LDRO

Instagram Updates

just saw my therapist two days ago though and have been seeing one for the past five years. now, because it seems like y'all aren't getting it...

I agree with Lana. I work hard in my own life to create a space for people to feel empowered through their submission. I'm not going to say what I do specifically, but I work with a lot of people who are submissive and embarrassed and feel ashamed of it, especially when society is always yelling at them to be dominant and powerful. there IS power in choosing to be submissive. I have no problem with that. And I'm allowed to feel de-powered by someone else's words. She said things that made me feel kinda shameful honestly, and guess the fuck what? I'm allowed to feel that. And it's natural to feel shame. I'm allowed to feel affected by other people's words. It's okay for me to not want to jump up and down at this post. this is the third time in the past hour that someone has said that I shouldn't be feeling this way. why the fuck can't I? I explore and decipher the world using my experiences and my thoughts and feelings. that's the way i survive. so I really don't see why "i should stop projecting." I felt some type of way, it's okay for me to feel that type of way, Lana didn't purposely target anyone to feel this type of way, things just happen.

Absolutely. Besides, there is no such thing as an “objective” truth, so in that sense everyone projects or relates to things from their own perspective. Some people on here are just mean and arrogant in the sense that they believe they “understand” the true meaning behind that instagram post, but fail to realize that they’re just doing the same thing as you (understanding from their own perspective, that is). Which is an absolutely normal thing to do.

i just hate all long letter-format posts/notes app screenshots on social media it always comes off as annoying and like most of the time the entire thing was just not necessary still can’t believe that’s the trend lana picked up online out of all the others

however we know she’s gonna get dragged for this and hopefully she’ll just finally stop with these bc whenever i see her posting yet another long text post that reads like she wrote it at some random point during the night. considering that online culture lives off of dragging others and it’s the majority of the content we see online people will automatically assume she’s dragging the artist instead of the journalists and critics she’s aimed this critique for, should have let this at the cute donations post and ask this in the groupchat with her girls or smth like .. why is she asking us about these things and not one of her 816 friends directly involved in the business.

i76mrxw.png 

Oh yeah, she's definitely going to take issue with Lanz name dropping Black women.

Just add in some comments about Lana's appearance and Harvey Weinstein, and we might get Pull Up Anytime 2.0

Don't forget the grossly-detailed descriptions of sexual acts that take up multiple full tweets.

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

doja will most definitely say something she lives to troll wouldn't be surprised if nicki indirected her either

Doja seems like the type of person who would say "Drag me queen"

People really just read the first paragraph and disregarded the entire point...

I feel bad for Lana because of this. She had an actual message she wanted to send out and its rare for her to speak out, and then when she does it becomes a scandal. I hope she continues to voice her opinion and doesnt let this discourage her. Also I hope she learns from this and next time words things better.

I definitely understand where Lana is coming from.

To me at least, feminism is about choice. Lana obviously chooses to take on a more vulnerable role in the relationship, and perhaps life in general, but she might feel judged for that based on how feminism these days is about being dominant and nothing else. Not every woman wants to be that way, and that's fine! Unfortunately not everyone is understanding of this. You can still be a strong woman and fall head over heels for the person you love. Lots of things can coexist.

With LFL, she obviously felt the need to tone down her vulnerability for the critics, and I think that's why the album to some of us felt disingenuous. Around the time of release she also dropped the "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" line from her live performances of UV, which personally I was disappointed with. True feminism to me is about being unapologetic. To let your guard down and embrace femininity in the way you choose to show it, regardless of how submissive it may be. We all know Lana can stick up for herself and to speak her mind (especially to men).

Since day one, Lana has always been an easy target purely because she embraced her submissive side during the time where it was becoming popular for women to thrive off of their dominance in music. Critics bashed her, picked apart her lyrics, painted her as something she's not. Now I'm not saying there aren't some questionable things she has sung about, but that's what art is all about, right? It's not supposed to please people. It's supposed to shock people. To make people question things. It is what it is.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

People really just read the first paragraph and disregarded the entire point...

That's exactly what they did. God forbid some of these crazy stans on twitter/tumblr actually read the entire thing.