LDRO

Instagram Updates

Her post could've been good if she learned how to edit. Idk this whole situation has me very jaded and I find it really embarrassing that someone her age who has been high level famous for so long still pulls shit like this. She's so hyper privileged and oblivious sometimes. I guess I'm just glad I can separate the art from the artist.

she‘s the madonna of her generation

stirring yet another drama by being mistaken and misunderstood

i76mrxw.png 

i don’t think lana’s a raging racist or intended to “shade” black women like doja, nicki, megan & beyonce... but i think the issue w/ people is how she even mentioned them in the first place. there was simply no need because she didn’t even congratulate them or say she was happy, she just went to go on and complain about her own problems after black women have just dominated the charts for the first time since the 90s? i agree that lana was relentlessly criticised early in her career and it was obviously due to misogyny, but she could’ve made a post without namedropping anyone else because it just made her seem bitter. also lana did not “pave the way”, black women have been singing about these topics for DECADES. and lana did glamorise abusive relationships like lolita and that’s just facts so idk why that was even brought up.

yall can defend lana as ik some people will regardless but there’s an obvious issue here lol

edit: also yes i find it strange how every time lana drags someone into her controversies it’s always black artists... but anyways

I honestly hate the fact that people are trying to make her sound racist rn. Like... isnt blaming her for being racist when shes not being racist technically make u racist-

giphy.gif  Me going to pick up my wish package

I honestly hate the fact that people are trying to make her sound racist rn. Like... isnt blaming her for being racist when shes not being racist technically make u racist-

No. Please don't try to bring this argument to twitter, it's bad enough already.

locals only

she‘s the madonna of her generation

stirring yet another drama by being mistaken and misunderstood

:lel: that's kind of apt. When I tell people I like lana they're always kind of :eek: about it and I have to clarify I like her music because of the reputation she's built for herself through so many foot in mouth moments over the years.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

The photo of the blue book which is among a batch of photos that L.D.R. recently posted is from page 164 of the Alcoholics Anonymous handbook [Fourth Edition].

https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoholics-anonymous

I really should be going back into hiding now, but I wanted to note on this real quick bc I've been wanting to make a big post about this for awhile, but didn't know if it would be too personal/intrusive to do so.

I think Lana started attending AA again in 2018/2019 and I think that's where she actually met her new group of girl friends.

I first started thinking this because many of her new girl friends in her little squad have made posts on their instagrams regarding their "sober birthdays" and congratulating their friends for their sober milestones as well. I have a few screenshots of these instances, but again, held off on posting anything because I wasn't sure if it was something that should be talked about on here.

Anyway, I think she met these girls from her meetings, and that Candace is probably her sponsor. (The older woman who Lana has posted having phone conversations with.)

Furthermore, in her leaked Pitchfork 2017 interview, the interviewer made a reference to Alcoholics Anonymous in which Lana said she had "no comment." Lana also said she had "no comment" when the interviewer asked if she still drank.

Also, a friend had told me that one of her friend's uber drivers mentioned meeting Lana in an AA. There's also a few tweets on twitter that talk about meeting Lana at AA. Of course that's all just hearsay.. and all of this is just my pure personal speculation, but it sort of adds up, especially with this book post.

I know people have some negative opinions of her new lil girl gang, but I think they've been a positive influence on her, especially if she met them where I'm thinking she did. Good for Lana for continuing to always better herself and surrounding herself with people who have her best interest at heart. Always proud of her.

Anyway, ttfn x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I really should be going back into hiding now, but I wanted to note on this real quick bc I've been wanting to make a big post about this for awhile, but didn't know if it would be too personal/intrusive to do so.

I think Lana started attending AA again in 2018/2019 and I think that's where she actually met her new group of girl friends.

I first started thinking this because many of her new girl friends in her little squad have made posts on their instagrams regarding their "sober birthdays" and congratulating their friends for their sober milestones as well. I have a few screenshots of these instances, but again, held off on posting anything because I wasn't sure if it was something that should be talked about on here.

Anyway, I think she met these girls from her meetings, and that Candace is probably her sponsor. (The older woman who Lana has posted having phone conversations with.)

