’t know if she was doing the right thing dropping music during these times and all of that. she even seemed excited for it to drop this friday. but even if she was crying about her album leaking.. why isn’t she allowed to? yes there are way bigger issues but that doesnt mean she cant be upset about things like these. gays who go out of their way to look for a problem are so annoying.

qfrWuBl.png

she wasnt even crying about the leak, she was literally crying about the things going on in the world right now and how she had to postpone her tour and how she didn’t know if she was doing the right thing dropping music during these times and all of that. she even seemed excited for it to drop this friday. but even if she was crying about her album leaking.. why isn’t she allowed to? yes there are way bigger issues but that doesnt mean she cant be upset about things like these. gays who go out of their way to look for a problem are so annoying.

Oh, my bad, thought she was upset about the leak. Of course it sucks, I never said that it didn't.

there's a lot of things that have happened there's a pandemic which affects everyone and people she knows, said pandemic has also resulted in her entire promo schedule getting cancelled which probably already caused some sort of rescheduling of things and finding some alternative way to promote the record which, looking back now, was a ton of "useless" work because it has been overthrown by a leak which messed with the very rollout of the project, so it has to be changed once again like.. literally let ha live and be emotional about having to cut back on literally almost anything she had planned for the upcoming weeks and months and not just album related because there's basically a lockdown on everything else + the uncertainty surrounding the actual pandemic and state of the world.

anyway leaks obviously hurt an album so i don't get how some people still try debating about how it doesn't matter on here.

i76mrxw.png