LDRO

Instagram Updates

2 hours ago, themusicbizisGONEgoingcountry said:

Not Jack D peeing, filming someone doing coke, talking to cops (being arrested?) with Julia Fox and posting a screen grab FaceTiming with a crying Lana on his story :oopna: 

The cop picture is from when he got arrested last year for setting off fireworks illegally, Julia posted it again for his birthday

2 hours ago, taco truck said:

I mean Charlie is her brother why are you guys so surprised Lana likes Jack😭😭

Also she is clearly smiling in that photo of her crying so I don’t think he posted that to be mean lol

right like it’s clearly tears of laughter.. everyone needs to leave my esoteric witch house it boy alone.. from what i can tell he seems to stay friendly with a few of his exes (or he just has a lot of female friends), so i don’t think he’s as much of a freak as he appears lol

59 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Dream girl? 
girl…

What she meant was

Spoiler

Digital, digital

I can be your digital dream girl

Digital, digital

I can be your digital, digital dream

Digital, digital

I can be your digital dream girl

Digital, digital

I can be your digital, digital dream

:dance::yass::dance3:

url%5D

13 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

She looks baked, those are deffo tears of laughter lol

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

happy 4th anniversary to the one of the most controversial letters of 21st century's pop culture - Question For The Culture. gonna write many thoughts about that, read it if you want to and if you don't then don't.

i know that it's an unpopular opinion but i think that everything she said in the letter was true and she had every right to defend herself because the criticism she received in her breakthrough years was very harsh and undeserved. what i do think is that she shared the letter with the wrong audience - because no one sadly takes things seriously in social media. people, mostly teenagers and younger adults, misunderstood most of the letter and exaggerated it, especially the first paragraph, taking it as a declaration of war on seven fandoms. but in fact she never shaded or "mocked" those artists she mentioned. like she said, she mentioned those artists as an example because they're her friends and inspirations - and it definitely hadn't to do with racism either, those "racist" and "karen" comments were in my opinion fucking disgusting. people were also very misogynistic towards her, exactly the way like they were during the born to die years, which again proved the point of the letter. i think it's still sad that many people thought that she's inauthentic and a "fabricated" industry plant or that she glamourized sadness and abuse. she had every right to be mad at them.

it was definitely very difficult for fans to "defend" her that time because i noticed that many of her fans turned against her, i literally saw a video then of "fan" taking a hammer and breaking her CDs to pieces. i also think that the reaction from her fans was even worse than outside the fandom, which is sad. almost half a decade later, i hope that people have finally understood what she wanted to say with the letter and if they still haven't got the message, then i don't know...it's their problem then.

the letter itself was as a shock since it was posted out of blue hence i've got many questions (not in a negative way) surrounding that letter - what was her thinking process while writing this, was it rewritten many times over, where did she get the idea to write that letter - maybe she wanted to post that years before, did she show that to anyone before posting it, did she have second thoughts before posting it, did she ever regret posting that, how did the backlash affect her life and does she ever want to write a letter like that again. definitely the reason she posted it that time was because the critics started finally praising her work, impact and artistry after NFR album was released, when before they liked to nitpick on the themes she wrote about born to die and ultraviolence.

if she ever writes a memoir of her life or releases a biographical movie of herself, I'd definitely like to see her dive more into that period of her life - to see how did the idea of writing that started and how did it affect her life after it was posted with all the backlash that she received then.

but now we can all proudly say that we survived the culture that was questioned.

url%5D

24 minutes ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

Lana commented: "U r so good" and "I have to do an album one day of just your remixes/interpretations"

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7Ue_zbStNA/?igsh=MWJ2YzZ6NTN0aG5idg==

Oh we won, Saif is talented af!

url%5D

7 minutes ago, Embach said:

Oh we won, Saif is talented af!

0.1% chance of it really happening, but I love his work too, and who knows! I can see Lana doing something like that honestly, to add to the 10+ projects she's considering  :silly: It's so sweet she acknowledged it! 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

35 minutes ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

Lana commented: "U r so good" and "I have to do an album one day of just your remixes/interpretations"

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7Ue_zbStNA/?igsh=MWJ2YzZ6NTN0aG5idg==

Oh...we won :oprah4:

I need blue banisters songs in Ultraviolence style on streaming services :true:

🥀 always remembered and never forgotten 🥀

Screenshot-20240319-004936.jpg

Genuinely curious, who has Rick Nowels worked with recently? Because these comments are starting to sound a bit desperate, I can’t tell if he genuinely misses their time together or if he just want to work with her to earn more money because she’s a much bigger name now.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 minute ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Genuinely curious, who has Rick Nowels worked with recently? Because these comments are starting to sound a bit desperate, I can’t tell if he genuinely misses their time together or if he just want to work with her to earn more money because she’s a much bigger name now.

Oh, he genuinely misses her. He has always been like that sweet about Lana, even in interviews from HM and LFL eras, he was always nostalgic talking about their studio days and always praised her. Recently he has worked with Tom Odell, Rosa Linn and also I saw some of his Insta stories promoting another singer I didn't know. I also remember BOZ said last year that he was working with Zara Larsson as well. Now he mostly works with European singers.

url%5D

Just now, Embach said:

Oh, he genuinely misses her. He has always been like that sweet about Lana, even in interviews from HM and LFL eras, he was always nostalgic talking about their studio days and always praised her. Recently he has worked with Tom Odell, Rosa Linn and also I saw some of his Insta stories promoting another singer I didn't know. I also remember BOZ said last year that he was working with Zara Larsson as well. Now he mostly works with European singers.

Oh okay, I just didn’t notice his comments until like the past year or so. 

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I noticed that recently Lana started following Joshua Charow, who is a documentary filmmaker and photographer based in NYC. One of her dancers follow him as well. Of course she might follow him because she likes his work but maybe...there is a documentary collaboration? :brows:

Also, Nancy Sinatra shared this latest Lana BBC interview at the Ivor Novello Awards in her Instagram stories, where Lana said that she will continue her Nancy Sinatra thing. How cute! :aw:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/nancysinatra/3375225748611510154?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igsh=MWV6Nmw5b3M0NnltNQ==

url%5D