Furthermore, in her leaked Pitchfork 2017 interview, the interviewer made a reference to Alcoholics Anonymous in which Lana said she had "no comment." Lana also said she had "no comment" when the interviewer asked if she still drank.

Also, a friend had told me that one of her friend's uber drivers mentioned meeting Lana in an AA. There's also a few tweets on twitter that talk about meeting Lana at AA. Of course that's all just hearsay.. and all of this is just my pure personal speculation, but it sort of adds up, especially with this book post.

I know people have some negative opinions of her new lil girl gang, but I think they've been a positive influence on her, especially if she met them where I'm thinking she did. Good for Lana for continuing to always better herself and surrounding herself with people who have her best interest at heart. Always proud of her.

Anyway, ttfn x

this makes so much sense. wow.

I'm actually glad she has these girls around her. 

Anyway, I C a lot of white people here claiming that it's not racist. Nobody cares what you have to say cracker, let the black women speak

Nice try, im not white

How can you s e e if someone is white when no ones actual face is posted here

Dont assume shit

There is a reason they say "brevity is the soul of wit", and we've just witnessed it.

1) Yeah, names were (completely) unnecessary. I guess her post shows us that she has no confidants to filter her before she posts things (or that such confidants are not very "good"). As was brought up above, there have been plenty of song eras (including the current one) that deal with obsessive (a term I prefer to abusive/submissive) love affairs, etc. She only has to assert that her songwriting is well within the norms of such (as it really is, imo), and let people do the work of finding exemplars. I mean the critics are supposed to be able to do that easily, by definition of being knowledgable (although most may not be). And while it was true that she was ridiculed irrationally in the BTD era, she did in fact win that war (BTD sold the most of her records and is considered a classic of sorts). Why can't she just let go?

2) In the imaginary discussions I have had with her (with my imaginary friend James Franco recording), she say's after saying "I'm not a feminist": "I'm a humanist". Ah well....insert face-palm here.

3) Yes, it's ok to revisit older song modes. Give us that 25 song unreleased album! Call it "The Worst of Lana Del Rey" and take home that AOTY.

:lel: that's kind of apt. When I tell people I like lana they're always kind of :eek: about it and I have to clarify I like her music because of the reputation she's built for herself through so many foot in mouth moments over the years.

i honestly don‘t think lana has a bad reputation here but we been knew the anglosphere media is trash

anyway yeah the post was unnecessary yes,

did she have a point? yes

did she have to post about it? no

if she still wanted to post about it she should have rewritten it into one of those longer taylor rants which are a much better way to communicate her anger than these not fleshed out pr-letters in her stupid poetry book aesthetic like she managed to edit that right but didn‘t bother hitting up ben or linking up with someone who can actually write a well phrased and fleshed out text for her?

i76mrxw.png 

Nice try, im not white

Dont assume shit

There's a Pictures of You thread so a lot of people actually do know what active posters here look like.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Nice try, im not white

Dont assume shit

Ur defence of misogynoir makes you white by default sweetcheeks

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Do we expect her to make a second statement explaining herself?

I seriously hope not. There's nothing she can say that would make people on twitter happy. If she clarifies that she's happy for the women she mentions and says she's a fan, people will say she's backtracking because she realised it was a mistake. If she gets defensive, people will drag her for that too. There's no winning, so I hope she says nothing.

locals only

She had a point and articulated it badly/inappropriately considering the medium. This kind of discussion belongs in Billboard and Pitchfork. What a fucking weird way to announce your next album?

I think the artists she picked are just artists she likes (for example, she has talked about how much she loves Ariana in depth). To me it doesn't read as a drag at all, but unfortunately with a different positionally and not comprehending the post (or bothering to read at all) it comes across as really capricious. ALSO, due to the weird editing, it makes it sound like she is dragging all the artists she mentioned - when in reality, she is calling out people like Azaelia Banks, Lorde and Kim Gordon. 

But, I LOVE when people can't properly read and feel like she is being controversial, since that means more Lana in the headlines. Also, wouldn't it be really fucking funny if she has them featured on her album?  :flutter:

3lfQEhw.png