Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

the way if you stop at track 9 the album is like without any question a perfect 10/10. good in bed grew on me a little but not much and boy wills be boys in so off place within the album. she could’ve gave if it ain’t me a bridge and would’ve had another pop perfection track and would’ve got norma i stans to listen too. BWBB could’ve been like a one off single for some organization or something i get it but it doesn’t flow.

okay i will admit this is wildly true

negAbhB.png

Only Dua could make me return to the LanaBoards... 

Excellent follow up to one of my favorite albums of all time. Gutted about how fast it flies by, but I suppose that's a side effect of having fun, which I had a ton of while listening to this album. 

I am going to have to listen to this album several times before coming to a conclusion, but I can say for sure that it did not surpass s/t for me at this juncture.

In full transparency I joined the Dua Lipa fanbase following "One Kiss" and Alison Wonderland's remix of "New Rules".

Regardless, Dua is here to stay. Future Nostalgia, indeed.

Side note: "Cool" made me think about my crush, who also happens to be British. God I hope this virus goes away so she returns from London. 

AHHHH 

tumblr_nopwqi7OS71sbofwio1_540.gif

The album is absolutely amazing, Good in Bed and BWBB don't deserve all the hate, they're not on the level of the singles but they're faaar from bad, they're a solid 8/10, GIB is so fun and tounge n'cheek and BWBB has some really good, bold and realistic lyrics, kind of shocking her point of view while executing this song tbh I thought it would be something like Fight Song :toofunny:

8nl2OpX.png

I feel like havent been excited for an album in sooo long 

Jesus this is one of the best albums I've heard in a long time from start to finish 

I know people say boys will be boys doesn't fit, feels like it needed a bit more rework to match the disco sound of the other songs to flow well

my favorites apart from all of the singles are Cool, Levitate, and Love Again... omfg whats the song that it samples?? I forgot the name!

also, that little elastic string sound effect @1:07 on Good in Bed surprised the hell out of me 

Time for a thread for Ben Mawson and Nicole Nodland's new muse. The future legend DUA LIPA

Baby girl just hit over 1milli views on her first single. get with it.

Now 431M views on her first & her most viewed single at 2B being the 35th most viewed video of all time.. :xcry: a legend indeed.

I'm about to listen to FN for the first time as I didn't listen to the leak, I'll be back to share my thoughts in a bit xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

So far I love the new album!! So bright, real, and dance able!! It's cheering me up like nothing has lately.

PHYSICAL IS SUCH A BOP!!

LOVE AGAIN!!! SO GOOD

GOOD IN BED!!

All the songs are great these are my top 4 tho

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Have to listen it the second time still, but it's a 10/11. such a shame the last two tracks are so out of place and underproduced. Good In Bed is a very generic 2019/2020 pop song with A LOT of harmonic crashes, like wtff are those horrible melodies? BWBB is cute but doesn't fit the fun careless vibe of the album and sonically is very boring and non cohesive with the rest, still better than GIB tho.

She could've easily swept them with If It Aint Me and One Kiss (that was obviously the blueprint for the whole Future Nostalgia concept/sound, especially in DSN and Hallucinate).

This album feels a lot like COADF in a lot of cuts. Physical - Hung Up, Love Again - Let It Will Be, Hallucinate - How High/ILNY

And it kinda has the same purpose as that album with the reviving the 70s/80s+90s with a modern twist.

Dua Lupa main pop girl YES. :flutter:

boys will be boys... I'm sorry but thats a hell of a cringy song

if you're offended by this song, you're clearly doing something wrong" – girl wha

you’re probably clearly doing something wrong then sis xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Ok I think my mind won't change much: I love the album except the last 2 songs. They are not bad but also not good. She should have put Cherry on the album. Best songs: Don't Start Now, Love Again, Levitating, Cool (took time to grow) & Hallucinate. 

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3260-1375807715-35.

last two tracks sound like she's trying to a get the Grammy Award for Best Comedy Album

Don't Start Now remains the best song from the past like 2 years. TBH I've not really enjoyed much at all musically from the album expect Don't Start Now. Everything is too like corny and camp but I can appreciate the notion of doing something so against what is popular in music right now without actually enjoying it and her taking a theme and really running with it.

There's certainly no Lost In Your Light on here (which I think has stood the test of time to be the best track on Dua Lipa next to Be The One)

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I'm surprised Good In Bed's this generally disliked song, I love it. It's a fun bop. The only song on this album I don't like that much is Boys Will Be Boys, but even then I love the message, lyrically and even melodically it's just kinda weak. The rest of the album? All classics.

qfrWuBl.png