LDRO

Instagram Updates

lana is so me…if i was a celeb i could see myself posting an instagram video trying to explain myself and then deleting it right after. i understand how on one hand she gives zero fucks about trying to be popular or appealing to people, but on the other hand she hates being misunderstood and gets defensive when people misunderstand her. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

She had a rhino- that’s still surgery 

She most likely just had a filler at her nose bridge. A lot of people with a bumped nose do it. 

She also once specified that she has "never been under the knife" in response to the fake-face allegations, and her careful wording there makes sense if we assume what i'm saying is right 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

36 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

Yeah I think it's pretty clear that she doesn't come from a privileged, wealthy background. But it seems to me like she had a seemingly comfortable, middle class upbringing. That doesn't mean there couldn't have been issues with/fights over money between her parents. Lots of people have decent, stable jobs but are poor at managing their money, overspend, don't save, etc. But it's not like she grew up with one parent who was a grocery store cashier and one a cook at McDonald's. And Lake Placid isn't a really poor town, it has tons of money from wealthy New Yorkers who buy houses there because it's a tourist town/ski resort. The Olympics were even held there. And even if the locals aren't wealthy like people who buy second homes there/move there with money, it's not like that doesn't affect the cost of living for everyone. Her childhood home is valued at $1.2M on Zillow right now and is only one block from the lake. Maybe her parents were house poor and bought too much house though

Agreed; everything points to middle class. There is nothing wrong with her acknowledging that. No one thinks any less of her because of it. 

Idk if anyone else agrees but I just feel like she's not content with people thinking that and wants us to think she was downright poor? She wasn't. She went to ice skating lessons and out on boats and to Italy on exchange and to whatever that Abercrombie and Fitch thing with Lindsay Lohan was. Those are not things that people from poor backgrounds can afford for their kids to do. I'm not saying life was perfect but whose is?

That rant was very unnecessary. Just say your family was middle class, tell everyone to fuck off, and go. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Obviously, no celebrity is obligated to go on record and talk about their childhood, however considering the fact that she consistently chooses to talk about it, isn't it strange how she never states anything that would directly mean she was poor? She never says anything like "we made below the poverty line" or "we ate off food stamps." It's always something like "my parents always argued about money" (every family of every class argues about money) "they called me white trash" (you don't actually have to be white trash for bullies to call you it) "lake placid is a rural town" (you don't have to be poor to live there, it's not like you're talking about a literal ghetto)

All facts point towards her being middle class. Nothing's wrong with that. I don't understand why she doesn't just say "my family didn't finance my career" and instead she feels the need to paint this picture of poverty time and time again

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

also is she whispering with a raspy ass voice like that because of all the vaping…she’s never sounded like that even when she smoked cigs 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

1 minute ago, cherrytropico said:

also is she whispering with a raspy ass voice like that because of all the vaping…she’s never sounded like that even when she smoked cigs 

She never stopped smoking cigs 

And I'm almost positive it's not bc of the vape she just performed for months and sounded beautiful 

8 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Those are not things that people from poor backgrounds can afford for their kids to do. 

She said they didn't have any money. Rob blew all their savings on domain names after the dotcom bubble and everyone thought he was insane for it.

My dad took us out on boats and we were pretty poor and classified as just under middle class. 

We had a student exchange and we had to severely budget to afford the plane ticket.

My parents managed to scrounge enough money together for karate lessons for a few years.

It doesn't cost any money to try out for modeling. 

I don't think you fully know what it was like in the late 80s and 90s. 

5 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

She might have a cold or smthn 

20 minutes ago, genghis khan said:

All facts point towards her being middle class. 

instead she feels the need to paint this picture of poverty time and time again

She said they didn't have much money. 

What facts are you talking about? 

You think because your mom is a special education school teacher means you are suddenly and mystically catapulted to middle class? 🤠    

"teacher pay has remained relatively flat since 1996. Moreover, teachers make considerably less than peers working in other industries."

Teachers in the 90s were broke cuzzo. 🤣

13 minutes ago, Rivers said:

She said they didn't have any money. Rob blew all their savings on domain names after the dotcom bubble and everyone thought he was insane for it.

My dad took us out on boats and we were pretty poor and classified as just under middle class. 

We had a student exchange and we had to severely budget to afford the plane ticket.

My parents managed to scrounge enough money together for karate lessons for a few years.

It doesn't cost any money to try out for modeling. 

I don't think you fully know what it was like in the late 80s and 90s. 

Idk why you're so invested in pushing this poverty narrative but whatever

"Classified as just under middle class" =/= poor. I stand by my post. You can rely on ifs and buts and believe that her family was poor, or you can believe that it's exactly what it looks like: a middle class upbringing.

And that thing you posted about median house prices is lacking context:

"The per capita income in Lake Placid in 2018 was $34,972, which is middle income relative to New York, and upper middle income relative to the rest of the US. This equates to an annual income of $139,888 for a family of four. However, Lake Placid contains both very wealthy and poor people as well."

^ That's from Googling "is Lake Placid a wealthy area?"

Ultimately, who the fuck cares? She wasn't wealthy, and (I think?) that's her point, I just don't think she needs to be so selectively specific about it.

10 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

"Classified as just under middle class" =/= poor. 

"The per capita income in Lake Placid in 2018 was $34,972, which is middle income relative to New York, 

If you don't classify as middle class, you are lower class. 🤣

You can be the bottom of middle class and be broke cause your dad spent all of your savings on internet handles. 😆

Internet domains are not like real estate. It's not equivalent to net worth. They are worth zero u til someone buys one, real.estste.can always be offloaded to a bank, internet domains couldn't be at the time, plus everyone thought buying domains was super sketchy.

2018 was years later. She had already broke through in the industry. 

Y'all mad that the truth is she didn't have money, the family almost went into poverty from robs crazy investments and she was broke AF for 9 years.