LDRO

Instagram Updates

On 5/25/2024 at 6:43 AM, Embach said:

I noticed that recently Lana started following Joshua Charow, who is a documentary filmmaker and photographer based in NYC. One of her dancers follow him as well. Of course she might follow him because she likes his work but maybe...there is a documentary collaboration? :brows:

Also, Nancy Sinatra shared this latest Lana BBC interview at the Ivor Novello Awards in her Instagram stories, where Lana said that she will continue her Nancy Sinatra thing. How cute! :aw:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/nancysinatra/3375225748611510154?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igsh=MWV6Nmw5b3M0NnltNQ==

So sort of related question- 

when she says she’s gonna keep doing her Nancy Sinatra thing, what does that mean? I only know Nancy Sinatra cause she was on an episode of the Sopranos. What is her thing??

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

On 5/25/2024 at 11:33 AM, Beautiful Loser said:

Genuinely curious, who has Rick Nowels worked with recently? Because these comments are starting to sound a bit desperate, I can’t tell if he genuinely misses their time together or if he just want to work with her to earn more money because she’s a much bigger name now.

He and her have an artistic chemistry that is lightening in a bottle. His cinematic productions + her voice / vibes.

It's a win for everyone involved and the fans , i am sure any producer would miss having such great work being released. 

9 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

when she says she’s gonna keep doing her Nancy Sinatra thing, what does that mean? I only know Nancy Sinatra cause she was on an episode of the Sopranos. What is her thing??

nancy’s songs have that james bond vibes so i think she was talking that every once in awhile she would still do some songs like that 

17 minutes ago, ArtDecoVintageGirl said:

He and her have an artistic chemistry that is lightening in a bottle. His cinematic productions + her voice / vibes.

It's a win for everyone involved and the fans , i am sure any producer would miss having such great work being released. 

Oh definitely, I agree, they’re magical together!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

37 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Nancy Sinatra is one of Lana’s influences. Please Google her and you’ll see why lol. From her style and looks to her music. She’s also covered Nancy Sinatra (summer wine) with Barry. 

faSE.gif

I thought she kinda didn’t love Nancy Sinatra and said she really wasn’t a huge inspiration at all. Like in the interview I am thinking about she said Nancy wasn’t musically talented 

Does anyone know the interview I am talking about? I can’t find it anywhere but it was her addressing being called the gangster Nancy Sinatra 

10 hours ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Basically everything, people said here above. Nancy's songs have some kind of a cinematic vibe (like "Bang Bang") which are similar to James Bond soundtracks. So she'll keep doing cinematic, soundtrack-worthy songs.

9 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I thought she kinda didn’t love Nancy Sinatra and said she really wasn’t a huge inspiration at all. Like in the interview I am thinking about she said Nancy wasn’t musically talented 

Does anyone know the interview I am talking about? I can’t find it anywhere but it was her addressing being called the gangster Nancy Sinatra 

Yeah, I think you meant this one ⬇️

On 3/25/2024 at 4:30 PM, Embach said:

Lana Del Rey about the "gangsta Nancy Sinatra" nickname in an interview for Dazed in 2011:

"I didn’t come up with that! My managers were struggling to describe my music to labels and kept saying, 'What genre is it? What style?' I called it Hollywood Sadcore. But my manager said, 'She's like a gangsta Nancy Sinatra!' And as soon as it flew out of his mouth, it fucking stuck like glue. I spend eight fucking years writing gorgeous songs and someone in a meeting says 'gangsta Nancy Sinatra' and that's that. It's brutal. I know two of Nancy's songs but she's not someone I've ever really listened to. I know everything about Frank, of course, because he's the real singer. It just goes to show how fucking stupid people can be sometimes."

I suggest reading that interview, it's really interesting: https://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/11702/1/lana-del-rey-bad-girl-blues

url%5D

2 hours ago, Embach said:

Lana Del Rey about the "gangsta Nancy Sinatra" nickname in an interview for Dazed in 2011:

"I didn’t come up with that! My managers were struggling to describe my music to labels and kept saying, 'What genre is it? What style?' I called it Hollywood Sadcore. But my manager said, 'She's like a gangsta Nancy Sinatra!' And as soon as it flew out of his mouth, it fucking stuck like glue. I spend eight fucking years writing gorgeous songs and someone in a meeting says 'gangsta Nancy Sinatra' and that's that. It's brutal. I know two of Nancy's songs but she's not someone I've ever really listened to. I know everything about Frank, of course, because he's the real singer. It just goes to show how fucking stupid people can be sometimes."

Yeah, that was a good article. As the "Gansta Nancy Sinatra" meme was taking off, I can imagine a parallel universe where she just decided to release "Scarface" in response to it, which according to the Lana Del Rey Wiki, was recorded Feb 2010 (so she might have been able to do that, if Al Pacino and others had approved the sample used). Everybody might have taken the GNS meme as advanced promo for the song. There might have been some incredible backlash sure, but the meme would probably have died (and/or Nancy would have disavowed the comparison at that time). Comparing Nancy's singing to Frank's in that article was a bit cruel (if arguably true). She might have regretted that, causing her to cover Summer Wine later, idk. Also Nancy did perform a Bond song for You Only Live Twice. That song has melodic elements in common with the beginning Terrence Loves You, imo. Well that's enough rando reactions, I guess.

Lana followed a Music video director who has directed a music video for Migos before. Possibly Tough music video director???

url%5D

1 hour ago, lyinginthesand said:

Lana followed a douchefluencer

31 minutes ago, Embach said:

Lana followed a Music video director

inside you there are two wolves..