LDRO

Instagram Updates

I feel like some of you aren't understanding that she could have done this without name-dropping and shaming female artists of color. She says "wearing no clothes, fucking" like their negative things. That's at least how I perceived it. As someone who is becoming a sex worker, hearing her say those things was a real punch to my self-esteem, especially coming from my favorite artist. I don't want to feel shamed and I know I'm not the only one who felt shamed and de-powered.

Just sounds like you’re projecting your insecurities.

... girl what does race have to do with any of this. Her point was that all women should be able to make music about whatever they want without being scrutinized for it. Imagine if she only mentioned white women with #1s. that probably would’ve upset you too smh. She mentioned black women because those black women are TOP stars. Shouldnt you be happy about that?? Shes mentioning successful women. Its NOT a race thing. Smh smh smh

I'm just saying she could've made the same point without name dropping these stars... I agree that the past criticisms of Lana were extremely unfair and misogynistic, but making this post right after Doja, Nicki, Beyonce and Megan made billboard history and saying "can I please go back to..." just makes it like she's trying to steal their shine LMFAO. It just don't sit right with my spirit, but I forgot how far up Lanas ass some of her stans are so imma just eat my food chile

it's not about reading comprehension. sis said it in a way that sounds like she's saying that singing about fucking and cheating and being naked are somehow worse than what she is talking about

She also writes about this shit. She’s posed nude, wrote songs about her pussy, played a stripper in a music video, the list goes on and on. Song after song about being the other women. Have you listened to her music before or read her lyrics.

I feel like some of you aren't understanding that she could have done this without name-dropping and shaming female artists of color. She says "wearing no clothes, fucking" like their negative things. That's at least how I perceived it. As someone who is becoming a sex worker, hearing her say those things was a real punch to my self-esteem, especially coming from my favorite artist. I don't want to feel shamed and I know I'm not the only one who felt shamed and de-powered.

The people who are mad are turning it into a race thing hahahaha yikesss

Now why would she judge them for it when she sings about her pussy, and fucking her way up to the top? When she has vids of herself on a stripper pole? She even mentioned in the post her singing about DANCING FOR MONEY. She was praising Ariana so much lately, about how much she admires her confidence. You feeling shamed is a reflection of yourself and your own self esteem. You should be more strong and secure with yourself, then you wouldnt go around projecting. You feeling shame has nothing to do with Lana lol I sincerely hope you find more strength and confidence within yourself though, I dont wanna come across heartless

She also writes about this shit. She’s posed nude, wrote songs about her pussy, played a stripper in a music video, the list goes on and on. Song after song about being the other women. Have you listened to her music before or read her lyrics.

doesn't mean she can't shame others for doing the same

The people who are mad are turning it into a race thing hahahaha yikesss

Now why would she judge them for it when she sings about her pussy, and fucking her way up to the top? When she has vids of herself on a stripper pole? She even mentioned in the post her singing about DANCING FOR MONEY. She was praising Ariana so much lately, about how much she admires her confidence. You feeling shamed is a reflection of yourself and your own self esteem. You should be more strong and secure with yourself, then you wouldnt go around projecting. You feeling shame has nothing to do with Lana lol

k, i'm incredibly confident and secure with myself. i'm still allowed to feel shamed by others words. i'm still allowed to have emotional reactions to others actions.

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Don’t think Lana is trying to ‘steal anyone’s shine’. She’s not even in the same world as some of the artist. Her music isn’t hitting number one, it isn’t being played on the radio, and nobody is stealing the shine of Beyoncé or Nicki. The other dusty chicks idk but not certified icons like bey and nicki.

it's not about reading comprehension. sis said it in a way that sounds like she's saying that singing about fucking and cheating and being naked are somehow worse than what she is talking about

BUT she also have songs about that themes, see fuckEd my way my up to the top, or sad girl (?) I think she’s not tying to shade them, she’s just asking why did people attack her for being “herself” while others don’t get to experience that :C

Love her message, love her biting back at the media, love her making art and releasing it, love her fire coming out again.

But the way she phrased her post makes it too easy to misinterpret her.

To me, she’s asking if now that it’s normal and celebrated to make songs about sex, being sexual, taking agency over your body, etc, if she can go back to writing about more raunchier topics without being dragged by the critics. She is not saying women should be judged for writing about those things, she is just pointing out how her lyrics get put down as non feminist just because she’s being more submissive to men in her sexual scenarios, as opposed to being more dominant and in power. She’s wondering if feminism has a space for women like her, who love hard and fall hard and will do anything for her man.

She’s not dragging other women, She just wants the freedom to sing about what she wants without being seen as weak or like someone who is against women’s rights.

Wish she would have phrased it better but what can you do. She’s never been the best at explaining herself, i think that’s why she makes such good art. It’s the only way she knows how to get her words across.

No one said you werent allowed to have emotions about things.... but you dont have to twist someones intentions into something its not. That isnt right

hey, ultimately we don't know her intentions! so your opinion isn't any more valid than mine. 

and yes, if we want to really go into it, it can easily be perceived like she's shaming them.

she knows she has a diverse audience with unique backgrounds, she could have easily wrote it in a way that wouldn't have people perceive it as subtle shaming

BUT she also have songs about that themes, see fuckEd my way my up to the top, or sad girl (?) I think she’s not tying to shade them, she’s just asking why did people attack her for being “herself” while others don’t get to experience that :C

you know what, I see where you;re coming from. I think you're right.

hey, ultimately we don't know her intentions! so your opinion isn't any more valid than mine. 

and yes, if we want to really go into it, it can easily be perceived like she's shaming them.

she knows she has a diverse audience with unique backgrounds, she could have easily wrote it in a way that wouldn't have people perceive it as subtle shaming

True, we honestly dont 100% know her intentions. Im just hoping her heart was in a good place when she wrote this... if she reslly was trying to throw them under the bus I don’t stand by that at all lol

I feel like shes sometimes impulsive with her words and she in general can be quite confusing and hard to read... she needs PR training lol

She's clearly saying "I was shamed for this in the past - maybe culture's moved far enough through these other artists that I can do what I've always done, and not be shamed for it anymore." Unfortunately we live in a world where people get clicks and cash by misunderstanding people's obvious intentions ...

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Love her message, love her biting back at the media, love her making art and releasing it, love her fire coming out again.

But the way she phrased her post makes it too easy to misinterpret her.

To me, she’s asking if now that it’s normal and celebrated to make songs about sex, being sexual, taking agency over your body, etc, if she can go back to writing about more raunchier topics without being dragged by the critics. She is not saying women should be judged for writing about those things, she is just pointing out how her lyrics get put down as non feminist just because she’s being more submissive to men in her sexual scenarios, as opposed to being more dominant and in power. She’s wondering if feminism has a space for women like her, who love hard and fall hard and will do anything for her man.

She’s not dragging other women, She just wants the freedom to sing about what she wants without being seen as weak or like someone who is against women’s rights.

Wish she would have phrased it better but what can you do. She’s never been the best at explaining herself, i think that’s why she makes such good art. It’s the only way she knows how to get her words across.

exactly this. you can kinda see what it seems like she was aiming for, and that message isn't bad. but the beginning is too easy to be misinterpreted

True, we honestly dont 100% know her intentions. Im just hoping her heart was in a good place when she wrote this... if she reslly was trying to throw them under the bus I don’t stand by that at all lol

I feel like shes sometimes impulsive with her words and she in general can be quite confusing and hard to read... she needs PR training lol

Just for the record, I believe her heart was 111000000% in the right place, and her message did overall have a positive impact on me. It's just that even if she didn't see herself as shaming others, it's something that some people, like me, will see and feel

She's clearly saying "I was shamed for this in the past - maybe culture's moved far enough through these other artists that I can do what I've always done, and not be shamed for it anymore." Unfortunately we live in a world where people get clicks and cash by misunderstanding people's obvious intentions ...

or we live in a culture where it is natural to misunderstand intentions...

WOW chile! She took me out of my hibernation with this!

Don't want to be negative and get slandered for saying it but even though I absolutely get her side and point she wanted to make (kinda iconic tbh) but some parts of this letter really rubbed me the wrong way. I agree, she could have left name dropping out of this