LDRO

Instagram Updates

Omgggg wait until Azealia wakes up, she will tear Miss Grant apart

Azelea has been taking her meds and seems stabled from what I read but who knows. She flips a lot. I'm more worried about the Barbies and Beyhives. 

She had a point and articulated it badly/inappropriately considering the medium. This kind of discussion belongs in Billboard and Pitchfork. What a fucking weird way to announce your next album?

I think the artists she picked are just artists she likes (for example, she has talked about how much she loves Ariana in depth). To me it doesn't read as a drag at all, but unfortunately with a different positionally and not comprehending the post (or bothering to read at all) it comes across as really capricious.

But, I LOVE when people can't properly read and feel like she is being controversial, since that means more Lana in the headlines. Also, wouldn't it be really fucking funny if she has them featured on her album?  :flutter:

No that would be tragic because features on her album suck  :creep:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

She had a point and articulated it badly/inappropriately considering the medium. This kind of discussion belongs in Billboard and Pitchfork. What a fucking weird way to announce your next album?

I think the artists she picked are just artists she likes (for example, she has talked about how much she loves Ariana in depth). To me it doesn't read as a drag at all, but unfortunately with a different positionally and not comprehending the post (or bothering to read at all) it comes across as really capricious.

But, I LOVE when people can't properly read and feel like she is being controversial, since that means more Lana in the headlines. Also, wouldn't it be really fucking funny if she has them featured on her album?  :flutter:

One thing that makes me wonder is why does she say "not" a lot in her sentences?

I won't not fuck you the fuck up. 

I'm not not a feminist. 

:smokes3: 

i think what makes me most happy about the post, aside from the empowerment ofc poetry books and even the album is like. jeez how real emotions are, and how important it is to get them out. and that it's alright to express them. like- jeez since when was being sad such a crazy thing, it happens everyday, and having that omitted can be an even more frustrating thing. Miss Del Rey I feel u. QUEEN

Yeah! I will not go into the subject "feminism", because I don't think it's my "place of speech", since I'm a "straight white man" (as they say), although I'm a pro-feminism man.

Sometimes, Lana expresses herself in a confused way, but the message of the post seems clear to me. I understand her revolt and what she is claiming.

But what most catches my attention is this new woman who "seems" to be emerging... A woman who, since that post on Mother's Day, decided to spit out things that seemed to be stuck in her throat for a long time.

I have no idea what she has been doing in those quarantine times in terms of "self-knowledge", but I feel that something has changed. And I'm curious to know what her steps will be from now on and how this will reflect in her art.

I can say that I'm attracted again to this new Lana Del Rey, who speaks openly about her feelings. :)

giphy.gif

Yeah! I will not go into the subject "feminism", because I don't think it's my "place of speech", since I'm a "straight white man" (as they say), although I'm a pro-feminism man.

Sometimes, Lana expresses herself in a confused way, but the message of the post seems clear to me. I understand her revolt and what she is claiming.

But what most catches my attention is this new woman who "seems" to be emerging... A woman who, since that post on Mother's Day, decided to spit out things that seemed to be stuck in her throat for a long time.

I have no idea what she has been doing in those quarantine times in terms of "self-knowledge", but I feel that something has changed. And I'm curious to know what her steps will be from now on and how this will reflect in her art.

I can say that I'm attracted again to this new Lana Del Rey, who speaks openly about her feelings. :)

I know exactly what u mean. She's being a lot more outspoken which is great, but I guess since its all still unfolding, we don't really know. I've to agree something's different yeah. I kinda wanna know where it's all stemming from, but at the same time, it's too early to really say

UV/Honeymoon

I would be fucking pissed off if I were her too. She had a SUBSTANTIAL hand at paving the fucking way for this new generation of cool sad club kids and took all of the blows for them so that they could debut to pretty much widespread acclaim and acceptance without ever thinking twice, even though there are many which are LITERALLY industry plants e.g. billie eilish with her parents connections, dropping out of school so young and the fact she was marketed with her style at such a young age etc, Who has cited Lana as an influence many times (or more importantly her brother who probably has a larger stake in creating billie's overall sound and image) but her authenticity was never questioned whereas Lana was hounded for being inauthentic even though she did more back breaking work by working the live music scene for years without furthering her career in any real way - something newer generation artists won't ever have to do - they just need to keep up their social content calendars and make tiktoks while they chase another trend and drop a single every 3 weeks.

I think this outburst of anger is much delayed and I think Bilie winning album of the year was the straw that broke the camels back and I think she has had a lot of time to ruminate on it. I guess she only feels comfortable sharing this now as she is no longer on the receiving end of these claims and at a point where she is now regarded quite highly and not fighting an unfair fight.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I hate how she wrote "I'm not not a feminist".

What's so hard about writing "I'm a feminist". Ugh.

I even misread it the first time, I read "I'm not a feminist" and was like WOAH. 

some gossip pages in my country are already publising "Lana says she's not a feminist" :toofunny:

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

Reading the first line again, it really is hilarious that Doja Cat (a protege of Dr. Luke), Ariana (a white woman that purposely purports herself as mixed), Camila (a reality tv contestant and bona fide racist), Cardi B (a stripper turned reality tv personality turned rapper), Kehalni (boring) have not had to face the same rocky trajectory as an actual musician who has never done anything other than be authentic to herself and followed her own artistic inclinations so strongly.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I would be fucking pissed off if I were her too. She had a SUBSTANTIAL hand at paving the fucking way for this new generation of cool sad club kids and took all of the blows for them so that they could debut to pretty much widespread acclaim and acceptance without ever thinking twice, even though there are many which are LITERALLY industry plants e.g. billie eilish with her parents connections, dropping out of school so young and the fact she was marketed with her style at such a young age etc, Who has cited Lana as an influence many times (or more importantly her brother who probably has a larger stake in creating billie's overall sound and image) but her authenticity was never questioned whereas Lana was hounded for being inauthentic even though she did more back breaking work by working the live music scene for years without furthering her career in any real way - something newer generation artists won't ever have to do - they just need to keep up their social content calendars and make tiktoks while they chase another trend and drop a single every 3 weeks.

I think this outburst of anger is much delayed and I think Bilie winning album of the year was the straw that broke the camels back and I think she has had a lot of time to ruminate on it. I guess she only feels comfortable sharing this now as she is no longer on the receiving end of these claims and at a point where she is now regarded quite highly and not fighting an unfair fight.

You can tell she was hella hurt here

Lana-del-Rey.jpg?resize=780%2C470&ssl=1

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I know we're talking about certain topics here, but I literally. In what world is it that a girl literally dyes her hair into green/diff colors of the rainbow inwardly, not judged for being a persona while Lana was literally more or less singing about getting famous to then being judged as inauthentic. that's honestly so wild to me

UV/Honeymoon

Reading the first line again, it really is hilarious that Doja Cat (a protege of Dr. Luke), Ariana (a white woman that purposely purports herself as mixed), Camila (a reality tv contestant and bona fide racist), Cardi B (a stripper turned reality tv personality turned rapper), Kehalni (boring) have not had to face the same rocky trajectory as an actual musician who has never done anything other than be authentic to herself and followed her own artistic inclinations so strongly.

Doja cat was in the contract before the injunction and was very young when she signed the contract. Kehlani and Cardi have ABSOLUTELY faced the same backlash so please put a sock in it, you’re making yourself look worse. And as much as I don’t like Cardi’s music, or Camila, I have no idea why you’re trying to group Kehlani and Doja in with being “inauthentic” or “boring”... just say you only listen to alt pop and wanna suck Lana’s toes and go.

You can tell she was hella hurt here

Lana-del-Rey.jpg?resize=780%2C470&ssl=1

this photo gets me real sad. like. Oof if I didn't know any better it was like a set up or something. but mall dress Lana outSOLD

some gossip pages in my country are already publising "Lana says she's not a feminist" :toofunny:

honestly since when was speed a precursor for quality :/

UV/Honeymoon

while i stand by my previous post, i wanna add something:

a far better point for lana to have made is that men's music/lyrical content/image have never been nowhere near as scrutinized and judged as women's are, and most of her negative, misconstrued & sometimes even downright misogynistic press - as those of us who are old enough to this fandom to remember hipster runoff know - has been written by men. they're also still the gatekeepers of the industry, so even if her post has to do with women & their freedom (or lack thereof) to create whatever they want while still being considered "serious artists", naming other women was actually beside the point. after all, there's a reason why her music (and most of the artists she mentioned) appeals almost exclusively to women and gay men.

also, and without getting too ~lb resident armchair psychologist~ here, this post is symptomatic of her issues with other women/womanhood in general. her inability to downright call herself a feminist & instead having to resort to a double negative is pretty telling; she went from daddy's girl to guy's girl to daddy's girl again (but now the other kind) and only recently did she start hanging out with girl friends in a significant & seemingly healthier way. she's definitely made progress, but more than racism/ignorance i think she still has a lot of unresolved internalized misogyny issues she needs to work on.

And thats on what? periodt.

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif